[Support] - Unifi-Controller: Unifi. Unraid. Reborn.

21 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You don't actually need to stop the docker. You can just change the repository field and click "Apply".

But for safety, stop docker, do a backup (appdata backup/restores, zfs snapshot, manual or whatever), then change it.

• Like 1

i've just seen the reddit post about the current installs expiring 1/1/24.

i'm running controller 5.14.23 with 12 or so sites on it.

can i migrate to this reborn or do i need to do something else?

edit - went for it to 8.0.24. it went without a hitch and is working great.

thank you.

Edited by Jammy B
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Jammy B said:

i've just seen the reddit post about the current installs expiring 1/1/24.

i'm running controller 5.14.23 with 12 or so sites on it.

can i migrate to this reborn or do i need to do something else?

edit - went for it to 8.0.24. it went without a hitch and is working great.

thank you.

No problem. If you always take a backup before changes you should be fine no matter what. 

On 1/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, DWomack said:

Thank you for your help on this New Years Day.  

Your suggestion above does stop it on the Ubuntu box.  Likewise 

sudo service unifi start

will start it back up. 

I am still having issues with adopting.  It doesn’t want to adopt.  I think the fly in the ointment is the meshing ability.  When it is trying to adopt it is trying to get there through an AP that hasn’t been adopted.  

How in UniFi can you force wired only?  No meshing at all.  I know meshing can provide some redundancy if wired fails but this ridiculous. 

Dennis

I have been having issues adopting devices in this controller as well.  The solution for me has been to ssh into each device and manually set the inform address:

set-inform http://ip-of-controller:8080/inform

I just noticed though my switch was once again in the adopting loop and I had to do this a second time, which was weird.

1 hour ago, Tunatron said:

I have been having issues adopting devices in this controller as well.  The solution for me has been to ssh into each device and manually set the inform address:

set-inform http://ip-of-controller:8080/inform

I just noticed though my switch was once again in the adopting loop and I had to do this a second time, which was weird.

Dont forget to check the inform host override is set correctly on the controller. 

4 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

Dont forget to check the inform host override is set correctly on the controller. 

Discovered that a little while ago and had come back to edit my post to add, ha.  Seems like everything is working as it should for me now.

• Like 1

Thank you for the image.  I am running this on unraid and have found all the versions are exiting with code 143 after a certain amount of hours (not sure how long yet).  I can't find anything wrong though, no errors or issues.  Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Annih said:

Thank you for the image.  I am running this on unraid and have found all the versions are exiting with code 143 after a certain amount of hours (not sure how long yet).  I can't find anything wrong though, no errors or issues.  Any ideas?

Are you running out of resources or something? How much ram is in use typically that sort of thing.

Been watching this for a couple months. Switched off linuxserver.io image after backup, followed directions and started this one up and restored image, had to manually reboot once more and then everything was and has been good since. Thanks!!

• Like 1

I've been meaning to migrate my controller from windows to unraid for awhile now and this couldn't have made it any easier.  Probably like others, I saw that the previous one was being deprecated and replaced by unifi-network-application.  I wasn't very thrilled to piece it together with mongo but was about to give it a go and then I found this.  After changing the tag to my version (8.0.26), setting my IP, and uploading my backup, it was running within minutes!  Thank you, much appreciate the hard work.  

• Like 1

I just found this awesome UniFi version, everything worked like a charm!

I have a (maybe stupid) question though:

I am using the "11notes/unifi:8.0.26-unraid" tag but i'm wondering; what happens when a new version arrives? I am used to using the "latest" tag so that it updates to the latest version automatically. 

Also, is there a way to change the icon of UniFi Reborn in the docker overview?

Just now, EmilioValentino said:

I just found this awesome UniFi version, everything worked like a charm!

I have a (maybe stupid) question though:

I am using the "11notes/unifi:8.0.26-unraid" tag but i'm wondering; what happens when a new version arrives? I am used to using the "latest" tag so that it updates to the latest version automatically. 

Ubiquity releases a new update once a month on average. You can come back periodically to this thread and check what tag is safe to upgrade to. Its not automatic and you will have to check it every so often. If desired, simply use one of the less updated tags and come back twice a year if you prefer. 

No clue about changing the icon. Sounds unimportant and not an issue. 

43 minutes ago, EmilioValentino said:

You mean like this?

image.png.6c56b8ba33682be47873d01dd96e8afe.png

I got the image from Google images (it is a .png) and uploaded it on an image hosting site.  I then edited the Docker container and switched to Advanced view and changed the Icon URL to the icon on the image hosting site.

Edited by Hoopster
56 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

Ubiquity releases a new update once a month on average. You can come back periodically to this thread and check what tag is safe to upgrade to. Its not automatic and you will have to check it every so often. If desired, simply use one of the less updated tags and come back twice a year if you prefer. 

No clue about changing the icon. Sounds unimportant and not an issue. 

Ok thanks!

18 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You mean like this?

image.png.6c56b8ba33682be47873d01dd96e8afe.png

I got the image from Google images (it is a .png) and uploaded it on an image hosting site.  I then edited the Docker container and switched to Advanced view and changed the Icon URL to the icon on the image hosting site.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

image.png.d55d7ad5e42cca04e6bc4e0bb6f762b5.png

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this!  My UDM (base) died 2 days ago (the classic no lights, full fan death) and needed to get something up quick.  This worked out great and is running really fast on my hardware, much better than the UDM.

I have the UXG-Lite in transit and will be adding that shortly.  For now I'm up on my old Asus RT-AC86U for the router function, and managing my 2x NanoHD's and 1 U6 Pro with this container.

Edited by cscoppa
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, cscoppa said:

I have the UXG-Lite in transit and will be adding that shortly.

This controller container will come in handy for managing the UXG-Lite as well as it has no built-in controller like the Dream Machine. 

Frankly, I would rather have a separate controller rather than a built-in controller like on some Ubiquiti hardware.  As you noted, performance is much better this way and you don't have the limitations of some of the hardware with built-in controllers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

This controller container will come in handy for managing the UXG-Lite as well as it has no built-in controller like the Dream Machine. 

Frankly, I would rather have a separate controller rather than a built-in controller like on some Ubiquiti hardware.  As you noted, performance is much better this way and you don't have the limitations of some of the hardware with built-in controllers.

I 100% agree with you.  Years ago I was self-hosted because I started with the Access Points.  When I got the Dream Machine I was disappointed in the speed compared to what I had before.  I also like the MANY options I have for backups.

4 hours ago, Dr_Noonia_Soong said:

Are there any plans to upgrade the base image from 7.5.187 to 8.0.24?  I was on linuxservers image, downloaded a backup of the configuration but can't restore it into 7.5

Thx

Hi,

Template has by default the tag "11notes/unifi:7.5.187-unraid" but you can change it.

You need to go to docker Hub and choose your own adventure tag: https://hub.docker.com/r/11notes/unifi/tags

I did the same as you last week and I'm using the tag "11notes/unifi:8.0.26-unraid"

Cheers!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Carlos Dias said:

Hi,

Template has by default the tag "11notes/unifi:7.5.187-unraid" but you can change it.

You need to go to docker Hub and choose your own adventure tag: https://hub.docker.com/r/11notes/unifi/tags

I did the same as you last week and I'm using the tag "11notes/unifi:8.0.26-unraid"

Cheers!

If you use the supported images on page 1 of this forum post we can try to assist you with issues as they have been tested. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Carlos Dias said:

Hi,

Cheers!

Thank you, that worked, completely missed the templates.

Cheers