unRAID Server Release 5.0.3-i386 Available

limetech

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Thanksgiving, I'm giving thanks for version 5.0.3!

The AFP changes are much welcomed! For a long time, I've had a 'workaround' to ensure my TimeMachine mounted properly and is announced and visible to the Mac OS. I've never been able to figure out how to reliably duplicate the issue--it was always sort of random.  My 'workaround' was a bit of voodoo and magic spells consisting of a specific order for restarting/mounting/accessing the TM bundle...followed by chanting and the shaking of rattles to ensure success.

I'm very Thankful that with 5.0.3 none of that seems necessary. TM mounted and ran before I even had a chance to start the incantations!  ;D

Thanks, Tom

Sorry I meant physical locations, so from 2 different offices in the UK, using completely different net connections.

Sorry, I don't know what this issue could be.  I've sent another email to the hosting company.  I'm probably going to have change hosts.  What browser are you using?  Some have reported better success using Firefox vs. IE.

Sorry I meant physical locations, so from 2 different offices in the UK, using completely different net connections.

Sorry, I don't know what this issue could be.  I've sent another email to the hosting company.  I'm probably going to have change hosts.  What browser are you using?  Some have reported better success using Firefox vs. IE.

.torrent

it's been said before and should be said again. i've also offered a mirror but that was ignored!

So if you want to change it back the way it was you would add these lines in /boot/config/share.cfg:

shareAvahiSMBName="%h-SMB"

shareAvahiAFPName="%h"

Thank you so much for posting this. All of my shares' automounts broke after the upgrade because of the AFP path change. I understand why the change was made, but it was a little nerve racking. Thanks for posting the fix to put things back the way they were.

So if you want to change it back the way it was you would add these lines in /boot/config/share.cfg:

shareAvahiSMBName="%h-SMB"

shareAvahiAFPName="%h"

Thank you so much for posting this. All of my shares' automounts broke after the upgrade because of the AFP path change. I understand why the change was made, but it was a little nerve racking. Thanks for posting the fix to put things back the way they were.

Why not change the automounts so they now point to the "correct" place?

I did disable / enable the AFP and SAMBA, now all good

I didn't notice at first, but after upgrading to 5.03 - I was not able to connect via AFP.  I had to stop and then restart AFP a few times and then it started working. I did not reboot my mac.  This may mean that we will have to do this step after a reboot until resolved.  I did not see anything in the syslog.

I did disable / enable the AFP and SAMBA, now all good

I didn't notice at first, but after upgrading to 5.03 - I was not able to connect via AFP.  I had to stop and then restart AFP a few times and then it started working. I did not reboot my mac.  This may mean that we will have to do this step after a reboot until resolved.  I did not see anything in the syslog.

The server names were changed.  Instead of 'Tower', its now 'Tower-AFP'. Your Mac's saved server names (and passwords) became out of sync with the new names. Reboot the Mac works, too. (or do GO/CONNECT_TO_SERVER...(cmd+K))

The server names were changed.  Instead of 'Tower', its now 'Tower-AFP'. Your Mac's saved server names (and passwords) became out of sync with the new names. Reboot the Mac works, too. (or do GO/CONNECT_TO_SERVER...(cmd+K))

Right, sorry about this.  Given that server is accessed via both AFP and SMB, and that Apple is moving to SMB for file access, it made sense to make this change now.  As mentioned in the first post, there's a way to change it back if you want.

What's the procedure to downgrade back to 5.0 ?

Ever since upgrading to 5.0.3, having problems with my virtualboxes...

Thanks

Same procedure as upgrading from 5.0 to 5.0.3 - but I also read in another forum that people had problems with vbox with 5.0.3 but did not with 5.0.2.

What's the procedure to downgrade back to 5.0 ?

Ever since upgrading to 5.0.3, having problems with my virtualboxes...

Thanks

Same procedure as upgrading from 5.0 to 5.0.3 - but I also read in another forum that people had problems with vbox with 5.0.3 but did not with 5.0.2.

Link?

Just want to put a big thanks for the 5.0.3 release. I upgraded from RC12 on a Unraid system hosted on ESXi using RDM drives, which I know isn't best practice.

After the upgrade I've got drive-temps in the dashboard for the first time. I've always had drive spindown and that has continued to function in this release.

Really impressed with the stability. Cheers!

Archived