[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

33 minutes ago, Kraudi said:

You mean the run as root setting in the docker settings? Then no as I read somewhere you shouldnt do that. But I can try it for sure.

Where did you read that?

Running it as root isn't the same as running it as privileged.

34 minutes ago, Kraudi said:

Are there any security concerns running docker as root? Last time I used luckyBackup I think I didnt used that settings as well.

If you are just running it in your home network and no one else can access it, not really.

You can mount the source directory as read only then it can't change anything if you are concerned about luckyBackup deleting anything in the source.

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where did you read that?

Running it as root isn't the same as running it as privileged.

If you are just running it in your home network and no one else can access it, not really.

You can mount the source directory as read only then it can't change anything if you are concerned about luckyBackup deleting anything in the source.

I think it was on reddit and because I'm relatively new to linux/unraid I was very careful not to open and security holes. Good to know it's still safe to do though. Right now I only connect to my home network via Wireguard VPN (router has built in function) and I'm only planning to open vaultwarden in the future but with nginx proxy manager that should be "safe" as well.

I try running the docker as root later when I get back home. Thats for your input!

Edited by Kraudi

Hi, I am getting the below with the Edge docker:

---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Microsoft Edge not installed, please wait installing...---
---Something went wrong, can't download Microsoft Edge, putting container in sleep mode---

I've tried supplying a version to MS_EDGE_V as well as "latest" with no luck

5 hours ago, levijay said:

---Something went wrong, can't download Microsoft Edge, putting container in sleep mode---

No issue over here:
grafik.thumb.png.a29a4a31aea36d4d381b5bf87dd1bc37.png

Here is the log from a fresh installed container: edge.log

Do you have any AdBlocking software on your network or a UniFi Firewall that maybe blocks the download?

Please do the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the edge folder which lives in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App and leave everything as it is and try if it works <- this is what I've did
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, bawfuls said:

binhex-delugevpn

11 minutes ago, bawfuls said:

binhex-sonarr

Seems like you have posted to the wrong support thread. 

You can go directly to the correct support thread for these dockers by clicking on their icon in your webUI and selecting Support 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently updated my LuckyBackup docker container to 0.5 and now every time I'm running a backup profile that has multiple entries, it prompts for a password. I have it running as root, so I can manually enter the root password and it will continue the sync, but each entry in the profile will prompt for a password and that is sometimes hours into a sync, so if I'm not here to enter it, the job fails. Is there something simple I am missing or need to check in the config again that may have been reset? Thanks!

Edited by jholman76
3 hours ago, jholman76 said:

Is there something simple I am missing or need to check in the config again that may have been reset?

I thin you‘ve followed the video by spx correct? Of so you have to place the files in /luckybackup/… not in /root/… because if you put the files in /root/… everytime a container update is done the files will be wiped.

Please read this comment and the following ones:

22 minutes ago, riegel7 said:

@ich777 Hi, can I update Krusader to 2.8.0 myself without breaking anything? Thanks

Don't know how you are doing it.

Since I'm using Debian Bullseye in the container the latest available version is 2.7.2-2 (see here), of course you could do it manually but on a container update that will be wiped again.

May I ask why do you want to update it anyways? Is something not working for you?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Don't know how you are doing it.

switching to testing I guess? Not too familiar with the Debian world ;)

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

May I ask why do you want to update it anyways? Is something not working for you?

No just curiosity:)

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, riegel7 said:

switching to testing I guess? Not too familiar with the Debian world ;)

Yes you could but I don‘t see any benefit because this is a file manager and I don‘t think that it features any new major changes with a minor release.

Anyways Debian Bookworm should be released in July and I will update my containers after a waiting period after the release of about a month (the release of Bullseye was a bit rough in my opinion).

8 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Not seeing anything in docker logs.

On what Unraid version are you?

Did you change something in the template? Have you yet tried to stop the container and then open the Logs?

Please post a screenshot from your Docker template.

EDIT: I've now set up a new instance on my test server and it is working as intended, I've attached the log here: rustdeskserver-aio.log

EDIT2: I've got now confirmation that it works on other machines than on mine on Unraid 6.11.5 and also on 6.12.0-rc6

• Like 1
On 5/19/2023 at 11:46 PM, ich777 said:

I thin you‘ve followed the video by spx correct? Of so you have to place the files in /luckybackup/… not in /root/… because if you put the files in /root/… everytime a container update is done the files will be wiped.

Please read this comment and the following ones:

Thanks a lot for the link. you are correct. I was able to step through the ssh keys section of his tutorial and everything is working as it should now. I'll move those files for next time. Thanks!

• Like 1
On 5/23/2023 at 11:49 PM, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you?

Did you change something in the template? Have you yet tried to stop the container and then open the Logs?

Please post a screenshot from your Docker template.

EDIT: I've now set up a new instance on my test server and it is working as intended, I've attached the log here: rustdeskserver-aio.log

EDIT2: I've got now confirmation that it works on other machines than on mine on Unraid 6.11.5 and also on 6.12.0-rc6

I figured mine out - but never had to muck with such setting before. In pfSense I had to change Nat Reflection for that port forward group to "Pure NAT".

My default mode for the firewall has always been "NAT + Proxy":

1782474408_ScreenShot2023-05-26at6_43_40AM.thumb.png.bfdb381d7cc853e4184416cb67c902e2.png

On port forwards for RustDesk I had to change it to ""Pure NAT":

1295148221_ScreenShot2023-05-26at6_44_58AM.thumb.png.e1d39090d80555aa1f064db31736e49e.png

Not sure if this may help some other lost person later but ich777 THANK YOU for your confirmations that it was just something stupid I was up to!

Thanks!

Edited by blaine07
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, 7x00 said:

I'm having an issue with MEGAsync crashing when I log in. It seems to hit the fetching file list load before it crashes and restarts with me logged out.

This is really strange, I've now tried it with my account and I have no issue syncing the files.

May I ask what files it tries to sync, are there any special characters in there? Is the directory where you are trying to write to writable to nobody:user?

A alternative to my container is the rclone plugin which is available through the CA App.

39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really strange, I've now tried it with my account and I have no issue syncing the files.

May I ask what files it tries to sync, are there any special characters in there? Is the directory where you are trying to write to writable to nobody:user?

A alternative to my container is the rclone plugin which is available through the CA App.

I wasn't trying to sync anything in particular this is happening upon installation.

1 hour ago, 7x00 said:

I wasn't trying to sync anything in particular this is happening upon installation.

Are you really sure that the container has write access to the share that you are trying to write to?

As said I've tried it and over here it's not crashing, the only thing different is maybe that I'm on Unraid 6.12.0-RC6 but that shouldn't make a difference.

Hi,

I'm trying to setup luckybackup to backup my server.

Media files will backed up once and then backup will be updated 2 or 3 times a year so don't need a planification for these.

Some of my media directories are larger than the backup disks. for example i try to split the backup of tv folder in 2 tasks. Each task backup to a different disk. For that i use pattern to backup a set of directories which name start with. 

When i use a single letter it works but not if i use a range like [P-Z].

Can i use it or do i have to split a task into several set of directories each one with the name starting with a single letter?

28 minutes ago, caplam said:

When i use a single letter it works but not if i use a range like [P-Z].

Have you tried it like that:

[P-Zp-z]*

(please note that this pattern has to be appended to the end of the source like: /path/from/source/[P-Zp-z]* )

Since luckyBackup uses rsync as the backend this should work totally fine if I'm not mistaken.