[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

Just now, ich777 said:

No because the V4L module is integrated in all of them but the modules for USB cams are only in the LibreELEC package.

Have you got a friend with a different USB camera that you can borrow for testing?

If it's recognized there should be a directory /dev/videoX

I will see if I can find my USB camera but I really don't know what I've did with it or where I've put it...

So this is really odd but its working.

i can pass /dev/video0 into my container and it works. however there is no folder called/dev/video0.

im confused but im happy also

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, GregBobery said:

So this is really odd but its working.

Are you sure that there is no folder /dev/video?

What does happen when you issue: 'ls -la /dev/video*' or 'ls -la /dev/video0' from a Unraid terminal (not the container terminal)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

i'm still on 6.8.3 Unraid DVB and i'm wondering how to upgrade without losing my TVHeadend config.

- stop tvheadend docker

- upgrade OS

- install this plugin

- select correct driver

- reboot

- change "extra parameter" for device passthrough

- start tvheadend docker

2 hours ago, pika said:

i'm still on 6.8.3 Unraid DVB and i'm wondering how to upgrade without losing my TVHeadend config.

Yes and no.

You don't need to stop the container.

You don't need to change the parameter in the Extra Parameters as long as you named it: '/dev/dvb' because it's the same.

I would do it as follows:

1. Upgrade to 6.9.2
  2. Reboot (after the reboot the TVHeadend container does not start because the /dev/dvb directory is missing because you have to install the DVB Driver plugin first)
  3. Install the DVB Driver plugin
  4. Go to the Settings page and click on DVB Driver on the bottom
  5. Select your preferred driver package and click update
  6. Reboot (please note that the plugin will download the new driver on boot so make sure that you have a active internet connection on boot, only saying that because some people have installed PiHole on their Unraid server)

The TVHeadedn container should start right away and you should be able to use your DVB cards as usual.

(you can also check on the plugin page if the cards are all found)

If a new version from Unraid is released wait a few hours (since my server has to compile the drivers and update the driver packages) and then upgrade, the plugin will check on boot if the driver that is currently downloaded is compatible with the installed Unraid version and update itself if necessary.

If you got any further question please feel free to ask. :)

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, pika said:

(missing) card: TeVii S471 DVB-S2 PCIe

Please post your Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box) and also the output from:

lspci -vv

Have you restarted after you installed the plugin?

10 minutes ago, pika said:

yes, several times!

Looks like the card is recognized from what I've see in the logs and initialized:

06:00.0 Multimedia video controller [0400]: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [14f1:8852] (rev 04)
	Subsystem: Device [d471:9022]
	Kernel driver in use: cx23885
	Kernel modules: cx23885

The only few lines that seem suspicious to me are:

Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885_dvb_register() allocating 1 frontend(s)
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885[0]: cx23885 based dvb card
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: Invalid probe, probably not a DS3000
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885[0]: frontend initialization failed
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885_dvb_register() dvb_register failed err = -22
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885_dev_setup() Failed to register dvb adapters on VID_B
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885_dev_checkrevision() Hardware revision = 0xa5
Jun 24 19:33:24 DataTower kernel: cx23885: cx23885[0]/0: found at 0000:06:00.0, rev: 4, irq: 36, latency: 0, mmio: 0xfe000000

Did you already looked in TVHeadend if the card is in there?

Can you also do a:

ls -la /dev/dvb

and post the output?

What you can also try is to select the TBS-OS drivers.

What Extra Parameter have you specified in the TVHeadend container?

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

ls -la /dev/dvb

root@DataTower:~# ls -la /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root   60 Jun 24 19:33 ./
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 3300 Jun 24 19:33 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Jun 24 19:33 adapter0/

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you already looked in TVHeadend if the card is in there?

yes, there's only the dvb-t device!

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What Extra Parameter have you specified in the TVHeadend container?

--device=/dev/dvb/

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What you can also try is to select the TBS-OS drivers.

will do!

16 minutes ago, pika said:

yes, there's only the dvb-t device!

I think to solve the problem try this first:

1. Open the Unraid WebGUI and click on the Flash drive (blue text)
  2. Make sure that you've selected the LibreELEC drivers in the DVB Driver plugin
  3. Scroll a little down and add this to your syslinux.cfg: 'cx23885.card=35' (without quotes)
    Bildschirmfoto_2021-06-25_09-36-09.png.0fdbc5817340f3ca8249c5dd7766b361.png
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Apply"
  5. Reboot your server and see if it is now recognized and shows up in TVHeadend

I think the module cx23885 probes against the wrong device and so it's not showing up (you can get a full list of supported cards and probes here: Click - your card should be #35)

If the card is again not recognized please post your Diagnostics here again.

• Like 1
Just now, pika said:

i selected the tbs-os drivers and made a reboot but the system doesn't come back (~12 minutes)...

Have you attached a physical monitor to the server? If yes what is the output?

Can you connect through SSH? Try to first power cycle the server and see if it is the same again if yes do this:

Turn off the server pull the USB boot device and attach it to a local computer and delete the file config/plugins/dvb-driver.plg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mAYH3M said:

After the recent update my Hauppauge USB tuner has disappeared from the list.

The last update that I've pushed where about 2 weeks ago...

Doesn't it work since then?

Can you please post your Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download -> drop the downloaded zip file here in the text box).

On 12/1/2020 at 10:31 PM, anon1105 said:

Seems to work! :)

Must be something with the binhex plexpass docker; any idea what it could be?

image.png.79e1dea10e340dfb803099073b1d9963.png

I am have the same card as @anon1105 and also use binhex plexpass docker.  Having the same issue where card shows up in TVHeadend but not in Plex.  Did anyone figure this out?

14 minutes ago, scbuckeye75 said:

I am have the same card as @anon1105 and also use binhex plexpass docker.  Having the same issue where card shows up in TVHeadend but not in Plex.  Did anyone figure this out?

From what I know for @anon1105 it is working now.

Have you tried to install the official Plex Container yet?

23 minutes ago, scbuckeye75 said:

Yes, I tried the official Plex Container too, and nothing.  Trying TVHeadend and Antennnas as a proxy now to see if I can get it to work that way.

Are you sure that you have passed through the device /dev/dvb (as a device, not as a path) to your Plex container?