[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Thank you for the links of documentation - missed the troubleshooting guide! I will study

- I have configured PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DSN as requested in the template.

- I have created a database and database user and database password in addition to the database root password

Some questions:

- I changed the port of the mariadb-PP from 3306 to 3307, as the other mariadb used for Nextcloud has same IP (see screenshot above) - is it correct doing so?

In Photoprism DSN variable I have configuered it accordingly with Unraidserver IP (192.168.1.40) and port 3307

- can I leave the containers in Bridge mode, or do I need to use BR0 for some reason ?

here are the logs, when containers started:

Mariadb:

image.thumb.png.3e62cd4c7077d32d1def419d16d1e708.png

PhotoPrism

I have seen indeed some fault when scrolling fully up the photoprism terminal.

That access denied - I rechecked - no wrong passwords, etc.  In the DSN Variable I put the database user password, not DB-root password - correct ?

image.thumb.png.3c3396cee63b558c56eb8bc20344991d.png

1 minute ago, ullibelgie said:

- I changed the port of the mariadb-PP from 3306 to 3307, as the other mariadb used for Nextcloud has same IP (see screenshot above) - is it correct doing so?

Shouldn't be a issue. May I ask why do you set up a second MariaDB container if you already have one? Simply create a user, database,... in the existing container. You always can delete the user there...

2 minutes ago, ullibelgie said:

- can I leave the containers in Bridge mode, or do I need to use BR0 for some reason ?

Yes, you can leave it in Bridge mode.

3 minutes ago, ullibelgie said:

That access denied - I rechecked - no wrong passwords, etc.  In the DSN Variable I put the database user password, not DB-root password - correct ?

Something like this, assuming your user is photoprismuser, your password is photoprismpassword and the database is photoprismdb:

photoprismuser:photoprismpassword@tcp(192.168.1.40:3307)/photoprismdb?parseTime=true

Anyways, I would still recommend that you are use your already existing MariaDB container and create the user and Database there, of course you would need to change the port from my example above.

Hace 21 horas, ich777 dijo:

No, umask es para nuevos archivos creados, por favor déjelo en 000.

If it is correct umask the e reviewed several times but I do not know why the downloaded files do not save them with 777, you think q I need to configure so that you have these permissions even already change the owner to root in jdownloader appdata.

"...May I ask why do you set up a second MariaDB container if you already have one? Simply create a user, database,... in the existing container. You always can delete the user there...  "

Actually I didn't know, if it works in a docker having several databases with different users and passwords in the same mariadb container. And how to set it up ?????

I guess:

So, in the mariadb-official container template there is the variable MARIADB_DATABASE, which is the database name. At the moment there is only one database named nextcloud. Simply generate another database and change the MARIADB_DATABASE variable to:

'nextcloud, photoprism'      (without  quotes, comma seperated ?)

Similar with variable MARIADB_USER

But how to add another password ? Or will the second user share the same password...

Or is it even more simple:

just use the same user for Nextcloud AND photoprism and only add another database comma seperated as above mentioned ?

Sorry, I am confused

40 minutes ago, NEURO said:

but I do not know why the downloaded files do not save them with 777

Because it's an archive and this is not really a newly created file, it's a extracted files, so to speak if the person who archived the files with a weird permission on Linux they will be stored with these permission and if you extract them the exact same permissions are now on your system.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Debido a que es un archivo y este no es realmente un archivo recién creado, es un archivo extraído, por así decirlo, si la persona que archivó los archivos con un permiso extraño en Linux, se almacenará con estos permisos y si los extrae, los mismos permisos exactos están ahora en su sistema.

that you recommend me to do so as not to be giving permissions every q a file is downloaded since it is very annoying to enter unraid to give permissions

5 minutes ago, ullibelgie said:

Actually I didn't know, if it works in a docker having several databases with different users and passwords in the same mariadb container. And how to set it up ?????

Why not? I use my MariaDB Docker container for five different containers which all connect to it where each of these five containers have their own user and database inside the MariaDB Docker container.

It is just a container with a MariaDB inside of it and you should be able to do whatever you want to do with it (create, delete and edit databases/users).

I have linked a tutorial in my post from above with steps how to create a user, password, database and grant permissions to a specific database for a specific user.

8 minutes ago, ullibelgie said:

So, in the mariadb-official container template there is the variable MARIADB_DATABASE, which is the database name. At the moment there is only one database named nextcloud. Simply generate another database and change the MARIADB_DATABASE variable to:

'nextcloud, photoprism'      (without  quotes, comma seperated ?)

Sorry I don't use this container and it would be best to post in the support thread from this container on how to create users databases and if that works with the variables, I have to do it via the terminal in my container.

9 minutes ago, ullibelgie said:

Similar with variable MARIADB_USER

But how to add another password ? Or will the second user share the same password...

10 minutes ago, ullibelgie said:

Or is it even more simple:

just use the same user for Nextcloud AND photoprism and only add another database comma seperated as above mentioned ?

These are also questions for the support thread from your specific MariaDB container since I don't know how this container is working.

4 minutes ago, NEURO said:

that you recommend me to do so as not to be giving permissions every q a file is downloaded since it is very annoying to enter unraid to give permissions

I don't know jDownload2 very well anymore, isn't there some option that you can run a script or commands after the download is finished? I think this can help: Click

Again, that you have to set the permissions shouldn't be the case for all finished downloads correct?

"Something like this, assuming your user is photoprismuser, your password is photoprismpassword and the database is photoprismdb:

photoprismuser:photoprismpassword@tcp(192.168.1.40:3307)/photoprismdb?parseTime=true        "

Thank you for the example!

I learned, that after the IP:portnumber/   XXXX

XXXX is the database name - I thought it was the container name

In my case container name and database name is completely different... so the variable was wrongly set

Now it works.

But still it would be very interesting to learn how to run MariaDB Docker containers with multiple databases and users/passwords - see my last post.

Many thanks, very helpful !

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Simply create a user, database,... in the existing container. You always can delete the user there...

I do not recommend this for the official MariaDB container, because the user

- needs to know how to connect to a database

- needs to know which SQL statements are needed

- needs to know how to execute these statements

- needs to create backups with sqldump and not only the appdata backup plugin (how to restore the yesterday's backup of Nextcloud?)

- is not able to create multiple databases with the template as it allows only to create a single database:

image.thumb.png.7cb7e2cc182d2c102bb851022fde56c2.png

- is not able to update single applications without influencing other applications (we already had an incompatibility between Nextcloud and specific MariaDB version in the past).

- is not able to find out which application's database causes how many CPU, Storage and RAM usage.

And the Totschlagargument: Having multiple databases in a single container is against the principles of a microservice architecture 🫡

• Upvote 1

Thanks for additional thoughts,

For me as a beginner, it might also easier to keep different containers per database and user.

But this discussion was fruitful for me, as I learned something more about dockers and databases, while researching possible solutions, for what I want to do and achieve.

On 3/6/2023 at 11:08 AM, ich777 said:

I don't know jDownload2 very well anymore, isn't there some option that you can run a script or commands after the download is finished? I think this can help: Click

Again, that you have to set the permissions shouldn't be the case for all finished downloads correct?

i solved:
This was found to be due to the remnants of being in Active Directory, but instead of being a permissions issue, it was an extended ACL issue.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TheLaughingMan said:

I think something broke with your latest chrome update?

image.png.927af38fff5635552b34037751a0a7b8.png

Have you yet tried to clear the browser cache?

I‘ve updated the noVNC version and sometimes it displays an error like this after updating.

I will try that later on my machine.

EDIT: No issue over here:

grafik.thumb.png.ac43a0e27867093e89f0034232e41887.png

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to clear the browser cache?

I‘ve updated the noVNC version and sometimes it displays an error like this after updating.

I will try that later on my machine.

EDIT: No issue over here:

grafik.thumb.png.ac43a0e27867093e89f0034232e41887.png

That did it, I had cleared cookies and what not thinking it was that but forget to do the cache.

• Like 1
On 3/3/2023 at 9:14 AM, ich777 said:

This is the default behaviour because luckyBackup is designed to be a Desktop application and the schedules are only working when you use the console mode.

Is there any way to see logs when a scheduled backup is running similar to how it does in when you manually run a backup

For the debian-bullseye container I was wondering if you could elaborate on establishing persistence for tool downloads. In the container documentation it states "If you want to install some other application you can do that by creating a user.sh and mounting it to the container to /opt/scripts/user.sh (a standard bash script should do the trick)."

I've created a user.sh script, but I don't know what you mean by "mounting it to the container to /opt/scripts/user.sh" - could you explain what you mean and how to do it?

Edited by Ghostie
16 minutes ago, Ghostie said:

downloads

What are you downloading exactly?

16 minutes ago, Ghostie said:

I've created a user.sh script, but I don't know what you mean by "mounting it to the container to /opt/scripts/user.sh" - could you explain what you mean and how to do it?

You have to create a user.sh (or you can name it however you want) on the host and mount it then in the Docker template to the path: /opt/scripts/user.sh <- this script will then be executed every time the container is starting.

51 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What are you downloading exactly?

I'm trying to have speedtest cli on their by default which requires curling a script first and then installing via apt as well as installing dnsutils for nslookup/dig

51 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to create a user.sh (or you can name it however you want) on the host and mount it then in the Docker template to the path: /opt/scripts/user.sh <- this script will then be executed every time the container is starting.

So how do I go about doing this on unraid? Can you explain how to adjust the Docker template to the path in the Unraid UI? Do I go to "add path" -> tried doing that but I can't specify a file only a directory

I don't really follow the part about "mount it" or "then in the Docker template to the path" - can you explain it to me like I'm 5 y/o lol

Edited by Ghostie
5 hours ago, Jaybau said:

I'm trying to connect to Firefox container through Remmina using port from "noVNC WebGUI".

remmina doesnt support the webgui http ;)

as its more or less just a VNC Server running, just connect to 5900 with the VNC protocol and "bypass" the webui ...

you may have to add another port mapping (depending on your docker network setup) and then use the mapped port

something like this (docker in bridge mode), would mean connecting via VNC on port 192.168.1.2:5905 now

image.thumb.png.287f36a64b73c6ad8de64de11d164b1c.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ghostie said:

tried doing that but I can't specify a file only a directory

You have to manually type in the file name in the Docker template.

1. Create a file on Unraid wherever you want, in this case at "/mnt/user/appdata/scripts/debian.sh", with the necessary contents, something like that:
    apt-get update && \
    ap-get -y install 1STPACKAGE 2NDPACKAGE ...
  2. Go to the Docker template and click on: "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"
  3. Create a Path mapping like that (of course change the Host Path to where your script is located):
    grafik.png.d0e5d20a87db3e8626b6889e746ad87b.png
  4. Click Save and Apply

This script will now run each time you start the container

7 hours ago, Jaybau said:

Is there an option to connect to the container through a non-web VNC?

Exactly, just create another TCP port mapping in the Docker template with the container port 5900 and at host port you can choose any free port that you want.

1. Go to the Docker template and click on: "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"
  2. Create a new port entry like that (change the Host port to your liking):
    grafik.png.88311c8cd1f8bc2c80a9ef467471660f.png
  3. Click Save and Apply

Afterwards you can connect to the VNC server with the above specified host port.

• Thanks 1