"SimpleFeatures" - iTunes Server Plugin [SUPPORT]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

The current link to this plugin is unavailable - I get a 404 error from the googlecode website using this link (from the first post):

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simplefeatures_itunesserver.plg

Searching the googlecode website I found simpleFeatures-itunes-speeding_ant.tgz from April 14th, but reading through this forum it sounds like there have been a lot of improvements since then.

Please let me know where I can find the latest plugin, it sounds like an excellent addition to unraid.

Thanks,

Nowhereman999

While we are waiting for the new release how is everyone handling their libraries?  I'm will probably have to move my itunes library to my unraid box and and have both my itunes install on my laptop and the itunes server plugin look at that library.  I plan on using headphones as well, so whats the best way to make everything working nicely and still allow iphones to sync etc?

for what it's worth I found there is this handy folder in the iTunes library called automatically add to iTunes.  A simple redirection to the move location for Headphones and I should be set. 

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...impatient as i am, i tracked down the closest thing to the missing file, which is the "simpleFeatures-itunes-speeding_ant.tgz"...hoping that this file would install a functioning version (even if it is older) i executed the "installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-itunes-speeding_ant.tgz" command from the terminal...

since this didn't work, how do i uninstall this package now?

really looking forward to the iTunes server plugin, like many of us here...anyone have an older version of it, which they can share?

I have a new version compiled and running - just need to update a few more libraries and we're golden. Sorry for the wait. This new version appears to be really fast, so hang in there. Working with iTunes 11, and added a few extra commits regarding issues with Apple Remote 3.0.

Awesome! Don't suppose there's been any updates to ffmpeg to support embedded artwork has there?! My OCD can't stand no album art so ill be finding a quick way to extract it otherwise! Any suggestions?! Lol

Download from Google Code: simplefeatures_itunesserver.plg
Requires unRAID Version 5 Beta 12 and above.

Could you please update your original/first post to let users know that this was removed from the SimpleFeatures zip file, and that it is currently *not* available until further notice.

Perhaps also the Wiki plg plugins page since it shows up there as available.

Confusing to a new plg user switching to version 5.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost a month since the last update on the status of this plugin, any news on when the new version is going to be released?

No inside knowledge here, but history would indicate it will be released sometime after unraid V5 goes final. Unlike Tom, who gets paid to work on unraid, speeding_ant does his work for free, and in his spare time.

IOW, don't hold your breath.