[SUPPORT] blakeblackshear - Frigate

On 8/20/2024 at 7:54 AM, John Graham said:

Dont Get Me Wrong BIG THANKS for the Frigate people this is one of the best NVR's I have used!!!

cant wait to see what comes next😇

Now I have a question ... I am trying to get a onvif camera running and I get this error:

I see at the end of the error message I get " object is not subscriptable " ???

The only thing I wish someone would add is a numbering system that would start from the start of the config file we are editing and give us a line number the error is on/starts on

here is my error.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/frigate/frigate/api/app.py", line 245, in config_save FrigateConfig.parse_raw(new_config) File "/opt/frigate/frigate/config.py", line 1665, in parse_raw return cls.model_validate(config) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pydantic/main.py", line 551, in model_validate return cls.__pydantic_validator__.validate_python( File "/opt/frigate/frigate/config.py", line 1048, in __init__ if len(config["ffmpeg"]["inputs"]) == 1: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Some onvif implemetation are not yet supported here you have the discussion https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/issues/7384

Hi, the problem was that my old frigate configuration conflicted with the new version of frigate, I fixed the recordings and I am removing things from the configuration that are no longer valid, I did not realize all the new changes 😅, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

Hello, I have a new query problem, I just configured go2rtc, the cameras look much better but I can only see them through the computer browser, I can not see them in large on any mobile device or tablet from any browser, if I can see them in small and recordings correctly but if you click on any camera that I have test are not seen they remain loading forever.

However without go2rtc configuration if I can see them on the mobile but the view on any device is much worse, I attach my configuration file with go2rtc, the logs show no errors.

Best regards and thanks.

mqtt:
 enabled: false

ffmpeg:
  hwaccel_args: preset-vaapi
  input_args: preset-rtsp-restream

go2rtc:
  streams:
    camara_volvo:
      - rtsp://xxxx:xxxx@xxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/1
    camara_volvo_sub:
      - rtsp://xxxxx:xxxxxxx@xxxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/3
    camara_zafira:
      - rtsp://xxxxx:xxxxxx@xxxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/1
    camara_zafira_sub:
      - rtsp://xxxx:xxxxxx@xxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/3

record:
  enabled: true
  retain:
    days: 7
    mode: motion
  events:
    retain:
      default: 30

snapshots:
  retain:

detectors:
  coral_pci:
    type: edgetpu
    device: pci

cameras:
  camara_volvo: # <--- this will be changed to your actual camera later
    onvif:
      host: xxxxx
      port: 80
      user: xxx
      password: xxxxx
    ffmpeg: 
      inputs: 
      - path: rtsp://xxxxx:8554/camara_volvo_sub
        roles:
        - detect
      - path: rtsp://xxxxx:8554/camara_volvo
        roles:
        - record
    detect:
      width: 1280
      height: 720
      stationary:
        interval: 30
        threshold: 30
    objects:
      track:
      - car
      - person
      - bicycle
      - motorcycle
    zones:
      zone_0:
        coordinates: 839,375,0,336,0,720,537,720,854,611,1143,461
  camara_zafira: # <--- this will be changed to your actual camera later
    onvif:
      host: xxxxxx
      user: xxxx
      password: xxxx
    ffmpeg: 
      inputs: 
      - path: rtsp://xxxxx:8554/camara_zafira
        roles:
        - record
      - path: rtsp://xxxxxx:8554/camara_zafira_sub
        roles:
        - detect
    detect:
      stationary:
        threshold: 35
    objects:
      track:
      - car
      - person
      - bicycle
      - motorcycle
    zones:
      zone_0:
        coordinates: 1280,552,735,567,0,537,0,351,1280,235
version: 0.14

hello i was wondering if someone could me get frigate setup. i have a GPU nvidia RTX 2070 super i was using frigate prior the .14  update my son-in law help then but is unavailable at the moment. i have my config and db file but the copies i have are from after the update not sure if that would make a difference or not. i would to start all over with a new install or just a fresh start. i have tried both installs one crashes every few seconds and the other just sits like its doing nothing. i have read through some of the frigate DOCs  so any help for a new person at this would be a great help thanks 

Hello Seems to be my weekly error report... i don't know what I did but an update cam in i think got Frigate proxy and i updated it .. hummm it killed my Frigate🤐

i know It's always my doing. I just can't leave things alone. The problem I am all so having is what frigate errored out. There is no way to get the log from Un-Raid. Frigate keeps restarting and kills the log every time. the only why I caught  this was watching the server usage go down on frigate and quickly stop frigate.

don't know why yet, but it does not like #5 camera (commented out) and all it running again but now i am getting this error what have i done wrong this time

024-08-26 04:00:52.476504920  2024/08/26 04:00:52 [error] 163#163: *7 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /api/version HTTP/1.1", subrequest: "/auth", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5001/auth", host: "127.0.0.1:5000"
2024-08-26 04:00:52.476514977  2024/08/26 04:00:52 [error] 163#163: *7 auth request unexpected status: 502 while sending to client, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: "GET /api/version HTTP/1.1", host: "127.0.0.1:5000"

As always thanks for taking you time to look at this, Hope someone knows what I have done wrong.

PS... Restarted everything and just as i was going to sent this, The errors are gone.🤨 Camera still not working, Trying to see if I have done something wrong here yet (That it for tonight) . BUT now my frigate Proxy is not working, with error:

2024/08/26 03:47:41 [error] 349#349: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.30.32.2, server: ccab4aaf-frigate-proxy, request: "GET /ws HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://192.168.5.101:5000/ws", host: "3f7jm9f88bix0l2zjheyb9qbvlfkmyc3.ui.nabu.casa"

What did i miss here?

20 hours ago, kcmccombs said:

hello i was wondering if someone could me get frigate setup. i have a GPU nvidia RTX 2070 super i was using frigate prior the .14  update my son-in law help then but is unavailable at the moment. i have my config and db file but the copies i have are from after the update not sure if that would make a difference or not. i would to start all over with a new install or just a fresh start. i have tried both installs one crashes every few seconds and the other just sits like its doing nothing. i have read through some of the frigate DOCs  so any help for a new person at this would be a great help thanks 

Your bust to copy your config to a safe place like I did and start all over, erase all files/folders for frigate and remove the docker file from UN-raid ... breathe... and start one over .. what i did was copy/past part by part and hit save if yor green keep going, if red the hit the camera i-con and then come back to edit and you will see what to typed last is gone. try a different way, different part till you under stand whats going on. if you had a good working system before this should not take long .. unless your like me and keep trying every option 😇 (Should work)

if all else past the part that you stuck on here .. i am new also but will try to help. after all i never have any problems,,,,,,,,,,,😶‍🌫️

OvO

41 minutes ago, kcmccombs said:

thanks for the reply i have thought about doing this about the config can you help with the docker setup to make sure i have everything setup right i have a Nvidia 2070 super i am using for the capture. thanks again 

I cannot sorry I'm running on a full commercial server with no video cards yet I'm just using the Google Coral.

I have noticed recently that frigate and ffmpeg related to frigate regularly use very high amounts of cpu, before I go down the route of looking to upgrade my cpu, is this normal or does it sound like I have a misconfiguration in my config? I have a gpu which frigate should be configured to use and a Coral TPU.

On 8/22/2024 at 2:47 PM, Alvaroc75 said:

Hello, I have a new query problem, I just configured go2rtc, the cameras look much better but I can only see them through the computer browser, I can not see them in large on any mobile device or tablet from any browser, if I can see them in small and recordings correctly but if you click on any camera that I have test are not seen they remain loading forever.

However without go2rtc configuration if I can see them on the mobile but the view on any device is much worse, I attach my configuration file with go2rtc, the logs show no errors.

Best regards and thanks.

mqtt:
 enabled: false

ffmpeg:
  hwaccel_args: preset-vaapi
  input_args: preset-rtsp-restream

go2rtc:
  streams:
    camara_volvo:
      - rtsp://xxxx:xxxx@xxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/1
    camara_volvo_sub:
      - rtsp://xxxxx:xxxxxxx@xxxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/3
    camara_zafira:
      - rtsp://xxxxx:xxxxxx@xxxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/1
    camara_zafira_sub:
      - rtsp://xxxx:xxxxxx@xxxxx:554/Streaming/Channels/3

record:
  retain:
    days: 7
  events:
    retain:

snapshots:
  retain:

detectors:
  coral_pci:
    type: edgetpu
    device: pci

cameras:
  camara_volvo: # <--- this will be changed to your actual camera later
    onvif:
      host: xxxxx
      user: xxx
      password: xxxxx
    ffmpeg: 
      inputs: 
      - path: rtsp://xxxxx:8554/camara_volvo_sub
        roles:
        - detect
      - path: rtsp://xxxxx:8554/camara_volvo
        roles:
        - record
    detect:
      stationary:
        threshold: 30
    objects:
      track:
      - car
      - person
      - bicycle
      - motorcycle
    zones:
      zone_0:
        coordinates: 839,375,0,336,0,720,537,720,854,611,1143,461
  camara_zafira: # <--- this will be changed to your actual camera later
    onvif:
      host: xxxxxx
      user: xxxx
      password: xxxx
    ffmpeg: 
      inputs: 
      - path: rtsp://xxxxx:8554/camara_zafira
        roles:
        - record
      - path: rtsp://xxxxxx:8554/camara_zafira_sub
        roles:
        - detect
    detect:
      stationary:
        threshold: 35
    objects:
      track:
      - car
      - person
      - bicycle
      - motorcycle
    zones:
      zone_0:
        coordinates: 1280,552,735,567,0,537,0,351,1280,235
version: 0.14

Your config looks ok so it has to be something in your browser

On 8/25/2024 at 3:02 PM, kcmccombs said:

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to setup another persons instance. Please refer to docs and try it by your own as we all did.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:50 AM, BurningSky said:

I have noticed recently that frigate and ffmpeg related to frigate regularly use very high amounts of cpu, before I go down the route of looking to upgrade my cpu, is this normal or does it sound like I have a misconfiguration in my config? I have a gpu which frigate should be configured to use and a Coral TPU.

Some CPU usage is normal, but I cannot assure you anything with such little info. Do you have Harw Accel with the GPU? How many cameras and with witch resolution and FPS are you using?

You can go to system metrics and see by your own on what is the CPU being used.

57 minutes ago, kcmccombs said:  okay finally got it configured but still hfirefox-b-1-my streams are dropping in and out not sure why can anyone advise on this thanks  

You can try opening up the streams in something like  VLC ( VLC media player)  and see what happens, see if it's a stream problem or a frigate problem.    I now have 5 cameras running at 5fps and key frame set to 30 seconds. I never seem to see a drop or restart of any camera. You might want to look at your camera settings.   

OvO

51 minutes ago, John Graham said:

57 minutes ago, kcmccombs said:  okay finally got it configured but still hfirefox-b-1-my streams are dropping in and out not sure why can anyone advise on this thanks  

You can try opening up the streams in something like  VLC ( VLC media player)  and see what happens, see if it's a stream problem or a frigate problem.    I now have 5 cameras running at 5fps and key frame set to 30 seconds. I never seem to see a drop or restart of any camera. You might want to look at your camera settings.   

OvO

ok thanks i will try this. is it pretty simple to load camera in vlc i have never tried this before i can access the form the web address if this is the same. thanks  

4 hours ago, kcmccombs said:

ok thanks i will try this. is it pretty simple to load camera in vlc i have never tried this before i can access the form the web address if this is the same. thanks  

While I was just thinking you could watch the cameras and not see them freak out that you might be able to tell where the problem is

OvO

16 minutes ago, anibis2 said:

I'm attempting to move my go2rtc setup from Home Assistant to Frigate and the config will not persist. The go2rtc.yaml does exist in the Frigate appdata directory, and when I update the config it does change accordingly. However, whenever I restart Frigate the config reverts to the default erasing all my changes.

Any ideas?

Hi, did you have a look to the docs?
https://docs.frigate.video/guides/configuring_go2rtc

4 hours ago, Weetbix M Milk said:

Hi guys,

I am attempting to extend the login token given to the use as it annoys my partner having to sign in every few days.

I am guessing this is done by adding a JWT environment command. Can anyone confirm this?
Ideally a sign-in prompt once per week or month is better.

Hi, there is no way in this moment to change the expiration time:

https://docs.frigate.video/configuration/authentication

16 hours ago, coltonc18 said:

Good morning,

I'm having a weird issue, in the Web interface, I can see events, but when I click on them, I get an error of no events available, and I'm not sure what is happening.  It was working at some point.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.9b63f69bfdaa9a1ce0d61fb15dfa429d.png
image.thumb.png.93b9dc416c77c6384054f4f8271df7f8.pngimage.thumb.png.5de5956416c1d8abc37c09e1f5d1e91d.png

No, you should open a bug here (I dind't find anything related already opened or closed)

https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/issues