[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Done.

Really Awsome! Working perfect!

One question...Is there a reason why the persistant storage (/ms-edge) by default maps to a disk rather than a share?

i.e Data Dir: /mnt/cache_1tb/appdata/micrososft-edge/

whereas the share instead would be /mnt/user/appdata/microsoft-edge

I changed to the share, and everything seems to work.

Once again...thank you for your effort!

8 minutes ago, BarbaGrump said:

One question...Is there a reason why the persistant storage (/ms-edge) by default maps to a disk rather than a share?

I do that in all my templates (or better speaking in almost all) by default, you can set it to /mnt/user/... if you want to but I don't recommend that because you can run into issues (mostly on my game server containers where they would simply segfault or simply not work <- this is caused because of the FUSE file path) and you save some overhead because you are not running it through FUSE but that is really negligible in the case for Edge.

If you have your appdata set to use cache "Only" or "Prefer" nothing should go wrong (which it should be in my opinion) but if you've set it to "Yes" you should change the path to /mnt/user/...

Hope that explains it a bit.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I do that in all my templates (or better speaking in almost all) by default, you can set it to /mnt/user/... if you want too but I don't recommend that because you can run into issues (mostly on my game server containers where they would simply segfault or simply not work <- this is caused because of the FUSE file path) and you save some overhead because you are not running it through FUSE but that is really negligible in the case for Edge.

If you have your appdata set to use cache "Only" or "Prefer" nothing should go wrong (which it should be in my opinion) but if you've set it to "Yes" you should change the path to /mnt/user/...

Hope that explains it a bit.

Thanx! I run all my apps on a share with the "only" option set for the cache 🙂

1 minute ago, BarbaGrump said:

Thanx! I run all my apps on a share with the "only" option set for the cache 🙂

Then maybe think about changing the paths to the real file path since this will write directly to the disks and save some overhead and CPU cycles. ;)

It's just a recommendation from my side, you should be also fine if you are using the FUSE file path.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then maybe think about changing the paths to the real file path since this will write directly to the disks and save some overhead and CPU cycles. ;)

It's just a recommendation from my side, you should be also fine if you are using the FUSE file path.

I will look into it...can never save to much cpu cycles -> lower power consumption 🙂

On 4/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, ich777 said:

This is really strange since it is working for me and for @sonic6.

Are you sure that you Docker image isn't corrupt or anything else? Do you have anything custom installed on your server through NerdTools?

I've wiped my app data several times, removed the images and re-downloaed several times, and even rebooted!. Still does it. You ask about Nerd Tools... I'm not sure how that would affect a container, but I do have libffi, libsodium, python3, vim, unrar, iftop, iotop and tmux innstalled.

I'm having trouble logging in to a Docker container running on my Unraid server. The container is for a photo management application called PhotoPrism, and I've confirmed that it's running and connected to the database I set up. However, I can't seem to access the web interface no matter what method I try. The error message I receive is "Incorrect username or password". I've tried resetting the container and checking the logs, but I can't find anything that would explain the issue. I also checked the container's configuration file and found that the login information is stored in the file, but it's encrypted. How can I troubleshoot and resolve this login issue?

37 minutes ago, nxtiak said:

Everything working fine until today.

Getting this error when trying to access Krusader. Any ideas?

I've updated all my noVNC containers to a newer noVNC version today.

Please delete your browser cache or force reload the page, I personally recommend clearing the browser cache.

• Thanks 2

Hey ich777,

After updating, my Krusader reset and said it is running for the first time.  I noticed that the appdata krusader folder is empty and even with a FRESH install of the docker, the appdata folder remains empty.  No config files or anything within it.  I am assuming due to this it lost its config it was reading from.  Is your appdata Krusader folder populated with files?

2 hours ago, techbyte8bit said:

Is your appdata Krusader folder populated with files?

Yes:

/mnt/cache/appdata/krusader# ls -la
total 4
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  66 Apr 13 07:47 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  76 Apr 13 07:47 ../
-rw------- 1 nobody users 108 Apr 13 07:47 .Xauthority
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  88 Apr 13 07:47 .cache/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Apr 13 07:47 .config/
drwx------ 1 nobody users  22 Apr 13 07:47 .dbus/
drwx------ 1 nobody users  76 Apr 13 07:47 .vnc/

Here is also the log from the first start up:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Configuring Locales to: en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8---
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
  en_US.UTF-8... done
  en_US.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Setting noVNC resizing to: remote
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Resolution check---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :8080
  - Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
  - Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting Krusader---

(please note that the outputs from above are from a fresh installed container, my old container is working also fine)

Where does it say that it runs for the first time?

My Krusader container is one of the few which actually has the application built into the container.

Are you sure that the share where the krusader folder is located is set to use cache only if the path is /mnt/cache/...?

12 minutes ago, Dextoo said:

I have a problem with the jdownloader2 Docker. It only shows this screen.

Do you route the traffic through a VPN or similar?

The issue indicates that the container can't connect to the update server and it isn't able to pull the necessary files.

No issues on a new installation over here:

grafik.png.f0f126f2a941be61b8dea110135f27c3.png

Hello everyone, I was curious to know if there is a multi-user feature available on PhotoPrism. I am interested in adding a few users such as my wife and mother, who would be able to access their own photo library while using the application. Is it possible for them to only view their own photo database and not have access to the entire collection? Thank you for your help