[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Wait, are you using the the WebClient from Plex to transcode a movie? Can you try to use a native app like for Android or iOS and see if it is working there if you force a transcode?

The Plex WebClient is nutorious

What happens when you stop the transcode? Can you post a screenshot from nvidia-smi if nothing is using the GPU please?

This is nvidia-smi without transcoding

imagen.thumb.png.782444a70218a77050f59dea0b82b036.png

With android doesn't work either, I can direct stream but if I try to transcode I get an endless black screen without errors or messages in android.

This is with plex trying to transcode.

Nvidia smi while transcoding

imagen.thumb.png.d6fa39446f9f1578e2a7fb4f4e9b50c0.png

after I get the error plex becomes unstable"

imagen.thumb.png.48e85245b65d4c067f1bf927a420b39e.png

imagen.thumb.png.66da87d692d49b582dff2df125696fce.png

Edited by L0rdRaiden
20 hours ago, alturismo said:

your logs looks a little weird while plex is trying to use vaapi (intel /amd) before nvenc ...

may try to delete the codecs dir from plex and restart the docker, also may try another browser to test playback (or a native client and force transcoding like mentioned from @ich777)

image.png.e87d6fe0a23bf0eceeed7f876805615f.png

also may try without your ramdisk as transcoding path for testing, i know some DTS streams needs some insane high ramdisk free space (whyever)

I have 64gb ram only 20gb in use.

I have stopped plex delete the codec folder, started plex and still the same issue

3 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I have stopped plex delete the codec folder, started plex and still the same issue

too bad

4 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I have 64gb ram only 20gb in use.

is not relevant while you use a tempfs ramdisk, which i assume you are using as transcoding path

On 7/10/2023 at 8:43 PM, L0rdRaiden said:
  --mount type=tmpfs,destination=/tmp,tmpfs-size=4000000000 'lscr.io/linuxserver/plex'

• Like 1
1 hour ago, alturismo said:

is not relevant while you use a tempfs ramdisk, which i assume you are using as transcoding path

I remove the path and used as well this patch which is an ssd but the same error appears

imagen.png.9b326fdbb839310bb3e4fa4417f63a74.png

Anyway if I do CPU transcoding it works with the /tmp and ramdisk

Edited by L0rdRaiden
2 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I remove the path and used as well this patch which is an ssd but the same error appears

Again I really can't help here, please see if you or someone else can test the card in another system if everything is working as expected with it and put at least 30 minutes a 3D load on it.

From the logs I can't see anything which is preventing the card from working.

I really can't tell what's wrong here.

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

From what version where you trying to upgrade?

Sorry, that would have been helpful, wouldnt it!

Current version is 535.54.03.

The plugin screen doesn't actually show a newer version. Perhaps I have got confused and there isn't one to upgrade to!

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh sorry, I could have been also a bit more precise, I've meant from which Unraid version are you trying to upgrade?

Sorry, I misunderstood!

Unraid is v6.11.5. Unraid is now prompting me to reboot to finish the update but the notifications above are saying don't do it because of plugin download error.

Just now, serhan said:

Unraid is v6.11.5. Unraid is now prompting me to reboot to finish the update but the notifications above are saying don't do it because of plugin download error.

Please give ma about 5 minutes, I'll post a command shortly that you have to execute from a Unraid Terminal that will ensure that the packages are download properly for the new Unraid version.

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@serhan please open a Unraid terminal copy/paste this command and follow the instructions:

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-plugin_update_helper/master/force_package_update | bash

(please make sure that the Nvidia Driver plugin is still installed)

Thank you!

It says finished but nothing has popped up in notifications to say the same.

Do you think its safe to reboot? Is there a way I can check whether it completed successfully?

2 minutes ago, serhan said:

Do you think its safe to reboot? Is there a way I can check whether it completed successfully?

Yes, if it did take about 20 seconds+ you should be now good to go to reboot.

Check your notifications in Unraid, it should have populated them.

2 minutes ago, serhan said:

Oh no, I just got notified it failed again.

There is something really strange going on on your system, do you use any AdBlocking on your network, does the server have full access to the Internet and are you sure that you don't block access to the GitHub API?

Please post the output from both commands from a Unraid Terminal:

pcregrep -oM 'Linux kernel[\s\S]*?version\s+\K\d+(\.\d+)+' /boot/changes.txt | sort -V | tail -1
wget -qO- https://api.github.com/repos/ich777/unraid-nvidia-driver/releases/tags/6.1.38-Unraid | jq -r '.assets[].name' | grep -E -v '\.md5$' | grep "nvidia" | sort -V | tail -1

I dont have any adblocking, full access to internet (I think) and nothing blocking Github (I think).

At least I have not set those up.

First command returns:

Second returns:

nvidia-535.54.03-6.1.38-Unraid-1.txz

I appreciate all your help, thank you. I need to step out for a few hours so may be slow to reply with next update.

1 hour ago, serhan said:

I appreciate all your help, thank you. I need to step out for a few hours so may be slow to reply with next update.

Try to reboot, it should be safe anyways, the Nvidia Driver plugin should pull the update on a reboot anyways.

Something really strange is going on on your system... Are you sure that you have enough free space on your USB Boot device?

Can you post your Diagnostics?

However it should be save to reboot but if possible pull the Diagnostics before the reboot.

EDIT: I have now downgraded my test server to 6.11.5 to try it on my test server and everything is working as expected, I can only assume that you have to less free space on your USB Boot device:

grafik.png.70c80e8778c115fca59101abebc3fd47.png

On 7/15/2023 at 11:19 AM, ich777 said:

Try to reboot, it should be safe anyways, the Nvidia Driver plugin should pull the update on a reboot anyways.

Something really strange is going on on your system... Are you sure that you have enough free space on your USB Boot device?

Can you post your Diagnostics?

However it should be save to reboot but if possible pull the Diagnostics before the reboot.

EDIT: I have now downgraded my test server to 6.11.5 to try it on my test server and everything is working as expected, I can only assume that you have to less free space on your USB Boot device:

grafik.png.70c80e8778c115fca59101abebc3fd47.png

Thank you for continuining to help. I haven't tried a reboot yet, rough migraine yesterday so sorry for my delay.

I think my USB has plenty of room. Is showing 62GB free (of 64GB).

Here are my diagnostics.

server-diagnostics-20230716-1821.zip

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Version: 6.12.3.

Unfortunately after reboot, the plugin can't see my card anymore (worked just fine before upgrading to Version: 6.12.3).

immagine.thumb.png.9736fad1d6b2c3975c275e1539b669e8.png

I've tried to download the driver again and to reboot the server and now it's fine.

Don't know what break did the Upgrade (lately it seems like Unraid Updates are like Windows Updates... you have to wait or to skip... but for the sake of security...you know...)

immagine.png

Edited by TDA
Edit: Retried to download 2x NVidia Driver
1 hour ago, TDA said:

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Version: 6.12.3.

Unfortunately after reboot, the plugin can't see my card anymore (worked just fine before upgrading to Version: 6.12.3).

immagine.thumb.png.9736fad1d6b2c3975c275e1539b669e8.png

I've tried to download the driver again and to reboot the server and now it's fine.

Don't know what break did the Upgrade (lately it seems like Unraid Updates are like Windows Updates... you have to wait or to skip... but for the sake of security...you know...)

immagine.png

Which card do you have is it supported by the latest?

@alturismo @ich777

I have good news and bad news... xD

The "good" news is that I can transcode full hd content with GPU and it works, although plex might become a little bit unresposive

Even 5 or 7 minutes after I stop the trancoding GPO and or CPU are with a high consuption for no reason

imagen.thumb.png.7c8f03236e5904bf0d189cf64bf211a8.png

imagen.thumb.png.4dc77066a8c7d507cc10764509f77824.png

With 4k content I get the error reported before... it's very strange. I'm using now 6.12.3

I will try a clean plex install or revert to a previous version of the driver.

I know you can't help me much more but any ideas are welcome

21 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I know you can't help me much more but any ideas are welcome

I really can‘t tell what‘s going on there, I even installed my NVIDIA T400 again in my Test server and tried it and everything was workkng as expected on 6.12.3 with Plex.