[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

On 11/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, ich777 said:

This seems like a counterfeit card to me since the audio controller is a GF116 (Fermi Architecture - GTX 500 series).

Does this card also have VGA on it? Not 100% sure from the pictures but this is also a indicator that this is not a Pascal (GTX 1000 series) based card.

I would recommemd that you watch out for a Nvidia T400 you can get them brand new for about Eur. 130,-

In terms of transcoding it is as good, or even better than a GTX 1060 and more efficient.

Just wanted to drop back in and say thank you. I sent the card back and got a refund from the seller. Still no luck on getting a card for Tdarr but I'll keep trying :D

• Like 1
8 hours ago, luixmod said:

Do you boot with UEFI or am I wrong? Please try to use legacy mode if possible.

If that doesn't help try to disable C-States in the BIOS, also make sure that you've enabled Resizable BAR support and Above 4G Decoding.

I would also recommend that you've enable Downstream PCIe ACS override:

grafik.png.873d63cca3e20f66cb8ec643a3143188.png

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

If that doesn't help try to disable C-States in the BIOS, also make sure that you've enabled Resizable BAR support and Above 4G Decoding.

yes i am booting with UEFI. how can i disable C-States on a amd 3950x with a asus ws pro motherboard?

the PCIe ACS override is just to VM correct? i only use the GPUs with the nvidia plugin

On 12/9/2021 at 12:58 AM, ich777 said:

That seems like a issue with the Motherboard/BIOS that something is not properly implemented.

Have you turned on RBAR and/or above 4G Decoding in the BIOS?

I think I don't have to ask but anyways... Are you on the latest BIOS version? :)

Yes, Nvidia "supports" this now "officially": Click

I would also recommend to upgrade to RC2 since I'm on it since day one and have no problems whatsoever and I will also drop the Kernel Helper since you can add nearly everything with plugins.

Please keep in mind the Vendor Reset Patch is just a workaround and will/can fail after n number of reboots from the VM.

Maybe try to boot into UEFI mode because then allocation of the memory regions and talking to the hardware works a little different than with CSM.

Went to rc2. Didn't realize it was out yet. 

I saw nvidia did officially support. I saw on the forums here somewhere unraid didn't yet or something. It's working fine without rom. 

Moved to rc2. Still didn't work... So changed up the pcie slots for everything. Then I had to turn on downstream in vm settings as the top two pcie are tied together and the p2000 occupied one it them. 

Well that worked for booting dual gpus in one vm. Awesome. Then Nvidia plugin and reboot still working. 

Somewhere along the way it works now. 

Rc2, downstream, no roms for either card, amd gpu reset plugin (honestly the VM should never reboot unless the server does), Nvidia plugin and my p2000 is happily mining eth with only 5gb of ram :)

thanks for help. I still not sure why the original issue occured. I tried the same solutions. Only difference is rc2 and reset bug plugin. All those combos were tried previously.

BIos is up to date. 4g decode is on, resize bar is not on. When I researched i had seen it wasn't "supported yet". And as far as I know latest bios. Haven't checked in a while. With windows 11 out I'm sure there was an update recently. As everything is working I don't want to bork it.  

as it seems every system is particular. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, luixmod said:

yes i am booting with UEFI.

Try first to boot with Legacy Mode... If that also doesn't work I would recommend to disable C-States (refer to your BIOS manual page 34).

10 hours ago, luixmod said:

the PCIe ACS override is just to VM correct? i only use the GPUs with the nvidia plugin

As reported from @HellraiserOSU on his AMD system it helped that the GPU doesn't fall from the bus so that the plugin keeps on working.

• 2 weeks later...

When installing the plugin it does show the card (RTX3060) when I go to settings but then it disappears and I get "No devices were found", the same when I run nvidia-smi. When I run "lspci | grep NVIDIA" I do see my card.

I had it setup to run in a VM and it worked fine. I deleted the VM, rebooted the server and installed the Nvidia plugin. Any suggestions of what to try next?

7 minutes ago, Mentox said:

Any suggestions of what to try next?

Please post your Diagnostics.

When installing the plugin it does show the card (RTX3060)

Where does it show the card?

When I run "lspci | grep NVIDIA" I do see my card.

That has nothing to do with the driver itself and only shows if the card is recognized by your system on the PCI bus.

Have you bound the card to VFIO?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please post your Diagnostics.

Where does it show the card?

That has nothing to do with the driver itself and only shows if the card is recognized by your system on the PCI bus.

Have you bound the card to VFIO?

Not sure what happened but it seems to be working now so fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help ich777

Edited by Mentox

Hello, I have being using this driver for like a year or so, and was working correctly until today.

I have and old 750TI card, but for my plex configuration was sufficient, I add a new drive today so I did a restart, and after that I'm missing the NVIDIA driver and everything.

If I try to install the driver (I did several times) I get...

Downloading Nvidia Driver Package v495.46------------------
----------This could take some time, please don't close this window!------------

--------------Can't download Nvidia Driver Package v495.46-----------------
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

After that I see the Nvidia menu in settings (not in plugin) and if I go inside there is an empty space in the graphics part and if I select any other version I cant force the download, and after the restart there is nothing related to nvidia anywhere.

tower-diagnostics-20211221-2228.zip

Edited by Curros
9 hours ago, Curros said:

I have and old 750TI card, but for my plex configuration was sufficient, I add a new drive today so I did a restart, and after that I'm missing the NVIDIA driver and everything.

Have you changed anything else to your server than adding a disk?

Do you run any AdBlocker like AdGuard or PiHole somewhere in your network?

Please go to your Plugins page within unRAID and see if you got a Plugins Error tab and uninstall the Nvidia Driver plugin from there, after that try to install the Nvidia Driver again from the CA App, if you got an AdBlock installed try to disabling before you pull it from the CA App.

Something really strange is going on on your system... My best bet is that the plugin is in the Plugins-Error tab.

Just for testing, can you donwload this file: Click

(this is the file that the plugin tries to download and is failing for you, tried it now and it downloads just fine)

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you changed anything else to your server than adding a disk?

Do you run any AdBlocker like AdGuard or PiHole somewhere in your network?

No I dont.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please go to your Plugins page within unRAID and see if you got a Plugins Error tab and uninstall the Nvidia Driver plugin from there, after that try to install the Nvidia Driver again from the CA App, if you got an AdBlock installed try to disabling before you pull it from the CA App.

The plugin was in the error tab, and I just delete it :D

But now I get different error (image below)...

I did a full restart (router, switchs, everything in the network), I also download the file in my computer and I could, so I'm kind of lost....

PD: Brainstorming, could be an issue with the driver version, I mean, my card is kind of old 750ti, I'm not sure v495 will work with that.

1706388462_Capturadepantalla2021-12-22111829.png.391aff5cc37dbc5663bc415e261f449b.png

36 minutes ago, Curros said:

The plugin was in the error tab, and I just delete it :D

That was the main issue why it wasn't installing.

I also download the file in my computer and I could, so I'm kind of lost....

How quick was the download? It should be 200MB in terms of size. The checksum error means that something went wrong with the download.

Brainstorming, could be an issue with the driver version, I mean, my card is kind of old 750ti, I'm not sure v495 will work with that.

That has nothing to do with the card itself since the download fails.

Also your card is supported, go to this page and click on "Supported Products" and you will see that the GTX750ti is supported.

How long does it sit there after you get the error message?

Do you have enough space left on your USB boot device? Have you also checked if the DNS servers are correct on your unRAID box?

Do you have AdGuard, PiHole or something similar installed somewhere on your network?

EDIT: I have tested it now on my other server (that is on 6.9.2 and even has no Nvidia card installed) and it works just fine, must be some kind of network issue in your case:

grafik.png.0a2482f9a1f9dd83e2db8c9eff21e381.png

grafik.png.3c5ee591fe779d608b6cdaba810beb61.png

(made two screenshots because it won't fit on one...)

• Like 1

You are not going to believe it, before your message, I see a yellow ribbon in the CA App saying that the store was running on backups servers (was not there before!)

I just reload, and now that ribbon doesn't appear, and try the install again, and voila its working.

I cant thank you enough, you are the best!

PD: DM me and I will invite you a beer.

• Like 1

Hi, all. I am new to unraid and I am facing a problem I can not get solved by myself.

It seems I have an to old card ( GTX 470 ) that I want to use to speed up my plex server. 

Is there a way to downgrade the driver? From what I found out so far I will need a driver with version 39X.XX to get the 470 working, but I have no idea how I do that.

52 minutes ago, Xizz3l said:

I have an to old card ( GTX 470 ) that I want to use to speed up my plex server. 

That's not possible because the GTX470 (Fermi based I think) doesn't have NVENC.

The first card with NVENC was Kepler based 600 and 700 series...

52 minutes ago, Xizz3l said:

I will need a driver with version 39X.XX

That's also not possible because that's a legacy driver and won't work for Docker so you would have basically no benefit of adding the card to Plex if it would be even possible.

If I can recommend you a card currently that is reasonably priced look out for a Nvidia T400, you can get them brand new for about $135,-

Hi all friends, I am writing to you from Italy, sorry for my bad English, 3 months ago I changed my PC and with the old hardware I made a NAS with Unraid 6.9.2, I installed binhex-plexpass and configured with my Plex Pass account. The problem is for hw transcoding, I installed a Quadro P1000 with Nvidia Drivers, GPU detected and I also see the status via GPU Statistics, I followed all the online tutorials but the transcoding continues to do it via the CPU.

I configured Plex with NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES on "all", Extra Parameters on "--runtime = nvidia" and I entered my GPUUUID on NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES, I enabled hardware transcoding from the Plex settings but nothing to do, it doesn't work it just uses the CPU.

I always have the CPU at 80% load during remote streaming and the GPU at 2% and the writing (hw) does not appear. Anyone know what the problem may be? I also tested with a GTX 1050Ti and a GTX 780 with the same result, so I rule out a GPU problem.

If it can be useful I put the hardware list of the nas:

Asus Z97-PRO GAMER

Intel Core ™ i7-4770K

16GB DDR3 Ram

Nvidia Quadro P1000

I hope I have explained well, I thank in advance whoever will help me.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:54 AM, ich777 said:

ok i made the changes you advice me to do, and wait to see what happen, the problem appers again, de GTX1080Ti disaper from the nvidia plugin and give me this errors when i enter on the plugin:

Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: caller _nv000717rm+0x1ad/0x200 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:0a:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x23:0xffff:1417)
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:0a:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 1
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:0a:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x23:0xffff:1417)
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:0a:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 1
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Dec 23 19:49:13 IGOR kernel: caller _nv000717rm+0x1ad/0x200 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs

Edited by luixmod
4 minutes ago, luixmod said:

But the card is definitely working? This error is usually a indication of either the card not working or some kind of hardware error.

Can you please go into your BIOS again and double check if the option "Above 4G decoding" is turned on? If not, please turn it on.

If you got that issue still after turning on Above 4G decoding please pull your Diagnostics again and post them here.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

But the card is definitely working? This error is usually a indication of either the card not working or some kind of hardware error.

Can you please go into your BIOS again and double check if the option "Above 4G decoding" is turned on? If not, please turn it on.

If you got that issue still after turning on Above 4G decoding please pull your Diagnostics again and post them here.

the 4G decoding is on, i check on the bios, and i am not using the gpus to transcoding, just mining with trex-miner ptrfrll/nv-docker-trex

8 minutes ago, luixmod said:

i am not using the gpus to transcoding, just mining with trex-miner

That makes no difference for what you are using it, please also check if you have an option for resizable BAR and enable it too.

From what I see in your logs the driver is initialized successfully and after you put a load on it it fails and the card falls from the bus.

Can you try to put the card in another slot and check if the power cables are attached properly?

If possible please try to install the card in a desktop PC, install the drivers and put a 3D load on it if it works flawlessly.