[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

58 minutes ago, alturismo said:

you welcome, about all your other questions (and more may will follow) i would suggest now to switch the channel and read into luckyback (rsync) and about its capabilities, this here is not the luckybackup support channel ;)

here we are right if there are questions about the docker and its docker functions

rest you may should start here https://luckybackup.sourceforge.net/

as note, im also not using "cold" backups, only LAN and cloud so i also cant help there at all.

alturismo thank you for your help 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jmztaylor said:

So completely new to openvpn on unraid.  I have OpenVPN client container working without issue.  Is there a way I can set up a docker container to only use the vpn for egress, but still allow incoming on the public interface?

Yes, configure it like described in the description.

Set the container network that you want to route through the OpenVPN container to None, and add the parameter to the Extra Parameters with Advanced View enabled.

In the OpenVPN template add the port from the container that you route through and you can again connect to the container.

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, configure it like described in the description.

Set the container network that you want to route through the OpenVPN container to None, and add the parameter to the Extra Parameters with Advanced View enabled.

In the OpenVPN template add the port from the container that you route through and you can again connect to the container.

Yeah I had done that but still not able to connect.  8985 is the web ui port

jenkins.png

openvpn.png

10 minutes ago, jmztaylor said:

8985 is the web ui port

Because your mapping is wrong, you have to use the exact same mapping as in the container that you want to pass through, in your case Container port 8090 and Host port 8985.

You basically removing all network capabilities form the Jenkins container and using instead the OpenVPN network for the Jenkins container so to speak the Jenkins container uses still port 8080 inside the container, hope that makes sens...

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Because your mapping is wrong, you have to use the exact same mapping as in the container that you want to pass through, in your case Container port 8090 and Host port 8985.

You basically removing all network capabilities form the Jenkins container and using instead the OpenVPN network for the Jenkins container so to speak the Jenkins container uses still port 8080 inside the container, hope that makes sens...

Yeah.  Just figured that out a few mins ago.  I can't modify the host port on it if doing it this way.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, jmztaylor said:

Yeah.  Just figured that out a few mins ago.  I can't modify the host port on it if doing it this way.  Thanks!

What? You usually can't edit a Container port not Host port when you've added the port mapping already.

Delete the mapping that you've already done for the Jenkins container in the OpenVPN template and create a new mapping, with this you are able to specify a new Container port, the Host port can be left at 8985, the Container port in your case was wrong.

@SpiceyCadmium & @der8ertl: @tpill90 made me aware that you can circumvent this issue by logging in, deleting the config and then login again, so to speak the procedure would be:

1. Type in 'su $USER' (case sensitive!) and press ENTER
  2. Type in 'cd ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill' and press ENTER
  3. Type in './SteamPrefill select-apps' and press ENTER
  4. Enter your Steam credentials and follow the steps displayed
  5. Select the apps you want to prefill (you don't have to select any)
  6. Type in 'rm ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill/Config/account.config' and press ENTER
  7. Type in './SteamPrefill select-apps' again and press ENTER
  8. Enter your Steam credentials again and exit the application
  9. Done

Please keep in mind that this is just a temporary fix and should be fixed when Steam fixes the issue.

• Thanks 1
On 3/21/2023 at 12:17 AM, ich777 said:

@SpiceyCadmium & @der8ertl: @tpill90 made me aware that you can circumvent this issue by logging in, deleting the config and then login again, so to speak the procedure would be:

1. Type in 'su $USER' (case sensitive!) and press ENTER
  2. Type in 'cd ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill' and press ENTER
  3. Type in './SteamPrefill select-apps' and press ENTER
  4. Enter your Steam credentials and follow the steps displayed
  5. Select the apps you want to prefill (you don't have to select any)
  6. Type in 'rm ${DATA_DIR}/Config/account.config' and press ENTER
  7. Type in './SteamPrefill select-apps' again and press ENTER
  8. Enter your Steam credentials again and exit the application
  9. Done

Please keep in mind that this is just a temporary fix and should be fixed when Steam fixes the issue.

For step 6, do you mean 'Type in 'rm ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill/Config/account.config' and press ENTER'

This is what I had to add for it to work, but it did not seem to resolve my login issue unfortunately.

Edited by SpiceyCadmium
remove bracket
5 hours ago, SpiceyCadmium said:

For step 6, do you mean 'Type in 'rm ${DATA_DIR}/(SteamPrefill/Config/account.config' and press ENTER'

Yes sorry, already changed that.

5 hours ago, SpiceyCadmium said:

This is what I had to add for it to work, but it did not seem to resolve my login issue unfortunately.

Then you'll have to wait for the fix...

Also see this answer here on GitHub: Click

Do you also get permission denied like me?

<a name="error6"></a><font color=red>rsync: [sender] send_files failed to open "/mnt/user/remotes/192.168.12.151_rootshare/CBB_1436d417064e/CBB_VOLUMES/user/backups/appdata/[email protected]/CA_backup.tar.gz$/20230306031147/full.cbbitmap": Permission denied (13)
</font>

<a name="error9"></a><font color=red>rsync: [sender] send_files failed to open "/mnt/user/remotes/192.168.12.151_rootshare/CBB_1436d417064e/CBB_VOLUMES/user/backups/libvirt/libvirt.img$/20230115000001/full.cbbitmap": Permission denied (13)
</font>

I use LuckyBackup to make a backup from my CloudBerryBackup.

Hello, I am having a similar issue that guyola received assistance from ich777 and alturismo recently. I have a luckyBackup container on my Unraid install, configured to backup several directories to another Unraid server. The tasks run successfully manually but don't appear to run or run consistantly when using the scheduler/chron. From the info ich777 and alturismo provided, I now understand that the container gui will only update when restarted. But even after having a backup job scheduled and restarting the container after it should have completed, the backup does not seem to have run.

Attached are screenshot examples of where I had the schedule set to run every hour starting at midnight last night through 5:00 AM. But after restarting the container around 11:00 AM, the jobs do not seem to have run. Any help you can provide on what I am doing wrong is appreciated.

Clean-Shot-2023-03-23-at-11-26-27.png

Clean-Shot-2023-03-23-at-11-26-43.png

Clean-Shot-2023-03-23-at-11-27-14.png

6 hours ago, SamuraiSausage said:

Attached are screenshot examples of where I had the schedule set to run every hour starting at midnight last night through 5:00 AM. But after restarting the container around 11:00 AM, the jobs do not seem to have run. Any help you can provide on what I am doing wrong is appreciated.

Please try to check the log from the cron jobs itself, you see the path to the logs in the output from 'crontabl -l'.

Do something like 'cat root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log'

Btw: You can see the crontab also in the GUI on the Schedules page.

I'm really curious if it's related to the network shares but I don't think so...

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please try to check the log from the cron jobs itself, you see the path to the logs in the output from 'crontabl -l'.

Do something like 'cat root/.luckyBackup/logs/default-LastCronLog.log'

Btw: You can see the crontab also in the GUI on the Schedules page.

I'm really curious if it's related to the network shares but I don't think so...

Thank you for the reply. Here is that output:

image.thumb.png.3a7b0ab3ca06c06c17df3695a2dd4e70.png

6 hours ago, gaming09 said:

DIRSYNCPRO might have a memory leak, this actually ended up using ALL my ram and crashed my server the other day

DirSyncPro is notorious to consume lots of RAM if you are backing up large chunks of data with lots of small files since it stores the list what to copy in RAM, I've seen it consuming about 12GB on my server and then releasing it after the sync finished.

Are you sure that nothing else used the server or a VM started at the sync was running? Do you run ZFS on your server?

1 hour ago, shaunsund said:

I have suddenly started to get `Error for "xrdb -query" command: "/bin/bash: line 1: xrdb: command not found\n" It will happen everytime it syncs a file list from mega. I have redownloaded and configured the docker several times.

I have the same message but my container is running just fine, does your container not work?