[Support] binhex - Crafty-4

All the config data is being placed into appdata. I was able to re-map it. Maybe this helps someone else also.

I have not gone beyond just getting this installed and the volumes remapped.

I created a new share called "minecraft-crafty"

In the extra parameters:

-v "/mnt/user/minecraft-crafty/backups:/config/crafty/backups" -v "/mnt/user/minecraft-crafty/logs:/config/crafty/logs" -v "/mnt/user/minecraft-crafty/servers:/config/crafty/servers" -v "/mnt/user/minecraft-crafty/config:/config/crafty/app/config" -v "/mnt/user/minecraft-crafty/import:/config/crafty/import"

• Like 1

I don't understand why I cant connect to my Minecraft servers on my unraid box.

I am out of town VPN in via Tailscale and exit node with allow local traffic if that matters

I run a port scanner and the ports are reading open to me from remote.

Might have to wait until im home and not go through Tailscale.  

I have been playing on my other server over tailscale but its on a seperate machine.

I have also tried putting the docker on the BR0 and Its own IP network but same results.

11 hours ago, dirkinthedark said:

I don't understand why I cant connect to my Minecraft servers on my unraid box.

I am out of town VPN in via Tailscale and exit node with allow local traffic if that matters

I run a port scanner and the ports are reading open to me from remote.

Might have to wait until im home and not go through Tailscale.  

I have been playing on my other server over tailscale but its on a seperate machine.

I have also tried putting the docker on the BR0 and Its own IP network but same results.

Ok so its an issue with Tailscale.   I vmed into another machine installed minecraft and was able to connect no sweat.  

I don't know why its an issue with Tailscale, this just means ill have to attack my server from outside in, not a big deal.

8 hours ago, dirkinthedark said:

Yes I thought this is where I would specify what ports I want.  I guess I have to delete the ports that come default and do my own mappings.

it is where you specify what ports you want, but you cannot have a larger range on the host side (left) compared with the container side (right), for example:-

this would work:- -p 2005-2015:25565-25575

why does it work?, cos the number of ports (10) is equal on both sides, access to the range of ports would then be via port 2005-2015

this does NOT work:- -p 2005-2020:25565-25575

why does it NOT work?, cos the number of ports on the host side is 15, but the number of ports on the container side is 10, they must be equal

now if the range is too large or too small on the container side, then yeah your only course of action is to completely delete the ports and create a brand new port, as you cannot change the container ports (right side) once defined.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been using binhex/arch-crafty-4 for a while with minor issues that I was able to solve, but now I have an issue I have not yet figured out how to solve. I don't think I changed anything, except maybe updating the container. I am no longer able to log in. I grabbed the hashed password from the /crafty/app/config/db/crafty.sqlite file and verified it using some python:

from argon2 import PasswordHasher
ph = PasswordHasher()
h = "$argon2id$v=19$m=65536,t=3,p=4$LHoBFZzaAx2nigL1mE4OPg$VITBFjBRASzx9+FyYXv5WqWzZxNO3Xzb+ZOWQhqVZ30"
ph.verify(h, "crafty") # True

(tried with my actual password and hashed password, but not pasting that here obviously)

However, on the login page, it always says "Incorrect username or password. Please try again.". Even renaming the config folder and starting the container again to start fresh (the login should return to defaults), but still same error message trying with default creds.

Anyone know why login fails with correct password?

In the DevTools, on the Network tab, it says settings.js and todolist.js are not found (404). Is this possibly the cause for the correct password not being accepted?

Edited by Eli112358
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, I tried searching the internet and these forums, I cant login. I have wiped and reinstalled multiple times now, username password wont work, default credentials wont work. I've removed the old images from /appdata. Nothing works, so for now the kids have both lost their previous work, but can't play together.

14 hours ago, Oxxy said:

I have the same problem, I tried searching the internet and these forums, I cant login. I have wiped and reinstalled multiple times now, username password wont work, default credentials wont work. I've removed the old images from /appdata. Nothing works, so for now the kids have both lost their previous work, but can't play together.

you might be hitting a cookies related issue, try using a different browser or using 'incognito mode', just to confirm the defaults:-

Web UI Credentials

Username: admin
Password: crafty

Looks like Crafty Developers have now switched to using a dynamically generated password if a password is not set, this can be seen in the log at /config/supervisord.log:-

HELP:	No default password found. Using password created by Crafty. Find it in app/config/default-creds.txt

so if you then look in /config/crafty/app/config/default-creds.txt you will see the credentials to login, i shall update the readme

On 1/11/2024 at 9:55 PM, binhex said:

you might be hitting a cookies related issue, try using a different browser or using 'incognito mode', just to confirm the defaults:-

Web UI Credentials

Username: admin
Password: crafty

Looks like Crafty Developers have now switched to using a dynamically generated password if a password is not set, this can be seen in the log at /config/supervisord.log:-

HELP:	No default password found. Using password created by Crafty. Find it in app/config/default-creds.txt

so if you then look in /config/crafty/app/config/default-creds.txt you will see the credentials to login, i shall update the readme

Thanks mate, i had literally just built another unraid server (for a new project), on new hardware, and the same happened so was going to update the post.

Another hurdle seems to be the password cannot be changed, and throws an error.

"INVALID_JSON_SCHEMA" in a popup.

Thanks for your efforts too.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, mattekure said:

FYI, default username/pw are detailed in the getting started doc. 

https://wiki.craftycontrol.com/en/4/docs/Getting Started#logging-in

Logging In

Once you reach the Crafty webpage you will be greeted with a login screen. The default credentials in config.json are:

Username: admin

Password: crafty

We highly recommend changing this immediately after logging in.

I've tried the default username/password as specified but it says 'invalid username and password'.  In the appdata folder I noticed that default.json had the .example suffix added so I renamed this file and restarted the service...but still cannot log into the webui.  Any ideas why the default username/password (after a fresh install) is not be accepted?

Thanks in advance for your help!

--------

edited:  nevermind :) I just noticed the post above indicating that a dynamic password is now generated and stored in default-creds.txt -- now that I know this I was able to view that file with the proper credentials and get logged in.  Would be nice if the docs contained these updated details.

Edited by cwdean
I've tried the default username/password as specified but it says 'invalid username and password'.  In the appdata folder I noticed that default.json had the .example suffix added so I renamed this file and restarted the service...but still cannot log into the webui.  Any ideas why the default username/password (after a fresh install) is not be accepted?

Thanks in advance for your help!
See my previous post

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

it seems like having so many open ports would be a security risk. I can't shut it down to 19132-19132, and 25568-25568. It fails and "orphans" the container, so I have to reinstall from Recently Installed Apps.

Is it not a security problem to have loads of unused open ports?

8 hours ago, rutherford said:

it seems like having so many open ports would be a security risk. I can't shut it down to 19132-19132, and 25568-25568. It fails and "orphans" the container, so I have to reinstall from Recently Installed Apps.

Not really.
It depends how the open ports are handled.

1 minute ago, NLS said:

That depends, if you trust every device on your LAN (normal) AND you do not port forward all the ports then the risk is close to zero as nobody from the outside world (untrustworthy) can connect.

that being said, if you want to change the port range then simply delete the existing port range (cannot change an existing port or range of ports) and then create a new port range to your liking.

• Upvote 1
On 2/21/2024 at 4:05 PM, binhex said:

That depends, if you trust every device on your LAN (normal) AND you do not port forward all the ports then the risk is close to zero as nobody from the outside world (untrustworthy) can connect.

that being said, if you want to change the port range then simply delete the existing port range (cannot change an existing port or range of ports) and then create a new port range to your liking.

That was a bad misquote. :( I wasn't the one I said that it is a risk, I said the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently spun up a 1.20.4 vanilla server and had nothing but issues.

Random disconnects are today's issue. Also had crashes.

Crash logs are confusing and don't seem to show anything helpful. Server has plenty of memory and CPU available.

Is there another option I should explore instead or is this just the name of the game running a Minecraft server on Unraid?
Hate to pay for a service when I have a powerful unraid box sitting in my closet. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 10:43 PM, Oxxy said:

Thanks mate, i had literally just built another unraid server (for a new project), on new hardware, and the same happened so was going to update the post.

Another hurdle seems to be the password cannot be changed, and throws an error.

"INVALID_JSON_SCHEMA" in a popup.

Thanks for your efforts too.

I got that error when trying to put a very short password (admin).  put in something longer and it works...

I recently moved to this version of the Crafty Controller container since the other version from the arcadiatechnology repository stopped working after the most recent update. I was able to import my server from the former installation so all is good now. I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue?

• 4 weeks later...