[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

10 minutes ago, Milk.Daddy said:

This is really strange, I see the card recognized in you system overview but the driver doesn't even recognizes the card.

Have you tried to connect a display to the card and see if you get a output from the card?

Does the board deliver enough power to the PCIe slot where the card is installed in? Can you maybe try another PCIe slot?

Please double check if you are enabled Above 4G Support and Resizable BAR support in your BIOS.

Also make sure that you are on the latest BIOS version and update it if a newer version is available.

Hello All,

I'have 2 GPU

- RTX 3060 12Go to Emby Transcode with this plugin

- RTX 2070 Super to VM Gaming.

PSU :850W

Very regularly the RTX 3060 disappear... I don't know why. Need to reboot Unraid. 

image.thumb.png.9e59e4a4e2793f8cb83f87603399ef36.png

image.png.d0129409d6ad782af84688db90d28d47.png

image.thumb.png.387a34907ab088b141c101763fca1fd3.pngimage.thumb.png.263f35416b4df538e90329c6f33ea61b.png

At the moment, I have to restart the server almost every day.

What to do ? I can't find anything on Google ... :(

Edited by thymon
34 minutes ago, thymon said:

@ich777 thank you for your interest. 

Yes, it is a Ryzen based server.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 

So far I had a GPU for transcoding and had never had a problem.

It's since the add of the RTX3060 for transcoding instead of RTX2070.

Diag in attachment.

Please see this post:

@HellraiserOSU reported that turning on IOMMU in the BIOS solved the issue but other users reported turning off IOMMU in the BIOS solves the issue.

Please also consider disabling C-States in the BIOS, also enable 4G Above Decoding and Reiszable BAR support in your BIOS.

Make also sure that you are on the latest BIOS version.

4 hours ago, thymon said:

@ich777 If I turn-off IOMMU, I will cannot use my other GPU in passtrough, right ?

exactly, so prolly no option in your case ... its sad enough but these issues are more really AMD Systems related, its really a trial & error forwarding with different BIOS settings like @ich777 mentioned which are the base settings, really turn all energy savers off and so on ... hopefully you find a working combination.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Commuting-Reliably6-Hardsh said:

i did and it is supported by all 470 drivers

ok, then ... when i see your iommu, do use downstream, multi function as ACS Override ?

if so, may try turn this off

next would be, try another pcie slot on your board

also, take a look at the bios setting if you boot in uefi, may try change this (or vice vers)

not much more to say ... as it looks all good

1 hour ago, alturismo said:

if its disabled, keep it disabled, just looks almost like its enabled

image.thumb.png.d30ed192373422f3afee26e7aa7da468.png

best bet, try another slot and/or change boot type

yes it was disabled. i removed the extra 2 network adapter leaving only the 2 raid controller and placed the gpu on another one
plugged a screen to check that i have a display output from the gpu and it works.

still got the error...

1 hour ago, Commuting-Reliably6-Hardsh said:

here it is

I'm very sorry but the driver reports this:

Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 GPU installed in this system is
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers. Please
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  information.  The 470.94 NVIDIA driver will ignore
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  this GPU.  Continuing probe...
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM: No NVIDIA GPU found.

From what I've found online there are a few cards out there who are not compatible, is it this card: Click

If yes, you are may be out of luck.

There are "old" and "new" GT 730's out there and only the "new" ones are supported.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm very sorry but the driver reports this:

Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 GPU installed in this system is
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  supported through the NVIDIA 390.xx Legacy drivers. Please
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  information.  The 470.94 NVIDIA driver will ignore
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM:  this GPU.  Continuing probe...
Jan  3 18:37:33 Tower kernel: NVRM: No NVIDIA GPU found.

From what I've found online there are a few cards out there who are not compatible, is it this card: Click

If yes, you are may be out of luck.

There are "old" and "new" GT 730's out there and only the "new" ones are supported.

oh this is so sad :(

Would it be possible to install the 390.xx as recommended or should i just bite it and find another gpu ?

1 minute ago, Commuting-Reliably6-Hardsh said:

Would it be possible to install the 390.xx as recommended or should i just bite it and find another gpu ?

For what would you use it with the legacy drivers? This card isn't even capable of transcoding most of the things out there today.

Also the legacy drivers won't work properly with Docker container in general.

I can recommend you to get a Nvidia T400 you can get them brand new for about $130,- (2GB Turing card).

I installed that plugin with Unraid 6.9.2 and restart the server.

After restart dont start the docker service.

image.thumb.png.a04ec3f9e07fd92a023c72ed6a7c007a.png

What can I do?
I tried disable and enable the service via gui, and restart the server and  uninstall plugin and restart server.

Thanks so much!!

Edited by milfer322