[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5

KluthR

Hi, any idea what I am missing here:

[24.11.2023 01:45:14][ℹ️][Main] 👋 WELCOME TO APPDATA.BACKUP!! :D
[24.11.2023 01:45:14][ℹ️][Main] Backing up from: /mnt/cache/appdata
[24.11.2023 01:45:14][ℹ️][Main] Backing up to: /mnt/user/AppdataBackup/ab_20231124_014514
[24.11.2023 01:45:14][][Main] Cannot create destination folder!
[24.11.2023 01:45:14][ℹ️][Main] Checking retention...
[24.11.2023 01:45:14][ℹ️][Main] DONE! Thanks for using this plugin and have a safe day ;)
[24.11.2023 01:45:14][ℹ️][Main] ❤️

Unraid 6.11.5 (I've not upgraded to 6.12 yet...and thus not upgraded to new CA Appdata)

Opened the dashboard and had this message: " Your flash drive is corrupted or offline." Appears my USB has failed (*sigh*)

I have CA Appdata installed (Since v2.5 came out), but now that the USB has crashed, of course, I don't see any USB related apps running.  i.e. the Dashboard page displays junk and nothing is working.  Unraid still running, apps (i.e. plex) still running).  However, anything related to the USB drive does not run.

Diagnostics attached.  I have not yet rebooted.

If I go to Settings>CA Backup Appdata v2.5, I get a junk page (see attached screenshot).

Not sure what to do at this point.  I have a backup, but don't know how to restore!

Thanks in advance!

UNRaid CA Backup page - chrome_2023-11-29_13-43-17.png

hunternas-diagnostics-20231128-2140.zip

Do you have a recent flash backup? If yes, restore it on a new usb drive and boot up. This should made it.

if not, reinstall unraid (same old version) on a new usb drive, install the old backup plugin and restore.

you could also reinstall with latest UnraidOS and restore the things by yourself (new plugin does not read old backup archives for restore).

this is how I would proceed, if anyone has better ideas, please post.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is a noob question. First time running CA Back UP.  I selected my mnt/user/appdata and the target is Save To Disk # 1  User Share: Disk 1 and the folder is "CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup/"

all is well it looked like it ran but how come i see a folder in Disk 1 which i expected ... but i also see the same folder in the main directory. Pic attached

ca_disk1.PNG

ca_disk1_pic2.PNG

Here is what I am using. I was on unraid 6.9.x i think but i upgraded last night to the most stable release. 6.12.6.  ( I did the Backup , and flash back up before I did the upgrade)

attached pics.  I also see --- I did not upgrade my CA Back up yet - I was using the old one.  I need to delete the old app and get the new app. I will just delete these folders and try again.  DUH on me. Still not sure why I have a new share though...

ca_ver_Backupfolder.PNG

ca_ver.PNG

new share.PNG

Edited by fschris
On 11/29/2023 at 2:19 PM, KluthR said:

Do you have a recent flash backup? If yes, restore it on a new usb drive and boot up. This should made it.

if not, reinstall unraid (same old version) on a new usb drive, install the old backup plugin and restore.

you could also reinstall with latest UnraidOS and restore the things by yourself (new plugin does not read old backup archives for restore).

this is how I would proceed, if anyone has better ideas, please post.

I had a backup on another USB (manual copy) so I just went ahead and upgraded to 6.12.6 and then upgraded to the latest CA Backup Appdata. 

Everything appears to be working fine - I don't get the error anymore?? The error disappeared after the upgrade, so assume it was a bug somewhere. 

Backups completed on schedule. Upgrade to 6.12.6 had a couple plugins that I had to update, but everything went smoothly.  Thanks!

Edited by jeffreywhunter
1 hour ago, DigitalDivide said:

I'm trying to replace my cache drive with a different one and so would like to do a backup and restore. I downloaded your app but not quite sure what to select to backup.

I seem to have two options

Scenario 1 is on the cache and scenario 2 is on the user share. I'm unsure which to select. 

https://imgur.com/a/AQZcqOk

Well if your dockers are stored like most it would be /mnt/cache/appdata/ then again that's where mine is. 

2 hours ago, KluthR said:

It does not create new shares. It even does not create the destination folder if not yet existing. How do you created „share_backup“?

I did not do anything weird in kicking this process off. I am not sure why it did that??  I did create a folder on Disk 1 and the data from the app data backup looks to be in both locations.

dir_share.PNG

Edited by fschris
1 hour ago, kizer said:

Well if your dockers are stored like most it would be /mnt/cache/appdata/ then again that's where mine is. 

Ok so under /mnt/cache I have appdata and system. Do I backup both or just appdata? 

Is there a guide somewhere that goes through this? Space Invaders video is a little different I guess as it's an older version and I"m not sure if it's still valid

49 minutes ago, DigitalDivide said:

Ok so under /mnt/cache I have appdata and system. Do I backup both or just appdata? 

This plugin is for appdata specifically. Source should be /mnt/cache/appdata and /mnt/user/appdata since that's where appdata should be found on a standard setup. See the help text on the field.

Edited by Kilrah

Not sure if this matters but I think I'm using the newest version of appdata backup and I just realized there's a diff thread for it. 

Hopefully I can ask a few more questions. I only have like 4 or 5 dockers, like Sonarr, Radarr, Deluge VPN, Emby. 

Once the backup finishes, is it simply a matter of swapping out my drive, assigning to cache and then just restoring to it and that's it? Nothing else needs to be done? Do I have to do anything with the docker image?

This really is a little overwhelming. THis is what happens when your server is working and you don't bother changing anything for years and then forced to. 

Edited by DigitalDivide
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello - quick question.

Say I have 15 containers, of which 10 are running full time and 5 are only ran when on an as needed basis. Using this plugin, is it possible to only re-launch those that are running before the backup was cron'd?