Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

I see the problem.  UD thinks you have 12 disks assigned to the array because you have set the number of slots to 12.  Don't leave any array slots as 'unassigned'.  Set the number of array slots to the number of disks actually in the array.

5acaa7a3ac964_Arrayslots.png.c1deac8d73f55543dfc8c04e5e008719.png

UD thinks all your disks are in the array and won't show them as unassigned devices.

Unzip and copy the attached file to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/.  Then go to the main page so the UD script will run.  Refresh the page to be sure.  Then post the diagnostics.  Once that is done, you will probably want to uninstall UD and re-install to restore the original lib.php file so the log doesn't get out of hand.

lib.zip

1 hour ago, alexdodd said:

I can't find the folder /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/ do I create it ?

/usr/local/ doesnt have an emhttp, and I can't seem to find that anywhere?

Unless you are at the command line you won't be able to see /usr/local.

5 hours ago, alexdodd said:

Took a little while trying to work out what i'm doing ? and i've been busy.

I believe i've done what you need, and this is the new disagnostics file, hope this is correct. I wont reinstall Unassigned Devices before I know you've got what you need.

alexserver-diagnostics-20180409-1750.zip

I got what I needed.  It looks like you assigned your array disks as the first four disks, then seven unassigned, and then parity to the last slot.  Let me know if this is what you did.

Never mind.  You can't do that.

Edited by dlandon
37 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I got what I needed.  It looks like you assigned your array disks as the first four disks, then seven unassigned, and then parity to the last slot.  Let me know if this is what you did.

No probs :)

I can't actually check that until i'm back within my network, because I can't stop the array without losing my VPN access. 

But suffice to say there has been a previous "test" phase in this unraid setups life, where I had many drives connected testing how I would set things up and fit in cases etc... before I went wild with the 2tb SAS drives.  

Part of the switch over/upgrade ready for its final setup I was switching out many smaller drives with one 1tb drive, and switched the original parity drive over with a "final" 2tb SATA drive.  So no doubt i've done something none-standard along the way. :)

//Eurgh: One of my drives in the array has just went missing now too, like its suddenly died.  I need to really check things in person when i get back home. =/

Edited by alexdodd
51 minutes ago, alexdodd said:

No probs :)

I can't actually check that until i'm back within my network, because I can't stop the array without losing my VPN access. 

But suffice to say there has been a previous "test" phase in this unraid setups life, where I had many drives connected testing how I would set things up and fit in cases etc... before I went wild with the 2tb SAS drives.  

Part of the switch over/upgrade ready for its final setup I was switching out many smaller drives with one 1tb drive, and switched the original parity drive over with a "final" 2tb SATA drive.  So no doubt i've done something none-standard along the way. :)

//Eurgh: One of my drives in the array has just went missing now too, like its suddenly died.  I need to really check things in person when i get back home. =/

Please give this new lib.php a try and post diagnostics.

lib.zip

Edited by dlandon
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, jbartlett said:

They're already "live" with VM's and Plex cache so I can't.

However, my syslog is full of the following:

Apr 14 03:40:16 NAS root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

nas-diagnostics-20180414-0338.zip

There is really no difference in the linked format procedure and what UD does to format an XFS file system.

The wrong csrf_token is because you have left open a web session on the server.  Close all web sessions with unRAID.