[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

Cosmetic feedback. It would be helpful if the install script ended with "... done"

plugin: installing: mft-tools.plg
Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks
plugin: downloading: mft-tools.plg ... done

plugin: downloading: mft-tools-2024.07.11.txz ... done

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/mft-tools/mft-tools-2024.07.11.txz

Verifying package mft-tools-2024.07.11.txz.
Installing package mft-tools-2024.07.11.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
plugin: downloading: mft-4.29.0-1.txz ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/mft-tools/mft-4.29.0-1.txz

Verifying package mft-4.29.0-1.txz.
Installing package mft-4.29.0-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package mft-4.29.0-1.txz installed.
plugin: skipping: mft-4.29.0-2.txz - Unraid version too low, requires at least version 6.13.0
plugin: mft-tools.plg installed
Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks
Updating support link

Jellyfin hardware acceleration

Hello @ich777, I wondering if you can help me.  I'm not sure why intel_gpu_top is not working. I followed this thread below and added the parameters like the thread said.

robine in the thread above has a similar processor as mine. I have the "T" version i5-13500T, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

SimonF was helping me with the issue in the thread below and this is where we left off. SimonF is intimating in the thread below maybe a newer kernel will fix the problem, but I'm not sure. I thought 13th gen processors were supported from kernel 6.0 and onward. My diagnostics are attached in the thread below.

Thank you!

On 8/14/2024 at 4:33 PM, SimonF said:

Looks like the driver is crashing not sure why. Maybe look to use 6.12.11 as has a newer kernel or 6.12.12 which should be due soon.

Ben4 said:

I upgrade to 6.12.11, still the same message when running:

root@CASTLE:~# intel_gpu_top
No device filter specified and no discrete/integrated i915 devices found

I'll wait for 6.12.12, hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Are other having the same issues with 13th gen intel processors? Or is it because I have the "T" version of i5-13500?

Thank you for you help!

Edited by Ben4
24 minutes ago, Ben4 said:

Jellyfin hardware acceleration

I don't have a Jellyfin container anymore because the official Jellyfin container does now support AMD, Intel & Nvidia.

25 minutes ago, Ben4 said:

robine in the thread above has a similar processor as mine. I have the "T" version i5-13500T, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

You should really add the path like that:

grafik.png.82f1ce798159d96a542668485fea93b6.png

27 minutes ago, Ben4 said:

I thought 13th gen processors were supported from kernel 6.0 and onward. My diagnostics are attached in the thread below.

You should first disable the ASPEED integrated GPU because it is known to cause issues with iGPUs.

Make also sure you upgrade to 6.12.11, you can of course try the beta 7.0.0-beta.2 (it is not really a beta, for me this is a preview stable release).

If that all doesn't help try to connect a display to your iGPU and see if you still get i915 crashes (if that helps you can always buy a HDMI dummy adapter with a valid EDID 1080p so that you don't have to connect a display constantly).

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't have a Jellyfin container anymore because the official Jellyfin container does now support AMD, Intel & Nvidia.

You should really add the path like that:

grafik.png.82f1ce798159d96a542668485fea93b6.png

You should first disable the ASPEED integrated GPU because it is known to cause issues with iGPUs.

Make also sure you upgrade to 6.12.11, you can of course try the beta 7.0.0-beta.2 (it is not really a beta, for me this is a preview stable release).

If that all doesn't help try to connect a display to your iGPU and see if you still get i915 crashes (if that helps you can always buy a HDMI dummy adapter with a valid EDID 1080p so that you don't have to connect a display constantly).

I'm not sure what you mean by:

"I don't have a Jellyfin container anymore because the official Jellyfin container does now support AMD, Intel & Nvidia."

I'm running the official Jellyfin container as read that it works better for hardware acceleration.

Does the path above replace what I did in extra parameters? I added something similar there, see attached photo. Let me know if I need to remove the extra parameter.

I bought a dummy hdmi adapter to see if that helps. I don't what to disable the ASPEED , I believe I need it for the KVM, correct me if I'm wrong.

My motherboard has a new BIOS update 3802 that's supposed to improve intel 13th and 14th gen stability, so I'm going to try that later today and see if that helps.

Lastly if nothing works, then I may need to just wait till unraid 7 comes out.

Jellyfin_extraparameters_UpdateContainer.png

Edited by Ben4
33 minutes ago, Ben4 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by:

"I don't have a Jellyfin container anymore because the official Jellyfin container does now support AMD, Intel & Nvidia."

I'm running the official Jellyfin container

I believe what he meant was...

If you are not running ich777's template, then this is not the proper thread to ask for support.

If you click on the container in the Unraid GUI, there will be a popup with a "Support" link.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ben4 said:

Does the path above replace what I did in extra parameters?

Yes.

3 hours ago, Ben4 said:

I bought a dummy hdmi adapter to see if that helps. I don't what to disable the ASPEED , I believe I need it for the KVM, correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, it is known that the ASPEED adapter in combination with the iGPU causes issues and yes you will loose access to the KVM but haven't you yet considered to disable it for testing purposes?

I don't think that the HDMI Dummy Adapter will solve your issue.

3 hours ago, Ben4 said:

My motherboard has a new BIOS update 3802 that's supposed to improve intel 13th and 14th gen stability, so I'm going to try that later today and see if that helps.

Most certainly not.

Your CPU and iGPU should work fine but I assume that the ASPEED adapter causes the issue.

For further help please go to the support thread/GitHub from the your Jellyfin container.

On 8/19/2024 at 9:47 AM, JonathanM said:

I believe what he meant was...

If you are not running ich777's template, then this is not the proper thread to ask for support.

If you click on the container in the Unraid GUI, there will be a popup with a "Support" link.

Oh I wasn't trying to get help with setting up transcoding for Jellyfin. I was trying to figure out how to properly get the intel_gpu_top plugin setup so I could see if my igpu was being used at all. When I clicked on the "support" link for the plugin, it took me this thread.

On 8/19/2024 at 12:23 PM, ich777 said:

Yes.

Again, it is known that the ASPEED adapter in combination with the iGPU causes issues and yes you will loose access to the KVM but haven't you yet considered to disable it for testing purposes?

I don't think that the HDMI Dummy Adapter will solve your issue.

Most certainly not.

Your CPU and iGPU should work fine but I assume that the ASPEED adapter causes the issue.

For further help please go to the support thread/GitHub from the your Jellyfin container.

Yes, I did see other's having that issue with the ASPEED adapter. I was hoping there was a work around to this problem.

I only mentioned the HDMI Dummy adapter because you mentioned it, but I see I misunderstood your context for getting the adapter, my apologizes.

I regards to Jellyfin, as I mentioned to @JonathanM above, I wasn't seeking Jellyfin container help, but intel_gpu_top help. I clicked on the support link for the plugin and it took me here. Just wanted to make sure I was setting it up properly.

Thanks for your help.

3 minutes ago, Ben4 said:

Yes, I did see other's having that issue with the ASPEED adapter. I was hoping there was a work around to this problem.

Have you yet tried to disable the ASPEED adapter and see if your Intel iGPU is working properly?
I assume it would be also enough to blacklist the driver so that you don't loose the KVM functionality but I'm not sure about that.

I'm really curious if it is working if you disable the adapter entirely vs. blacklisting the driver for your ASPEED iGPU.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to disable the ASPEED adapter and see if your Intel iGPU is working properly?
I assume it would be also enough to blacklist the driver so that you don't loose the KVM functionality but I'm not sure about that.

I'm really curious if it is working if you disable the adapter entirely vs. blacklisting the driver for your ASPEED iGPU.

I haven't had some free time yet to try and see if that works. I will let you know when I do.

• Like 1
On 8/21/2024 at 9:52 AM, ich777 said:

So I believe your hunch of disabling the ASPEED igpu is correct to get the primary igpu working. I didn't disable the ASPEED, but let me explain why I think you're correct.

So whenever I set the primary display to either auto or cpu and i don't have a monitor plugged in, I would get a black screen on the KVM, and my system didn't boot to unraid. When I set my primary display to cpu and enabled igpu multi-monitor, I can use the KVM and unraid boots, but intel_gpu_top doesn't work, meaning the primary display is not working.

I used the dummy hdmi adapter and I set my primary display to cpu and disabled igpu multi-montor and the KVM works up until the unraid boot screen comes up and then it freezes as the countdown hits 1. The first time this happened, I thought unraid didn't boot properly, so I power cycled my PC, but after I power cycled my PC, i noticed that the unraid login page was up. So I waited for the reboot to finish and it did the same thing as I watched the boot from the KVM, then KVM freezes at the unraid boot screen. This time I switched over to the unraid login page and I see that it was up and I was able to login. 

When I ran intel_gpu_top in the terminal it worked. See screenshots.

So here's why you're right about the ASPEED. It seems that with the dummy hdmi adapter I can use the KVM (ASPEED) up until unraid boots and once it does, the igpu(primary display) takes over, which disable the KVM (ASPEED), hence the KVM freezes.

At least with it set up this way I have a partial KVM instead of no KVM at all, so I will leave it like this for know. I'm going to bring this up with ASUS support to see if they can resolve this problem in a future update. The ASPEED igpu and primary igpu should be able to work at the same time, it why people purchase a motherboard with a KVM.

Thank you for all your help.

intel_gpu_top.png

unraid_boot.png

• Like 1

Hello,

I've recently installed Unraid for the first time and I'm having issues with the sensors and making Dynamix Auto Fan Control work reliably.

Out of the box I just get temperature report for the motherboard and the CPU.

I ran sensors-detect, and it identified:
Found `ITE IT8625E Super IO Sensors'                        Success!
    (address 0xa20, driver `to-be-written')

I've installed the ITE IT87 Driver and all looked great. The sensors showed up, I could define the fan speed according to the temperature, etc. The idea was to have the Motherboard control the CPU fan while Auto Fan Control would control the case fans near the hard drivers. And this was working.

However, with no reason that I could find, sometimes the sensors would become totally wrong (the Motherboard would show temperature of -30C and I've had a shutdown due to "Unraid kernel: thermal thermal_zone0: acpitz: critical temperature reached, shutting down", even though I'm sure that the temperature was not reached and this sensor is not related to the ITE8625E Sensor), the fan speeds would show wrong values (like 70000rpm) for one of the fans, and most critical, sometimes the CPU fan (not controlled by Auto Fan Control) would stop spinning and show as 0 rpm while the CPU reached 100C. A reboot would not fix this and the only way would be to enter Bios, change the Fan setting to Manual, then back to auto and save the changes.

I've uninstalled the drivers a few hours ago and so far none of these issues are happening (even though I currently don't have monitoring on the fan speeds or fan control), but at least the motherboard temperature is always showing correctly.

Is this a known issue and is there any workaround for this? I currently cannot provide any logs since I removed the drivers, but if anyone is available to take a look into this I can redo the configuration and provide logs.

Motherboard: Biostar B760M-SILVER

CPU: i5-12600K

Thank you

5 hours ago, jrfbal said:

I currently cannot provide any logs since I removed the drivers,

i would say then its pretty hatd to tell ... no logs, no may errors, ...

may as start, install the driver again, reboot, check if the provided values stay as expected (without autofan).

just to see if

1/ the returned values may are the issue (with installed drivers)

2/ or autofan may does something wrong (would be then the 2nd test)

so either way, after drivers are installed and you see some weird behaviour in rpm / temp values, pull a diagnostics at least to provide some infos, if drivers work and only autofan cauing these issues, same then, but in the proper thread for autofan.

• Like 1

Hello,

I've uninstalled autofan, rebooted, installed the ITE drivers and rebooted, and after some minutes I'm already getting wrong reads on the motherboard sensor (-30C), even though the value seemed correct when the system started (like 40C). Yesterday without the ITE drivers installed it seemed that the value was always something believable.

I'm attaching the diagnostic files.

Thank you for your help.

unraid-diagnostics-20240826-0950.zip

1 hour ago, jrfbal said:

I've uninstalled autofan, rebooted, installed the ITE drivers and rebooted, and after some minutes I'm already getting wrong reads on the motherboard sensor (-30C), even though the value seemed correct when the system started (like 40C). Yesterday without the ITE drivers installed it seemed that the value was always something believable.

If possible please create an Issue on @Frank Crawford's GitHub over here where the driver is based n.

However I would first recommend that you go into your BIOS and check if you get a readout there from this one specific sensor too, if yes please let the server run for a bit in the BIOS and check if the temperatures do the same as you've experience on Unraid. This is just to make sure that this is not a hardware defect.

From what I've read it happens quiet often and doesn't take too long.

But it may be related to this report.

Thanks for your input.

I have left the computer in the Bios screen for half an hour and never seen any suspicious values, neither in Unraid without the drivers installed.

I've opened an issue on github and I've seen some other issues with the same sensor (it8625e).

• Like 1

Thanks for the UGREEN LED Driver plugin, works perfect on my DXP4800 plus.

I changed the LEDs color In the settings.cfg and  saw that this line appears twice: COLOR_DISK_HEALTH="255 255 255" Is it intended or just a mistake?

Is it possible to add the option to change also  the power button's LED color and brightness?

Edited by Cholfo
41 minutes ago, Cholfo said:

I changed the LEDs color In the settings.cfg and  saw that this line appears twice: COLOR_DISK_HEALTH="255 255 255" Is it intended or just a mistake?

I just fixed that for new installations, thanks for the report.

41 minutes ago, Cholfo said:

Is it possible to add the option to change also  the power button's LED color and brightness?

Nope, that's not possible currently.

However you can put something like this in the go script:

echo 128 > /sys/class/leds/power/brightness
echo "0 255 0" > /sys/class/leds/power/color 

This will set the brightness to 50% and the color to green.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

I just fixed that for new installations, thanks for the report.

Nope, that's not possible currently.

However you can put something like this in the go script:

echo 128 > /sys/class/leds/power/brightness
echo "0 255 0" > /sys/class/leds/power/color 

This will set the brightness to 50% and the color to green.

Thanks, I'll try this way

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...