Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)


1014 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donate:      Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)   Current Release: Version 1.6 (Added UNRAID API)       UUD NEWS: 2021-05-26: The UUD Forum Topic Reac

Something really cool happened. I woke up this morning and my profile had this green wording on it.       I just officially became the newest UNRAID "Community Developer". I

DEVELOPER UPDATE:   😂 But for real guys, I'm going to be stepping away from the UUD for the foreseeable future. I have a lot going on in my personal life (divorce among other stuff) and I ju

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FreeMan said:

I just don't think it likes me... :(

 

I removed the Group By, then clicked to add it back in, now I get `time ($interval)` but it shows No Data:

image.png.2eabecd043b06e54851080ffd7cfbc61.png

 

For now, at least, I'll live with some curvy transitions and some sharp transitions...

 

I forgot to mention that once you remove the group by statement, you need to re-add the select statements. Like "LAST" and "MATH". If you touch the group by, it drops any customs on select. Have a look at your other panels and put that back in, and it should work again.

Link to post
4 hours ago, MrLondon said:

Just a quick question, do you use the cache drive as a cache drive, as I had to change my path to /mnt/user as I was not using the cache for cache itself.

 

Yes. UUD assumes you have a cache drive. You did the right thing by removing the 0 in the path for your use case.

 

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, RockDawg said:

I'm playing around with setting up a 2nd unraid server. What do I have to do to allow it to be selectable/viewable from the dash I have on my main server? 

 

You will send data from server 2 into the main InfluxDB. As long as you setup your telegraf config correctly for server 2, it will show up in the HOST variable drop down. Once setup, simply select which host you want by selecting this variable and the entire dashboard will dynamically change accordingly.

 

I just got my backup server stood up, so I will be actually testing this myself soon. I know a few people on this forum have it working, and the UUD is designed to handle this automatically once the foundation is there.

Link to post
On 11/30/2020 at 9:36 PM, falconexe said:

 

You will send data from server 2 into the main InfluxDB. As long as you setup your telegraf config correctly for server 2, it will show up in the HOST variable drop down. Once setup, simply select which host you want by selecting this variable and the entire dashboard will dynamically change accordingly.

 

I just got my backup server stood up, so I will be actually testing this myself soon. I know a few people on this forum have it working, and the UUD is designed to handle this automatically once the foundation is there.

If you don't mind, please share what you find.  I've searched google and I'm really not finding how to do this.  Everything I find about Grafana with multiple hosts seem to be with people using Prometheus.  I haven't looked into what that is or how to utilize it.  I would rather not add something else to the mix if I don't have to.

Edited by RockDawg
Link to post

I am really struggling with the cache writes panel.  It is just not showing accurate data.  For example, the hourly data just shows a constantly increasing number that is way too high.  The last 4 hours it is showing 302GB, 304GB, 306Gb and 307GB respectively.  I grabbed these numbers from going to Inspect>Data so I assume this is what Telegraf is logging and not just a formatting isse with the way the panel is set up in Grafana.  But I have tried various setting and nothing comes close to showing the data I expect.

 

Yet my manual hourly script in unraid is reporting 1.76GB, 2.39GB, 1.74GB and 1.91GB for the last 4 hours.  Much more realistic numbers and they vary and are not seemingly cumulative like what's being reported in Grafana.

 

Anybody have any ideas ho to get this to report correctly?

Link to post
4 hours ago, RockDawg said:

I am really struggling with the cache writes panel.  It is just not showing accurate data.  For example, the hourly data just shows a constantly increasing number that is way too high.  The last 4 hours it is showing 302GB, 304GB, 306Gb and 307GB respectively.  I grabbed these numbers from going to Inspect>Data so I assume this is what Telegraf is logging and not just a formatting isse with the way the panel is set up in Grafana.  But I have tried various setting and nothing comes close to showing the data I expect.

 

Yet my manual hourly script in unraid is reporting 1.76GB, 2.39GB, 1.74GB and 1.91GB for the last 4 hours.  Much more realistic numbers and they vary and are not seemingly cumulative like what's being reported in Grafana.

 

Anybody have any ideas ho to get this to report correctly?

Check your units. They are usually in bytes. You should change it to GB or whatever you like. You may need to put a math function on and divide accordingly. Check my other panels and look for math if you need an example.

 

Since I did not develop this particular panel (one of our fellow users did), and the fact that it is not currently included in the UUD, I will have to look into this when I have time. I will include this in version 1.6 if I can get it to work right and will credit the user who shared it.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wish to say Thanks very much for releasing / building? this project!

For someone who finds some of the Variables and the learning curve on a DIY Method for what the UUD already does would be a nightmare to try and learn from scratch!.


I have 3 small queries:

1) When i remove the Cache Drive (i dont have one) it keeps adding a random drive on refresh (everything else is perfect)

2) I dont have Drive Stats at all (Temps, S.M.A.R.T ect) Array Information, Parity ect ect. 
3) My Bottom UPS Currency shows as "$" but i chose currency "£". 



Thanks kindly again!

Link to post
On 12/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, Stan464 said:

Just wish to say Thanks very much for releasing / building? this project!

For someone who finds some of the Variables and the learning curve on a DIY Method for what the UUD already does would be a nightmare to try and learn from scratch!.


I have 3 small queries:

1) When i remove the Cache Drive (i dont have one) it keeps adding a random drive on refresh (everything else is perfect)

2) I dont have Drive Stats at all (Temps, S.M.A.R.T ect) Array Information, Parity ect ect. 
3) My Bottom UPS Currency shows as "$" but i chose currency "£". 



Thanks kindly again!

 

11 hours ago, Stan464 said:

Small Bumpo.

 

Hi Stan464, welcome to the topic. Glad you are enjoying the UUD. Unfortunately, I don't have any time to support you personally right now, but I would suggest reading through the entire topic as a lot of this has been covered. If you don't run a cache drive, you can just remove that variable in the dashboard settings, and any references to it in each panel. Drive stats are covered by the inputs.smart plugin, so search the topic for that. For currency, you will need to change the UNITS on the UPS panels to reflect your currency of choice. Hope this helps!

Link to post

Seems the last upgrade to rc1 has broken the disk temps with the logs for telegraf showing cannot find smartctrl , any info on how to resolve this anybody.

[telegraf] Error running agent: could not initialize input inputs.smart: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and it is in your PATH (or specified in config): provided path does not

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, falconexe said:

According to some, going to RC2 resolves this. I’ll be staying on stable for the foreseeable future. UUD is only tested/validated on 6.8.3 thus far.

 

Yeah, i stick with Stable. Currently on 6.8.3 that being said, out the Box my Smart Inputs don't work with default out the box settings so it may not just be the RC's that are an issue..

 

Link to post

To solve the missing smartctl problem:

Go to advanced view in the telegraf docker and add the following to Post Arguments:

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

NOTE: smartctl calls in RC1/RC2 prevent drive spindown but that's a separate problem.

Link to post
56 minutes ago, CS01-HS said:

To solve the missing smartctl problem:

Go to advanced view in the telegraf docker and add the following to Post Arguments:


/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk upgrade && apk add smartmontools && telegraf'

NOTE: smartctl calls in RC1/RC2 prevent drive spindown but that's a separate problem.

 

Im using the UUD AllinOne Package so Telegraf isnt a seperate Docker for me. How would i throw this in?

Link to post
On 12/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, LTM said:

Is this Telegraf RC2? I am trying to fix this without starting from scratch but I am leaning towards just deleting all of my config files and starting new again.

 

UNRAID 6.9.0 RC2

Link to post
17 hours ago, Stan464 said:

 

Im using the UUD AllinOne Package so Telegraf isnt a seperate Docker for me. How would i throw this in?

 

Just to be clear, the UUD does not have an "All In One" Package. You are referring to the "Grafana UNRAID Stack" (GUS), which I DID NOT develop. GUS was created by @testdasi, and I GAVE HIM PERMISSION to include the UUD as a built in Dashboard within GUS' default Grafana install. So any and all support for GUS, should be addressed in his forum post. However, I will always help where I can.

 

As such, even with GUS, you DO have a Telegraf docker, as it is installed as a part of GUS, along with Grafana and Influx DB (appdata folder). You can made any modifications to Telegraf's configs, etc. the same way you do if you don't use GUS, and manually install those 3 dockers and then import the UUD into Grafana.

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post

DEVLOPER UPDATE:

 

I finally took some time off from work over the holidays, so I will be jumping back on this next week. Version 1.5 WILL BE RELEASED with a target date no later than 2021-01-02 (January 2nd, 2021 for ChatNoir 😂).

 

As we head into the new year, I will begin work on version 1.6 which will ADD many new features, bug fixes, and will combine ALL requests/user developed panels thus far (where possible) into that release.

 

From that point (1.7 onward), we can look to future use cases, features, and a roadmap from your suggestions. I will continue to add features/panels/customizations as needs arise for the foreseeable future. If I can get my hands on some new hardware, I'll look into NVIDIA GPU monitoring as well, but I may need to get a new motherboard since all of my PCIe slots are tied up.

 

Thanks for all of your support everyone! Glad you are all getting some use out of the UUD and that you are all enjoying it as much as I do! Happy Holidays!

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
8 hours ago, Stan464 said:

 

Im using the UUD AllinOne Package so Telegraf isnt a seperate Docker for me. How would i throw this in?

Ignore my earlier advice which applied to a specific telegraf container. I didn't know "GUS" existed but I've just switched over, it's a lot neater. Smartctl seems to be working fine with it on RC2, I get drive temps.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Version 1.5 WILL BE RELEASED with a target date no later than 1/2/2021.

Just so it is clear for everyone and since date convention in not the same everywhere, are we talking January 2nd or February 1st ?

(I don't mind either as 1.4 does what it needs to do)

Link to post
4 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

Just so it is clear for everyone and since date convention in not the same everywhere, are we talking January 2nd or February 1st ?

(I don't mind either as 1.4 does what it needs to do)

Ha ha good catch. How about this. 2020-01-02 (YYYY-MM-DD which is developer format). I'll update my original post.

 

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
7 hours ago, falconexe said:

 

UNRAID 6.9.0 RC2

Ah. I am still on the latest stable version of unraid.

7 hours ago, CS01-HS said:

I didn't know "GUS" existed but I've just switched over, it's a lot neater. Smartctl seems to be working fine with it on RC2, I get drive temps.

I think my problem is that whenever I try to use apk, it says that it is not installed for me. I guess I will look in to GUS as well.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.