[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

15 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

i was able to get into the root folder on the backup server, but i dont see the id_rsa.pub file, would it be somewhere other than root?

Please set it up like you've set it up before or like described in the guide/video depending on what you where using but this time place it in /luckybackup/.vnc and not /root/.vnc

It's in the .vnc directory, you really should consult the guide once more.

@ich777

I think i have hit some kind of storage limit in the LANCache container? Perhaps a setting I'm missing?

I'm cached about 1.08TB worth of data and since that point, the dir has not increased in storage capacity. Is there a setting that I need to apply to increase the LANCache size amount?

Thank you,

EDIT:

I think i figured it out. I had to modify the LANCache container itself to include an additional variable to increase the cache size

If anyone else comes across this (and my google - fu is terrible) with the LANCache container from lancachenet/monolithic you can modify the container to add a variable. Add in:

CACHE_DISK_SIZE=(Amount desired)  e.g. CACHE_DISK_SIZE=20000000m

Edited by ss1gohan13
4 hours ago, ss1gohan13 said:

I think i have hit some kind of storage limit in the LANCache container? Perhaps a setting I'm missing?

Please keep in mind I'm only maintaining the LANCache-Prefill container and not LANCache...

This is a different support thread I think.

4 hours ago, ss1gohan13 said:

lancachenet/monolithic

Exactly this is where you should look like, you'll find that on their homepage here.

Please also don't forget to CACHE_MEM_SIZE to their recommendation.

But as said above, I don't maintain this container, only the Prefill container. ;)

12 minutes ago, DuzAwe said:

Howdy, Is there a way to fire off a warning that a steam login has expired?

No, from what I know this shouldn't happen anyways but was recently the case because Steam changed something for the login process and there where a few issues reported.

But as said, this shouldn't happen anymore since this is now fixed.

13 minutes ago, DuzAwe said:

Also should there be Epic settings in the template? Mine only has Steam and Battle.net.

You have to pull a fresh template from the CA App or add the variables manually in your template.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, culilaren said:

@ich777 i am using thunderbird to manage my emails, but i can't input chinese, how to solve that? 

Can you give me a screenshot please?

I'm only aware of that that you can't copy paste through noVNC, this is the issue about the clipboard for Chrome (but applies to all my other containers too): Click

But input in with Chinese letters does work.

This is the first report that Chinese input is not working and I know a few people using it with Chinese input.

How do you connect to the container, through the built in WebUI or with a VNC client?

EDIT: Here is the issue after I added Chinese support to the Thunderbird container, which is resolved: Click

41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me a screenshot please?

I'm only aware of that that you can't copy paste through noVNC, this is the issue about the clipboard for Chrome (but applies to all my other containers too): Click

But input in with Chinese letters does work.

This is the first report that Chinese input is not working and I know a few people using it with Chinese input.

How do you connect to the container, through the built in WebUI or with a VNC client?

EDIT: Here is the issue after I added Chinese support to the Thunderbird container, which is resolved: Click

I use vnc client, by the way, i can't found this container built in webui. @ich777

image.thumb.png.3fecd8f2dd5cb338b3abff2d63493bbf.png

image.thumb.png.7461a7c655171caff8bc737cdfb96126.png

46 minutes ago, culilaren said:

I use vnc client, by the way, i can't found this container built in webui. @ich777

As said above, copy paste through the noVNC GUI doesn‘t work and there is nothing I can do about that currently.

Please see the first linked issue from my comment above.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:42 AM, DuzAwe said:

@ich777 Howdy, Is there a way to fire off a warning that a steam login has expired? Found today during some messing around that my cron job had been failing due to steam being logged out.

Also should there be Epic settings in the template? Mine only has Steam and Battle.net.

This shouldn't be an issue in the future, hopefully.  Steam appears to issue 6 month session tokens now, and I'm fairly certain they should be getting refreshed on each login now.  But I guess we'll find out in about 6 months if I didn't implement anything correctly 😆

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

As said above, copy paste through the noVNC GUI doesn‘t work and there is nothing I can do about that currently.

Please see the first linked issue from my comment above.

@ich777 Also even i use the system's native Chinese input, i can't input Chinese characters in the VNC client. is there any solution to make that works or we still need to wait for an update to the VNC version? Secondaly, as you mentioned above, it seems this container(thunderbird) also has a WebUI version, could you give more information for that? I would like to try it, thanks.

52 minutes ago, culilaren said:

Also even i use the system's native Chinese input, i can't input Chinese characters in the VNC client.

This is the first time I hear of this issue.

What browser are you using to access noVNC?

Have you yet tried another browser?

52 minutes ago, culilaren said:

Secondaly, as you mentioned above, it seems this container(thunderbird) also has a WebUI version, could you give more information for that?

I‘m not entirely sure what you are trying to say…

What do you mean with a WebUI version? It only has a noVNC WebUI so that you can interact with it.

EDIT: You can also create a post in the Chinese subforums here and ask if someone is using my containers and having a similar issue.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

This is the first time I hear of this issue.

What browser are you using to access noVNC?

Have you yet tried another browser?

I‘m not entirely sure what you are trying to say…

What do you mean with a WebUI version? It only has a noVNC WebUI so that you can interact with it.

EDIT: You can also create a post in the Chinese subforums here and ask if someone is using my containers and having a similar issue.

Usually i use Edge, other browser i may try later also.

16 minutes ago, culilaren said:

Usually i use Edge, other browser i may try later also.

Maybe also try to create a post in the Chinese sub forums here on the forum if anyone is using one of my container, as far as I know keyboard inputs are not affected and should work just fine.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Maybe also try to create a post in the Chinese sub forums here on the forum if anyone is using one of my container, as far as I know keyboard inputs are not affected and should work just fine.

Tried with Edge, Safari, still not work, when i type the Chinese characters, it didn't appear on the bar. 

30 minutes ago, culilaren said:

it didn't appear on the bar. 

Have you yet tried to create a post here in the Chinese sub forums and ask if semeone else is using a container and have this issue like you have?

Its at the bottom on the main forum here.

1 hour ago, bobohazel said:

Any help is much appreciated.

Should be pretty easy to solve…

Start the container without any proxy and on the default bridge network just as it is intended and maybe change the port in the template to avoid port conflicts.

Then connect to the WebUI from Sabnzbd, go to settings and search for the port, change that value from 8080 to the port that you want to use eg 8081, click save and the container should restart.

After that create a port entry with container port 8081 to host port eg 8081 in the OpenVPN container as described and route the Sabnzbd container again through the OpenVPN container.

With that you should be now able to connect with the OpenVPN IP:8081 to Sabnzbd.

I hope that helps and makes sense to you.

It should be also possible to change the port for qbitorrent like for Sabnzbd, but I only know my container and you only have to change the port in one container anyways.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, bobohazel said:

No luck. I followed the steps and the port on Sabnzbd did change but I still cannot connect to it through OpenVPN. See the screenshot below, the port remains :8080/TCP

Wait, there is something wrong, if you use SABnzbd on the bridge network, can you still connect through 8080 or do you have to use 8081?

9 hours ago, bobohazel said:

See the screenshot below, the port remains :8080/TCP

you really should try it, this only shows the exposed port from the dockerfile and has nothing todo if the app is listening now on which port ...

in terms you use the Link from the docker icon klick, thats still pointing to 8080, just try manually http://192.168.1.5:8081 in your browser (in case you didnt treid this yet)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Wait, there is something wrong, if you use SABnzbd on the bridge network, can you still connect through 8080 or do you have to use 8081?

I am not able to check now, no remote access from work to the server. But I did notice that when I change the port through the webui of SABnzbd the container does restart but it changes the port back to 8080 in the webui. I think that port is hard-baked in the template or something?

I will try do to this procedure on the other the qbit container, maybe I can change the port there. I understand what we are trying to do, I think :)