Dynamix File Manager

Also love the plugin. But I have some trouble in using the plugin in Chinese display too.

For example, when I open the share "appdata" it will lose the corresponding period of time. But any other share folds and subfolds don't have the problem. So I have to edit appdata files by change the English display or in Docker Filebrowser or Winscp from Windows. All this happened in Chinese display.

Would you give me some help with the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a hard limit to what you can delete at once?  My Download services haven't been deleting the incomplete folder so I'm trying to do it manually.  I can do 10-50 at a time if I select each box manually.  However, if I select all 1526 Folders then it does the same screen thing to show it's working and the confirmation screen goes away but it doesn't delete any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:47 PM, bonienl said:

DFM is a work in progress and overtime additional features and functionality will be added. Please post your ideas about possible new features and enhancements in this topic.

I'd like to see a simple copy of the file address.  So where ever you are within the file structure of unraid I can click a button and this will copy the file address.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aeloth said:

user and user0 have disappeared here. 

Don't know what you mean.

If you are referring to the screenshot, user shares are not allowed as a destination for a move from assigned disks. And for good reason.

From the Feature Request that lead to Dynamix File Manager:

Still not clear what you mean, since this screenshot you have just posted is unrelated to Dynamix File Manager. All that is showing us is that assigned disks, pools, unassigned (disks, remotes, rootshare), and user shares are under /mnt, which, of course.

In Dynamix File Manager, if you are working from assigned disks or pools, you can't select User Shares, and if you are working from User Shares, you can't select assigned disks or pools.

This is a good thing.

I thought the coruption issue was IF one uses DISK SHARES.

Which I don't personally have turned on.

Anyway it's sound like a non issue it just been tidied to only show DISK when browsing a DISK & show USER when browsing USER shares.

Edited by dopeytree

Disk Shares just makes it possible for you encounter the problem explained in my linked post when working over the network. This is the main reason I recommend not sharing disks.

But these same problems exist if you try move/copy using the command line, or krusader (if you have it configured to expose disks and not just user shares) or any other way you can come up with to mix user shares and assigned disks/pools when moving or copying files.

Read my linked post above if you haven't already, it explains exactly why you shouldn't do this.

What I meant to say is that these two folders are there and were originally visible (in my opinion) in the move/copy dialog of DynamixFileManager. But there is no point in dwelling on that. The main idea @dopeytree understood.

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

Still not clear what you mean, since this screenshot you have just posted is unrelated to Dynamix File Manager. All that is showing us is that assigned disks, pools, unassigned (disks, remotes, rootshare), and user shares are under /mnt, which, of course.

In Dynamix File Manager, if you are working from assigned disks or pools, you can't select User Shares, and if you are working from User Shares, you can't select assigned disks or pools.

This is a good thing.

1 minute ago, Aeloth said:

these two folders are there and were originally visible (in my opinion) in the move/copy dialog of DynamixFileManager

No they weren't, and by design.

You can read more discussion about this on that thread I linked, but the culmination of that discussion is here and the following few posts:

@bonienl great plugin. is it possible to add the "preserve symlinks" option to a copy process? should be "cp -P" I think. (-P, --no-dereference)

I just realized that if I copy data from one disk to another with a lot of links then the links are "reverted" to real data. The destination disk size was not big enough for that :D

It would be nice, if i can also set permissions to make a file executable (chmod *+x).

Also why i can't edit .sh files, but when i remove the file extension it works?

Edit:
Okay i have to manual edit the /boot/config/editor.cfg.

Would be nice if this file has already the most file extensions in it, or a easier GUI configuration menu.

Edit2:

It also would be nice if the editor could check if the file is correctly formatted.

F.e. i had created a bash script in Windows with the wrong line endings (LE instead of LF), so the script didn't work correctly.
I couldn't see the difference within the editor, only nano showed that is something wrong.
After i converted them, they look the same in the editor of this plugin, but now they work.

Edited by Darkestnoir

Been having issues running multiple queued copy jobs from an unassigned device onto the array.

Maybe a dozen or two folders, several hundred files, all queued through the gui to different locations on the array. All "seems" well.

BUT if I go to the array, many of the items... just... didn't copy over. No errors, no indications that an operation failed.

It looks to be a queue issue, single jobs complete, and no half finished items.

I'm guessing this has been happening for a while, and I'm missing a huge number of files I believed were safely transferred to the array.

Anyone happen to have a hack that will add any sort of log or notification to this function? Or, a known issue of skipping queued transfers?

Edited by ChickenFarmerAdmin
On 3/11/2024 at 11:55 AM, trurl said:

Maybe I misunderstand the UI, but I don't think you can queue multiple destinations, only multiple sources. Hope for some clarification on that.

For each job in the queue, yes. One destination per job.

I did some surface level troubleshooting this morning. Did a number of test transfers, a set of 8 directories containing 8x1GB files to the array.
Tried; Copy all to one directory, Copy all to different sub directories, Half and Half, using the tree to select destination, typing in destination.....
Maybe 80% of the transfers worked as expected, still a few which skipped items in the queue.
I'll try and sit down and do this a bit more methodically, hopefully the data can help track this down.

Edited by ChickenFarmerAdmin