[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

For some reason the "Delete backups if older than X days" is not working? and the "keep at least this many backups".

I currently have it set to 2 days and keep only 1 backup.  But they just keep piling up. Doesn't show anything in the logs or any errors. What can I do?

On 6/18/2024 at 5:01 PM, Bulletoverload said:

I second the ability to rename backups. The old naming scheme was much better. I like the ability at quick glance to see that backups have run and are up to date. The current scheme is not user friendly for date and time at quick glance. I would enjoy the ability to set a custom scheme if possible.

Why? Its perfetcly ordered (for me?). And the date string is also clearly visible. Even the datetime in file browser shows it:

grafik.thumb.png.1bf126f676694c71542ab0dc9e510061.png

On 6/21/2024 at 6:38 PM, mtdunphy said:

Got the following error this morning when I woke up.  It was backing up to my remote NAS and now nothing.  I tried different shares on my remote NAS.  Attached a screenshot and debug log code below.

image.png.3e66dc794c783a64084ea2c0cc67f832.png

297940e3-33da-4cc2-9a89-234d4bd087b0

On 6/22/2024 at 10:07 AM, LordBooker said:

Hi,
got an error when im trying to backup.
image.png.c59f6eeeaf3c5b0078360e79d1104ae8.png

Nothing changed, since last backup.

Thanks for help!

Is the destination really there? Can you manually create files there?

On 6/25/2024 at 1:40 PM, jcouch93 said:

Ran a manual backup that was successful, I THINK that the issue was caused by the CA Update plugin that I had accidentally set to run at the same time as the backup. Fixed that and ran the manual backup and it was successful with some warnings. Still not sure why the original didn't output any logs but that may just stay a mystery.

Have a look into the destination and the affected backup. The log is being copied over there.

Good afternoon

I am receiving the following errors on the verify step for some (but not all) dockers. I have read this thread, but still don't understand what I have wrong in my setup? This only appears to happen on scheduled backups. If I run a manual backup it seems to work fine.

[02.07.2024 01:07:08][ℹ️][tdarr] Stopping tdarr...  done! (took 3 seconds)
[02.07.2024 01:07:11][ℹ️][tdarr] Should NOT backup external volumes, sanitizing them...
[02.07.2024 01:07:11][ℹ️][tdarr] Calculated volumes to back up: /mnt/user/appdata/tdarr/logs, /mnt/user/appdata/tdarr/server, /mnt/user/appdata/tdarr/configs
[02.07.2024 01:07:11][ℹ️][tdarr] Backing up tdarr...
[02.07.2024 01:07:11][ℹ️][tdarr] Backup created without issues
[02.07.2024 01:07:11][ℹ️][tdarr] Verifying backup...
[02.07.2024 01:07:11][][tdarr] tar verification failed! Tar said: tar: /mnt/user/appdata/tdarr/logs: Not found in archive; tar: /mnt/user/appdata/tdarr/server: Not found in archive; tar: /mnt/user/appdata/tdarr/configs: Not found in archive; tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
[02.07.2024 01:08:00][ℹ️][tdarr] Installing planned update for tdarr...
[02.07.2024 01:09:05][ℹ️][tdarr] Starting tdarr... (try #1)  done!
[02.07.2024 01:09:08][ℹ️][syncthing] Stopping syncthing...  done! (took 4 seconds)
[02.07.2024 01:09:12][ℹ️][syncthing] Should NOT backup external volumes, sanitizing them...
[02.07.2024 01:09:12][ℹ️][syncthing] Calculated volumes to back up: /mnt/user/appdata/syncthing
[02.07.2024 01:09:12][ℹ️][syncthing] Backing up syncthing...
[02.07.2024 01:09:12][ℹ️][syncthing] Backup created without issues
[02.07.2024 01:09:12][ℹ️][syncthing] Verifying backup...
[02.07.2024 01:09:12][][syncthing] tar verification failed! Tar said: tar: /mnt/user/appdata/syncthing: Not found in archive; tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
[02.07.2024 01:09:17][ℹ️][syncthing] Installing planned update for syncthing...
[02.07.2024 01:10:35][ℹ️][syncthing] Starting syncthing... (try #1)  done!

I have forwarded the Debug Log. ID: 

24eb6a5c-a79a-40e1-9404-3ab70a9467f9

Any help much appreciated.

SS

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2024 at 1:07 AM, LordBooker said:

Hi,
got an error when im trying to backup.
image.png.c59f6eeeaf3c5b0078360e79d1104ae8.png

Nothing changed, since last backup.

Thanks for help!

I’m also having the exact same issue. It was previously working. I’ve got the same path as him also. 

also looks like it’s saying my back ups share is full even thought I’ve got 2tb left on my server. 

mkdir: cannot create directory '/mnt/user/backup/unraid_appdata_backup/Test': No space left on device

SOLVED: I’m a dummy and my minimum storage for my backup share was 500gb

Edited by bobdole199534
18 hours ago, KluthR said:

@Spiritreader Is this still an issue?

As of version 2024.03.17 which is the latest unless my AppData Backup updates broke it sadly is still an issue.

Past a certain point adding containers to existing groups nor rearranging them in there works. Maybe you have to hit some kind of threshold, I can't really tell.

I have 114 containers, 3 groups in which are 14, 5 and 3 containers.

unRAID: 6.12.10

Browser: Firefox for Android Beta, always the latest version from when I first encountered this to now.

Funnily enough I just tried changing the order in one group and that only caused the last item in that group to drop out rather than rearranging anything. In that case I tried moving an item to the very bottom, below the item that instead disappeared that was the last one before the move attempt.

At least only that group was affected by that odd behavior, the bug didn't cascade to other groups. Naturally the groups serve a purpose, so I'm going to hold off on trying to move anymore.

13 hours ago, Glassed Silver said:

As of version 2024.03.17 which is the latest unless my AppData Backup updates broke it sadly is still an issue

All affected users: Please open

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/appdata.backup/src/pages/content/settings.php

and scroll to line 23. It should read

if($_POST) {

Hit enter/add a new line and paste below that:

file_put_contents('/tmp/abdebugPOST.txt', print_r($_POST, true));

and save. Open the settings page, reorder and save the settings. Please send me the file located @ /tmp/abdebugPOST.txt via PM.

Maybe it gives me an idea whats going wrong. If that doesnt help me, we try something else.

41 minutes ago, kicsrules said:

same error

" Destination is unavailable or not writable!" ....

Can you create files/folders in the set destination? Example via "mkdir *your_destination/testfile"?

Posted (edited)

@KluthR Yes, I do:

image.thumb.png.113be3e8f7e62d02ecfef8d18146741e.png

This is an example for Syncthing that is failing. 

Apologies for late response. I just travelled to Rock Werchter in Belgium, so I am now in the middle of a field 🙂

Many thanks

SS

image.png

Edited by ssmith369
On 7/2/2024 at 5:24 AM, KluthR said:

Why? Its perfetcly ordered (for me?). And the date string is also clearly visible. Even the datetime in file browser shows it:

grafik.thumb.png.1bf126f676694c71542ab0dc9e510061.png

I sync my backups to onedrive. The file explorer dates are when they were synced, not when the file was created. I can look at the file names but they aren't great to eyeball. Its a nit picky thing for sure but a preference nonetheless. Can I ask what the point of the "ab" and "030001" is? Maybe I'd change my mind if I understood better.

10 hours ago, ssmith369 said:

I have 6 containers failing with the same error:

In all of these you've excluded everything that is in external volumes, but "save external volumes" is set to No anyway so none of these exclusions are useful. 

The plugin shouldn't break in that case but you can also just remove the exclusions and it'll likely stop the errors.

• Like 1

@Kilrah - than you for your response. That kinda makes sense. I added them as the log the first time I ran the backup mentioned them, but I can see the double exclusion may cause an error. I have removed all the exclusions from the 6 containers and set the backup to run at 1am tomorrow, So we will see tomorrow.

MAny thanks

SS

7 hours ago, Bulletoverload said:

I sync my backups to onedrive. The file explorer dates are when they were synced, not when the file was created. I can look at the file names but they aren't great to eyeball. Its a nit picky thing for sure but a preference nonetheless. Can I ask what the point of the "ab" and "030001" is? Maybe I'd change my mind if I understood better.

That's a good idea. I currently backup to my Unraid server then use Syncthing to sync to a NAS. Is that easy enough to setup, syncing to Onedrive?

Many thanks

SS

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bulletoverload said:

Can I ask what the point of the "ab" and "030001"

ab is appdata backup, 030001 is the time, 3am 0min 1 sec

Sorted by name they'll be in chronological order, 2nd block is the date...

Edited by Kilrah
5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

ab is appdata backup, 030001 is the time, 3am 0min 1 sec

Sorted by name they'll be in chronological order, 2nd block is the date...

That's funny. I also just so happen to run my backups at 3am so when the above picture was posted and it looked identical my brain didn't process it was the time, I thought it was just extra numbers. Derp moment for me.

Its definitely just a small preference thing. I would like the ability to make it whatever I wanted but its not a huge deal. The fact the plugin works as well as it does is really all that matters. I just really liked the old format. 07.04.2024@0300 or whatever it was. Felt easier for me to see right away.

6 hours ago, ssmith369 said:

That's a good idea. I currently backup to my Unraid server then use Syncthing to sync to a NAS. Is that easy enough to setup, syncing to Onedrive?

Many thanks

SS

I use rclone. I have a post-run script that syncs the backup directories to onedrive after CA backup is done doing its thing. it works very well and gives me peace of mind.

On 7/4/2024 at 9:45 AM, ssmith369 said:

@Kilrah - than you for your response. That kinda makes sense. I added them as the log the first time I ran the backup mentioned them, but I can see the double exclusion may cause an error. I have removed all the exclusions from the 6 containers and set the backup to run at 1am tomorrow, So we will see tomorrow.

MAny thanks

SS

All working now after removing the exclusions. Than you all for your help 🙂

SS

18 hours ago, Bulletoverload said:

I use rclone. I have a post-run script that syncs the backup directories to onedrive after CA backup is done doing its thing. it works very well and gives me peace of mind.

Thank you, I will give that a go when I get back home. Maybe Syncthing can syn to One Drive? Worth looking into.

Many thanks

SS