Dynamix - Web GUI 64 [BETA]

I just installed this on UnRAID 6 beta 2 last week.  It works great and seems to really have extended what Simple Features used to offer.  I do have a minor issue.  I pulled down both packages to /boot/plugins and installed them, but after a reboot only the webgui is still installed.  Took me a couple of times to figure out what was missing, but it was the Dynamix tab along the top.  The plugins control package doesn't show up unless I install it again.  Did I miss a step?

You need to install Plugin Control in /boot/config/plugins

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy-n-paste instructions into putty worked like a charm.

Now to see if I can break something!

Thanks.  I apparently can't follow directions since that's what the first post said to do :(  I've moved it to the correct folder and installed it.  I'll reboot and test.

Please add the following options to the network settings page as they are missing.

networkbridge

and

bridge name

see network.cfg in 64bit beta3

Dynamix webGui 64-bit version 2.1.2 is available with the new network settings added.

Use Plugin Control to update the existing webGUI version (no reboot required).

Do you intend to integrate plugin control with the main package at some stage? I only use it for the update function and it feels slightly redundant to have a plugin just for that.

I have also found a couple of bugs:

- layout weirdness when clicking on any of the disks under 'Array Devices'

- unable to change the description for a user

Let me know if there is somewhere else you want these reported.

Lastly, I've noticed that the settings page is no longer tabbed, was this by design?

Do you intend to integrate plugin control with the main package at some stage? I only use it for the update function and it feels slightly redundant to have a plugin just for that.

It is offered as a separate plugin, expectation is that future development takes place for third party plugins.

- layout weirdness when clicking on any of the disks under 'Array Devices'

Can you give a screenshot of your observations?

- unable to change the description for a user

Yeah, this is a bug. It will be corrected in the next version.

Lastly, I've noticed that the settings page is no longer tabbed, was this by design?

This is indeed a design change, there is a new setting though, which allows choosing between the new looks and the original tabbed view.

My email notifications are coming across without the from/to filled in.  The email is attached and the body of the email says:

[Return Code 550] sid: ULRP1n00J1FnHEN01 :: 5.6.0 Lone CR or LF in headers (see RFC2822 section 2.2)

I had the email module configured from 5.0.5 and left it figuring that the file format would be the same.  Should I start my email configuration from scratch to fix this, or is this a bug?

My email notifications are coming across without the from/to filled in.  The email is attached and the body of the email says:

[Return Code 550] sid: ULRP1n00J1FnHEN01 :: 5.6.0 Lone CR or LF in headers (see RFC2822 section 2.2)

I had the email module configured from 5.0.5 and left it figuring that the file format would be the same.  Should I start my email configuration from scratch to fix this, or is this a bug?

Hmm... not sure why this is happening. The only difference is the 64-bit version of ssmtp. All the rest is the same, it should mean that no reconfiguration is required when moving 'up'.

Hmm... not sure why this is happening. The only difference is the 64-bit version of ssmtp. All the rest is the same, it should mean that no reconfiguration is required when moving 'up'.

Let me do some troubleshooting.  I did look at the configuration file and all looked good.

Let me do some troubleshooting.  I did look at the configuration file and all looked good.

I deleted the configuration file and started over.  It works now.  There is one difference I see between the new and old configuration files.

Old: UseTLSCert="NO"

New: UseTLSCert=""

EDIT: After a reboot, it is back to failing again.

I deleted the configuration file and started over.  It works now.  There is one difference I see between the new and old configuration files.

Old: UseTLSCert="NO"

New: UseTLSCert=""

EDIT: After a reboot, it is back to failing again.

More information.  After a re-boot email does not work properly.  If I do 'etc/c.d/rc.emailnotify stop' and then '/etc/rc.d/rc.emailnotify start', the emails work properly.  Boot up timing problem?

More information.  After a re-boot email does not work properly.  If I do 'etc/c.d/rc.emailnotify stop' and then '/etc/rc.d/rc.emailnotify start', the emails work properly.  Boot up timing problem?

There was a bug in the PLG file previously not reading the correct section of the stored settings which prevented a service start upon reboot.

Can you download the PLG file again or if you want to check yourself, this is the updated section:

create(){

tmp="/tmp/create.tmp"

sed -n "/^\[$1\]/,/^\[/p" $cfg | grep -v '^\[' > $tmp

while read line; do

key=$(echo $line | cut -d'=' -f1)

val=$(echo $line | cut -d'"' -f2)

if [ $(expr index "$val" /) -eq 0 ]; then

sed -i "s/^$key=.*/$key=$val/" $2

else

sed -i "s:^$key=.*:$key=$val:" $2

fi

done <$tmp

rm -f $tmp

}

There was a bug in the PLG file previously not reading the correct section of the stored settings which prevented a service start upon reboot.

Can you download the PLG file again or if you want to check yourself, this is the updated section:

create(){

tmp="/tmp/create.tmp"

sed -n "/^\[$1\]/,/^\[/p" $cfg | grep -v '^\[' > $tmp

while read line; do

key=$(echo $line | cut -d'=' -f1)

val=$(echo $line | cut -d'"' -f2)

if [ $(expr index "$val" /) -eq 0 ]; then

sed -i "s/^$key=.*/$key=$val/" $2

else

sed -i "s:^$key=.*:$key=$val:" $2

fi

done <$tmp

rm -f $tmp

}

I made the change to the .plg and re-booted.  I get three messages initially.  One is with the error and the body says array not started.  The second is with the error and the body is the normal status of the array.  The last message is a normal email and it says the array is started and is OK.

Messages after that are normal.

Is there a way to change the disk active light colours? I ask this because I am confused to as why dark green is active and a brighter green which to me mean s active means inactive?

Kryspy

Must be a display thing...

On my monitor, the 'dark' green is a more saturated color and is clearly 'on'.

the lighter green is less saturated in color and looks 'dimmer'.

Is there a way to change the disk active light colours? I ask this because I am confused to as why dark green is active and a brighter green which to me mean s active means inactive?

Kryspy

Must be a display thing...

On my monitor, the 'dark' green is a more saturated color and is clearly 'on'.

the lighter green is less saturated in color and looks 'dimmer'.

If anything, inactive drives should be greyed out instead of using 2 different shades of the same color.