[Plugin] FolderView

Hello, I just installed this plugin and I would like to know if there is any way to be able to translate it. It's a bit annoying to see all the options below in Spanish and then one in English (Add Folder).

I had thought that maybe it could be done with CustomCSS, but I'm not entirely sure.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:25 AM, scolcipitato said:

Forgive me, but I can't understand the problem you are having,

Here I see everything collapsed, and it looks right, the Docker and VMs sections are collapsed so nothing is shown.

And here I don't see the Docker or the VMs section.

I tried debugging the file you gave me, but I didn't find any error, but I don't know if I'm looking for a bug in the logic or a bug in the UI part.

I think you can do it, you just need to move things around a bit.

If you want, you can DM me on discord, I have the same username.

Found how to fix.  It had to do with dynamix color schemes.  Putting the UNRAID display setting  back to default white fixes my dashboard problem opening up fully expanded row by row.  All other color schemes other than the default white expands the dashboard in this mannner. Or at least for me.

image.png.c6438b952a394eb5a564b41feb8448fd.png

this is the dashboard view I have now & want ... only wish I could have the black or gray background.  too bright 😁

image.thumb.png.5628d4ce3525eddd2696d169f7865457.png

still searching for this plugin .. maybe updated version available ? ... have not seen it yet.  Maybe part of another plugin from dynamix ?

thanks,

E

11 hours ago, Jaycedk said:

Hmm try zoom to 90% seen this happen at 100% zoom.

@Jaycedk thanks for putting me on the right track.  I could not find the zoom settings ... should have checked the zoom settings in Chrome browser but you did put me on the right track to go back to default.  I made a simple problem more complicated.

Simply went to dafult settings and selected DEFAULT | Done ... then selected Black and Apply.  The dashbord is the way I want it now.  OMG I have been stuck with the fully expanded row by row dashboard since I upgrade to 6.12 ... thought this was the new dashboard all expanded.   lol

but I am happy now ... got my dsahboar back to this view ...

image.thumb.png.39023c14a18855342ef5fc1b619e4878.png

thanks,

E

Maybe same issue others were having that an update seemed to fix for them. I just installed Folder View, so I'm on the latest version.

I finally finished up all my folder organizing, saved my changes to a folder and went back to main Docker window to find three of the folders I made permanently expanded with no heading. The containers just appear in a list as usual (without folder view), but when I go to create a new folder or edit an existing one, those containers aren't in the list since they are already assigned to a folder I just can't see.

Thanks!

---EDIT--

I stopped one of the containers and that refreshed the page and the folders were back. Although I had refreshed the page, gone to other pages, and even closed the browser and reopened and none of that brought the folders back. Go figure.

Edited by Mattaton
21 hours ago, E-ManN said:

@Jaycedk thanks for putting me on the right track.  I could not find the zoom settings ... should have checked the zoom settings in Chrome browser but you did put me on the right track to go back to default.  I made a simple problem more complicated.

Simply went to dafult settings and selected DEFAULT | Done ... then selected Black and Apply.  The dashbord is the way I want it now.  OMG I have been stuck with the fully expanded row by row dashboard since I upgrade to 6.12 ... thought this was the new dashboard all expanded.   lol

but I am happy now ... got my dsahboar back to this view ...

image.thumb.png.39023c14a18855342ef5fc1b619e4878.png

thanks,

E

would also like to add that @Jaycedk was correct about the zoom settings. This can be used to fix the dashboard tiles row by row. When @ 100% zoom, lower it to about 90% and the tiles will fall neatly back into place.

image.png.9c3214ed210d4339c69e60130d5224be.png

• Like 1

Hello, thank you very much for working on this plugin. This was the reason I didn't want to upgrade from 6.11.5 to 6.12.3.

However, I read all 8 pages on this topic and didn't see anyone mention the ability to run scripts (it seems only I used it XD).

image.thumb.png.77885392d20e3f36c2c6a1c1510ddb90.png

img from sonic6

My use case is running scripts, as I currently have 4 miners working (2 trex miners, which take up my graphics cards) (2 xmr miners, which take up my processor cores).

The thing is that when I want to play with my virtual machine, I have to stop one of the trex miners and one of the xmr miners, so that it frees up resources for my virtual machine, the same thing happens when my nephew wants to play in his virtual machine.

likewise when we stop playing we turn off the virtual machines, the miners start automatically... this is a separate topic but I like to mention it so that they have the context.

All this is done by scripts from the "User Scripts" plugin.

Similarly, with the old plugin you could do all of this, including running mining related scripts. like stop the activation of the 4 miners or start it. therefore, the scripts were executed as buttons in dockers and in the virtual machine.

Thanks if you can confirm if you plan to work on this and if I can help you in any way.

I leave you the screenshots related to this topic since I am a person who understands through images.

image.png.46e32ed45ce538a3e593be2f1f13c2d8.png

image.thumb.png.ae7d16c67aef053c23cdaa73ad9d60cc.png

Also, I wanted to mention that in the old plugin you could decide which buttons (Start, Stop, Pause, Force) you could activate and which ones you couldn't. For example, I only had the force and stop buttons active, since the start button was executed through the script

image.thumb.png.5f23b1e788194b1ef74d8bf7864f222b.png

10 minutes ago, JhonScript said:

However, I read all 8 pages on this topic and didn't see anyone mention the ability to run scripts (it seems only I used it XD).

I never used it, so I didn't know how it worked, so I haven't included it.

I can try and integrate the user script plugin and add buttons in the context menu.

Again I don't know if this is how it worked before, but you have to wait, I'm working on the advanced context for the docker, so I will integrate with that update.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

Nunca lo usé, así que no sabía cómo funcionaba, así que no lo he incluido.

Puedo intentar integrar el complemento de secuencia de comandos de usuario y agregar botones en el menú contextual.

Nuevamente, no sé si así es como funcionaba antes, pero hay que esperar. Estoy trabajando en el contexto avanzado para la ventana acoplable, así que lo integraré con esa actualización.

Thank you very much, how can I help? Do you have questions about how it worked?

6 hours ago, thearchduke said:

Hello, how do I set the startup order of my docker containers across folders with the FolderView plugin? I want to make sure my DBs in one folder have the highest priority startup compared to game servers in a separate folder.

The autostart is handled by unraid and how it sees the docker order, so to make sure PUT (if you created the folder reorder something in the docker tab, this is because when you create a folder and don't reorder t what you see and what unraid see is different) the folder with the db before the one with the game servers, the case is similar when the db is inside the folder, you have to make sure the db is before the container you want to start after the db, and then reorder something in the docker tab (same reason as before).

Beware that although the folder start/stop work similarly, the start is not staggered and the start happens back to back, so it might happen that the db is slower than other containers, this applies if the db is in the same folder.

On 9/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, Mat W said:

Any way to "buy you a cup of coffee"?

Thank you, but no, I won't accept donation, I don't need them.

20 hours ago, PilaScat said:

Could you re-implement this?
image.png.9a3b52f658e3b3e6d221adcdcf795879.png

I was working on implementing it, I stopped the work because of Stanfield, but I will get it out, just need to finish the graph and some minor CSS stuff.

20 hours ago, PilaScat said:

And maybe if you can use this style for the bar? Now it is a bit little and too much blue

image.png.e714602b05cc42bb3ecc81fda356d9da.png

I wanted to keep the stock plugin close to the unraid style, but you can make a custom CSS theme, and maybe publish it for others to use, if you are interested in the first post there are the instructions on how to do it.

6 minutes ago, Lorien31 said:

Great Plugin, although i have to reinstall it after every reboot of unraid. It does land in the error plugin tab after a reboot.

Installing it again works till next reboot.

Is this known or normal for this kind of Plugin ?

This is not supposed to happen, I have tried to reboot my server and everything is fine, someone had a similar problem before you can look for that.

If this doesn't solve the issue, I suggest looking at the syslog for any error.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/2/2023 at 5:49 PM, PilaScat said:

And maybe if you can use this style for the bar? Now it is a bit little and too much blue

Like @scolcipitato said ,check https://github.com/hernandito/folder.view.custom ,

Thanks to @scolcipitato for made it possible and to @hernandito he made great docker-custom.css looks like the old Docker folder , also you can change it for your needs , i changed a little,  looks like this: 

image.thumb.png.fe60e9867c038ae4617f27b7393db566.png

also you can change color of dropdown buttons like this:

image.thumb.png.480b8e39501e2a288d2747afac91fb60.png

Edited by Masterwishx

Hi all - I use dockerfolder all the time. I upgraded to 6.12.4 and the main dashboard folders are gone. I assume i have to upgrade to this version. Does anyone know if i can import my old Docker Folder setup into FolderView, and if so, how? I remember upgrading to 6.9 a while ago and losing my Docker Folders and when recommended to uninstall and reinstall, i had to re-setup everything which took quite a while. Just trying to avoid that if possible

1 minute ago, Linguafoeda said:

Hi all - I use dockerfolder all the time. I upgraded to 6.12.4 and the main dashboard folders are gone. I assume i have to upgrade to this version. Does anyone know if i can import my old Docker Folder setup into FolderView, and if so, how? I remember upgrading to 6.9 a while ago and losing my Docker Folders and when recommended to uninstall and reinstall, i had to re-setup everything which took quite a while. Just trying to avoid that if possible

On 9/3/2023 at 1:36 PM, Lorien31 said:

Checked boot logs, looks like plugins get reinstalled during reboot. Folderview wants to download itself for install, that fails on my unraid. I do not have Internet Access when Unraid is booting.

image.thumb.png.3306c68bb2ba0b9ebbdd22ceb2617cb4.png

9 hours ago, Arbadacarba said:

I'm having the same issue with it disappearing at reboot... I too have no internet until my server is up and running, and my pfsense vm is started

I will fix it, so it will work even without internet access, it should be an easy fix, although I have no way to test it, i need my server online, so we will see.

• Like 1