Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

8 hours ago, cherritaker said:

I'm fairly new to this plugin and i had a question about the format feature. I had a drive that had already been precleared but i hit the format button and made it into xfs, would i be able to add it to the array like that or has it lost its preclear status? Would i have to preclear it again since i formatted it outside the array with the plugin and not with the disk being added then choosing to format it?

You must let unRAID format a disk after it has been added to the array. It isn't clear since you formatted it, so unRAID will clear it after you add it and then it will format it.

40 minutes ago, interwebtech said:

I noticed yesterday I have two array members (8TB & a 4TB) listed in UD. Not sure how long they have been in there as I seldom wander in there. Pretty sure they shouldn't be there just by virtue of them being members in the array? 

Can you show a screen shot of UD with the array drives that are not supposed to be there?

10 hours ago, trurl said:

You must let unRAID format a disk after it has been added to the array. It isn't clear since you formatted it, so unRAID will clear it after you add it and then it will format it.

So i should just preclear it again now before adding it that  way if i do add it unraid will not go offline correct?

1 minute ago, cherritaker said:

So i should just preclear it again now before adding it that  way if i do add it unraid will not go offline correct?

Recent versions of unraid no longer keep the array offline during clearing. You won't be able to format it until it's done, but you can use the rest of the array.

7 hours ago, interwebtech said:

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.02fd61fb3cf0ccb0d95a6a66a2af3a3a.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

This is happening because of some changes made to the preclear plugin that were also integrated into the UD plugin.  There is a background daemon running that collects disk information periodically to try to cut down on the disk queries.  This daemon is apparently getting some wrong information about unassigned and array disks.  I'll take it up with gfjardim and see if we can't come up with a fix.

New release of UD plugin with the following changes:

• Disable the preclear diskinfo daemon that was causing array disks to show as unassigned devices.
  • Revert changes that prevented the first partition of a multiple partitioned disk from being changed.
  • Add root path to cookie used for simple/complete status to keep status correct.

Let me know if this fixes the issues recently reported here.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, nicr4wks said:

Is there anyway to mount an administrative windows share? Can the $ be escaped somehow, tried \$ without success.

Jul 02 17:22:35 Share '//SAVAGE/F$' contains a '$' character.  It cannot be mounted.

Change the share name by clicking on the mount point to change it to a name without the '$'.

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

• Disable the preclear diskinfo daemon that was causing array disks to show as unassigned devices.
  • Revert changes that prevented the first partition of a multiple partitioned disk from being changed.
  • Add root path to cookie used for simple/complete status to keep status correct.

verified fixed here. Thanks.

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

Cookie fix is verified.

Thank you all for reporting in.  gfjardim and I are now working on getting his latest (2017.06.28a) changes working.  It seems there is a subtle bug that is causing the share name modification issue in a drive with more than one partition.

The other issues with wrong disks showing in UD comes from a diskinfo daemon he is using in preclear to keep disk status without working the disk too hard by constantly monitoring status.  When preclear is installed, UD takes advantage of the diskinfo daemon to supply disk status.  These issues should be pretty easy to sort out.  For the time being I have disabled the diskinfo usage in UD until preclear gets updated.

The changes gfjardim is implementing is to allow preclear and UD to play nice together.  It seems that UD is doing too much disk work and this can cause preclear issues - slow downs, hangs, non-responsive, etc.

Just try update UD with Preclear install, in general no issue found, but my NVMe show again in UD.

And then try uninstall Preclear, rc.diskinfo also gone, but UD still show my NVMe.

BTW, its minor and once refresh UD won't show it. Thanks your work !!

123.png

Edited by Benson
15 minutes ago, Benson said:

Just try update UD with Preclear install, in general no issue found, but my NVMe show again in UD.

And then try uninstall Preclear, rc.diskinfo also gone, but UD still show my NVMe.

BTW, its minor and once refresh UD won't show it. Thanks your work !!

123.png

This is related to the preclear diskinfo daemon and will be cleared up soon.

Total newbie here to unRaid so please bare with me. Trying to connect my Nas unit via SMB and installed this plugin. Was able to connect to it and setup a mount point. Clicked mount and started and stopped the docker in settings but can not still access it anywhere. Am I missing something? 

Edited by yanksno1
6 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

Total newbie here to unRaid so please bare with me. Trying to connect my Nas unit via SMB and installed this plugin. Was able to connect to it and setup a mount point. Clicked mount and started and stopped the docker in settings but can not still access it anywhere. Am I missing something? 

Did you add another path mapping to the docker container?  (ie: /MyNAS mapped to /mnt/disks/whatever)  With an access mode of Read/Write:Slave?

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Squid said:

Did you add another path mapping to the docker container?  (ie: /MyNAS mapped to /mnt/disks/whatever)  With an access mode of Read/Write:Slave?

So I'm trying to add it to my Plex app and just not seeing it there to add it. So something's missing somewhere. Here's a pic of it in the plugin. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 12.31.29 PM.png

Edited by yanksno1
20 minutes ago, dlandon said:

You have to mount it before it can be seen.

Yup, I've clicked the Mount button and gone to start/stop the docker in settings also. Keeps showing the Mount button like that. Doesn't seem to help. Think I'm missing something else? 

• trurl pinned this topic