[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

10 minutes ago, GuyNamedTyler said:

So with this one the videos either do the same thing, wont use the GPU, or I get this playback error 

Have you restarted your server/Docker service after installing the drivers?

In Jellyfin you can tick all boxes (MPEG2, MPEG4,...).

Something seems really of if you get the error. Have you already tried the Production Branch drivers (anyways "latest" also works fine because I run that on my system)?

Is the power connected correctly to your GPU if there is any additional power plug?

Can you send me the Diagnostics before changing anything (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you restarted your server/Docker service after installing the drivers?

In Jellyfin you can tick all boxes (MPEG2, MPEG4,...).

Something seems really of if you get the error. Have you already tried the Production Branch drivers (anyways "latest" also works fine because I run that on my system)?

Is the power connected correctly to your GPU if there is any additional power plug?

Can you send me the Diagnostics before changing anything (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

The behavior didn't change checking all the boxes either. 

Tried that driver previously and rebooted before and after installing the plugin and driver, also disabled/enabled the docker. 

I honestly have no idea if this GPU had a power connector, its been in the server for a year now and worked perfect previously. 

If there was a connector it has to be connected, I used to use it to play games in a VM and it never struggled 

I've actually had this problem ever since the previous plugin stopped receiving updates, when there were Nvidia versions of the beta. 

Once I changed over to the official versions the GPU stopped working for transcoding entirely

I have no idea if something when wrong when the OS updated either 

las-noches-diagnostics-20210515-1600.zip

12 minutes ago, GuyNamedTyler said:

The behavior didn't change checking all the boxes either. 

May I ask if you run a custom Kernel or something else?

Can you make a reboot and then post the diagnostics again.

I also had other users with a AMD/B450 boards where the cards aren't working, can you eventually check if there is a BIOS update available and update the BIOS if possible?

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

May I ask if you run a custom Kernel or something else?

Can you make a reboot and then post the diagnostics again.

I also had other users with a AMD/B450 boards where the cards aren't working, can you eventually check if there is a BIOS update available and update the BIOS if possible?

No custom Kernel 

The only BIOS updates for this board recently were to add support for the Zen3 architecture and I believe it was beta? Im not quite sure but I will have to verify/update the BIOS at a later time

New Config  las-noches-diagnostics-20210515-1631.zip

6 minutes ago, GuyNamedTyler said:

No custom Kernel 

The only BIOS updates for this board recently were to add support for the Zen3 architecture and I believe it was beta? Im not quite sure but I will have to verify/update the BIOS at a later time

The log seems fine and it seems like it's loaded the driver correctly.

I think you boot in Legacy/CSM mode from what I see on your boot device which seems fine.

Please check if there is an update of the BIOS and keep me updated will research a little more.

Eventually try to connect a monitor if you haven't one connected.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

The log seems fine and it seems like it's loaded the driver correctly.

I think you boot in Legacy/CSM mode from what I see on your boot device which seems fine.

Please check if there is an update of the BIOS and keep me updated will research a little more.

Eventually try to connect a monitor if you haven't one connected.

I will check out the BIOS later today and see if I can get that updated. 

As far as the monitor goes it will be detected on boot and load into the boot gui and all, and will also passthrough to a VM and work fine.

1 minute ago, GuyNamedTyler said:

As far as the monitor goes it will be detected on boot and load into the boot gui and all, and will also passthrough to a VM and work fine.

But is a monitor connected?

Is the card also passed through to a VM?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

On the latest BIOS now and nothing has changed, update was done through the BIOS with a monitor connected to the GPU directly 

Jellyfin giving the same error if HW Transcoding is enabled and Plex is ignoring the GPU. 

7 hours ago, GuyNamedTyler said:

Jellyfin giving the same error if HW Transcoding is enabled and Plex is ignoring the GPU. 

I have to investigate a little more, since this is really strange.

I had a user here I think it was @Glasti that had a 1660 and a B450-f but it was a different error if I remember correctly.

It seems really strange since from what I see in your syslog it at least tries to transcodes and then fails I think, not 100% sure why there are so many BAR messages...

What you can also try is to turn on persistence mode to do that open up a terminal and enter:

nvidia-persistenced

...and then try to transcode some of your media (eventually restart the container after you enabled persistence mode), if that will also fail I really can't help here and only can think of something like a hardware related issue.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

I have to investigate a little more, since this is really strange.

I had a user here I think it was @Glasti that had a 1660 and a B450-f but it was a different error if I remember correctly.

It seems really strange since from what I see in your syslog it at least tries to transcodes and then fails I think, not 100% sure why there are so many BAR messages...

What you can also try is to turn on persistence mode to do that open up a terminal and enter:

nvidia-persistenced

...and then try to transcode some of your media (eventually restart the container after you enabled persistence mode), if that will also fail I really can't help here and only can think of something like a hardware related issue.

I have it working now. 

It didnt work on the first attempt though, I checked my plugins and there was an error with gpu statistics, deleted the error, updated all plugins, restarted docker, and now Plex and Jellyfin are working with persistence mode enabled.

Is it possible an outdated plugin could have caused the problem?

1 minute ago, GuyNamedTyler said:

I have it working now. 

It didnt work on the first attempt though, I checked my plugins and there was an error with gpu statistics, deleted the error, updated all plugins, restarted docker, and now Plex and Jellyfin are working with persistence mode enabled.

Is it possible an outdated plugin could have caused the problem?

Can you try it once more without persistence mode? You have to reboot to actually unload the persistence mode or kill the process 'kill "$(pidof nvidia-persistenced)"' (without the single quotes from a terminal), but I think the better choice would be to reboot.

I don't think that an old plugin caused this, eventually you need persistenced mode enabled.

35 minutes ago, sjaak said:

unRAID was trying to download the new driver but it fails

Have you clicked the download button again once more?

What Unraid version are you using?

Please also attach the diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you clicked the download button again once more?

What Unraid version are you using?

Please also attach the diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

Edited by sjaak
removed diagnostics
2 hours ago, sjaak said:

Can you download this file: Click

Have you got any blocking software on your network (PiHole,...)?

Also, have you tried to click the download button a second time?

I now tried a fresh install:

grafik.thumb.png.0c9bb308693b6d0fa2fcd20506cdeae4.png

And also when I click the download button on the Nvidia Driver page:

grafik.png.f2ab278351ef163bd9143978a66b79a7.png

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you download this file: Click

Have you got any blocking software on your network (PiHole,...)?

Also, have you tried to click the download button a second time?

[...]

yeah, i have Pi-hole, but unRAID is excluded from it. manual download did work.

will trying a second time download.

39 minutes ago, sjaak said:

yeah, i have Pi-hole, but unRAID is excluded from it. manual download did work.

will trying a second time download.

This message indicates that something is preventing the file from being downloaded...

23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This message indicates that something is preventing the file from being downloaded...

yeah, i think i found the problem, the driver installer is trying to use IPv6, and unraid itself isn't setup for that. i'm going to temporary disable the second NIC by unplug the fiber (which is setup for IPv6) and then try again.

the files are there where they belong, i uploaded it to unraid ;)

and 8.8.8.8 is banned on my network (i did found some reference to 8.8.8.8 in this plugin)

jup, found the problem, disabled the second NIC and tried again, its finished and its report me to reboot the server ;)

Edited by sjaak
15 minutes ago, sjaak said:

yeah, i think i found the problem, the driver installer is trying to use IPv6

What do you mean with that, the Driver Plugin only uses wget to download files...

Seems like there is something not configured properly...

17 minutes ago, sjaak said:

and 8.8.8.8 is banned on my network (i did found some reference to 8.8.8.8 in this plugin)

This is always a bad idea to block the Google DNS server, why would you do that? :D

The plugin tries to ping 8.8.8.8 because it's an anycast IP address and is basically always online, just a little side note: not only my plugin tries to connect to 8.8.8.8 to check if there is actually a internet connection available...

In this case the boot takes about 30 seconds longer.