Unraid Valheim Dedicated Server Guide


16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Snipe3000 said:

Whats the update process?

 

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean exactly?

I would suppose that Snipe3000 thinks about the update of the server content when the gamedevs release a new version.

Link to post
34 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

 

I would suppose that Snipe3000 thinks about the update of the server content when the gamedevs release a new version.

The description actually says that you simply have to restart the container if a update of the game is released:

grafik.png.6f4a35fd370670defc9f902f2b935718.png

 

The reason why I asked @Snipe3000 is because I implemented also a update script (because many user requested it) that will check automagically if a newer version is available every hour and restart the container if a new version is found if this variable is set to 'true':

grafik.thumb.png.70b866242b541e8ad596ffd5d610858a.png

Link to post

Do you know the best way to capture game logs? My understanding is that the runtime has some output into standard out about who logs in etc but doesnt save this info anywhere, I added " >> /var/log/valheim.log > /dev/null &" to GAME_PARAMS to capture it but it doesnt seem to work. 

So that it runs like this:

/serverdata/serverfiles/valheim_server.x86_64 -name [servername] -port 2456 -world Dedicated -password [password] -public 1 >> /var/log/valheim.log > /dev/null &

Edited by maxwell
words
Link to post

Hi, I have a question regarding velheim game docker server, is was OK and running with I just install the docker, but when I stop the docker and copy in my world files from my desktop, I not able to login, and keep having this log is the loop. 

I have the world name the same in the docker and my desktop also, all other setting is default. 

 

Anything I been missing?

 

Anyone can help? :(

Screenshot_20210423-084930.png

Link to post
8 hours ago, maxwell said:

So that it runs like this:

It should be enough to add '>> /var/log/valheim.log', no guarantee that this works...

What you can actually do is to set the Variable Debug Log output to 'true' and then add '>> /var/log/valheim.log' (this is very verbose!).

But keep in mind that you save it to /var/log directory inside the container, wouldn't it be better to save the log to the server directory?

Isn't the Docker log enough?

 

7 hours ago, Ong Hui Hoong said:

Anything I been missing?

Something seems wrong with the save game.

From what I've see the container has also problems to connect to the internet, are you sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet without any blocking software like PiHole or Steam Cache in front of it?

Please go to the support thread from the container and read the second recommended post in the game server thread.

 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, spxlabs said:

@ich777 You made this? .    .    .    .    .    I made this.

What do you mean exactly? 😅

You made this beautiful guid/tutorial... 😍

 

I'm only here to give support for the container itself. ;)

Link to post
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

 

Quote

It should be enough to add '>> /var/log/valheim.log', no guarantee that this works...

What you can actually do is to set the Variable Debug Log output to 'true' and then add '>> /var/log/valheim.log' (this is very verbose!).

But keep in mind that you save it to /var/log directory inside the container, wouldn't it be better to save the log to the server directory?

Isn't the Docker log enough?

Thanks for the response, The Docker log doesnt have specific game information, I'm trying to see who logs on and when and store this information somewhere. Doing it like this doesnt seem to generate any output unfortunately...

 

Link to post
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean exactly? 😅

You made this beautiful guid/tutorial... 😍

 

I'm only here to give support for the container itself. ;)

It’s just a meme I saw once.  Glad you are answering all the questions because uh, idk anything.

Link to post
6 hours ago, maxwell said:

Thanks for the response, The Docker log doesnt have specific game information, I'm trying to see who logs on and when and store this information somewhere. Doing it like this doesnt seem to generate any output unfortunately...

Go to your template and click on 'Show more...' and set 'Debug Log output' to 'true' this will show you everything including who does log on and off, but as said above this is very verbose.

Link to post
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Go to your template and click on 'Show more...' and set 'Debug Log output' to 'true' this will show you everything including who does log on and off, but as said above this is very verbose.

That works, thank you!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.