unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Upgraded from 10a to 12 without any issues. All KVM VM's boot up as expected! I cannot seem to get the gmail service working... I keep getting this "Test result: No reply from mail server". Does anyone have gmail setup and working and if so would you mind taking a screen shot of your settings?

I believe someone else reported that things like empty spaces or symbols in your password may not be working correctly.  Can you test that to validate?

That password is a very simple that consists only of lower case and numbers.  (I was involved with the password word problem on Dynamix for ver 5. where it did not like  the # symbol.) 

I can also report that yahoo mail aslo fails to work but it come up with the following error message:

501 Syntax error in arguments

I am not really interested in getting my yahoo account working again as it seems to want to flag the e-mail from my servers as spam and send them straight to the spam folder. 

Hi

latest changes syslinux something broke with boot without GPU :(

Im using mainboard without GPU with CPU also without GPU and i get from ASROCK special moded bios for possible boot up without GPU

but i was using parametr CONSOLE 0

CONSOLE flag_val

If flag_val is 0, disable output to the normal video console. If flag_val is 1, enable output to the video console (this is the default.) Some BIOSes try to forward this to the serial console which can make a total mess of things, so this option lets you disable the video console on these systems.

And i add to kernel parametr

kernel /bzimage console=ttyS0,9600n8

for redirect console on serial, after that changes UNRAID run/boot without problem

but now after updated syslinux just stop on first line with SYSLINUX version :(

(i just revert only syslinux folder on flash from beta10a and start working again)

This will be difficult for us to test but I'm curious if you used Windows or Mac to 'make bootable' the flash device with the new syslinux?  Also, What is the exact model of your Asrock motherboard? 

Getting the following email:

Subject: cron for user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

/usr/lib/sa/sa1: line 20: .: /etc/sysstat: is a directory

Looks like a supplementary package, on my system that doesn't even exist.

#!/bin/sh
# /usr/lib/sa/sa1
# (C) 1999-2014 Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr)
#
#@(#) sysstat-10.2.1
#@(#) sa1: Collect and store binary data in system activity data file.
#

# Set default value for some variables.
# Used only if ${SYSCONFIG_DIR}/sysstat doesn't exist!
HISTORY=0
SADC_OPTIONS=""
DDIR=/var/log/sa
DATE=`date +%d`
CURRENTFILE=sa${DATE}
CURRENTDIR=`date +%Y%m`
SYSCONFIG_DIR=/etc
umask 0022

[ -r ${SYSCONFIG_DIR}/sysstat ] && . ${SYSCONFIG_DIR}/sysstat
if [ ${HISTORY} -gt 28 ]
then
cd ${DDIR} || exit 1
[ -d ${CURRENTDIR} ] || mkdir -p ${CURRENTDIR}
# If ${CURRENTFILE} exists and is a regular file, then make sure
       	# the file was modified this day (and not e.g. month ago)
# and move it to ${CURRENTDIR}
[ ! -L ${CURRENTFILE} ] &&
	[ -f ${CURRENTFILE} ] &&
	[ "`date +%Y%m%d -r ${CURRENTFILE}`" = "${CURRENTDIR}${DATE}" ] &&
	mv -f ${CURRENTFILE} ${CURRENTDIR}/${CURRENTFILE}
touch ${CURRENTDIR}/${CURRENTFILE}
# Remove the "compatibility" link and recreate it to point to
# the (new) current file
rm -f ${CURRENTFILE}
ln -s ${CURRENTDIR}/${CURRENTFILE} ${CURRENTFILE}
else
# If ${CURRENTFILE} exists, is a regular file and is from a previous
# month then delete it so that it is recreated by sadc afresh
[ -f ${CURRENTFILE} ] && [ "`date +%Y%m -r ${CURRENTFILE}`" -lt "${CURRENTDIR}" ] && rm -f ${CURRENTFILE}
fi

ENDIR=/usr/lib/sa
cd ${ENDIR}
[ "$1" = "--boot" ] && shift && BOOT=y || BOOT=n
if [ $# = 0 ] && [ "${BOOT}" = "n" ]
then
# Note: Stats are written at the end of previous file *and* at the
# beginning of the new one (when there is a file rotation) only if
# outfile has been specified as '-' on the command line...
exec ${ENDIR}/sadc -F -L ${SADC_OPTIONS} 1 1 -
else
exec ${ENDIR}/sadc -F -L ${SADC_OPTIONS} $* -
fi

So what is this file for?  Looks like something to do with log rotation.

That looks like sar or the sysstat package.

http://packages.slackware.com/?r=slackware64-current&p=sysstat-9.0.6.1-x86_64-1.txz

root@unRAID:/mnt/disk1/pub/slackware/slackware-14.1# tar -xvf sysstat-9.0.6.1-x86_64-1.txz | grep sa
usr/man/man8/sadc.8.gz
usr/man/man8/sa2.8.gz
usr/man/man8/sa1.8.gz
usr/man/man1/sadf.1.gz
usr/man/man1/sar.1.gz
usr/bin/sadf
usr/bin/sar
usr/lib64/sa/
usr/lib64/sa/sadc
usr/lib64/sa/sa2
usr/lib64/sa/sa1
usr/doc/sysstat-9.0.6.1/cron-examples/sysstat.crond.sample
var/log/sa/

on my system it is not installed

root@unRAIDb:/# cat /etc/unraid-version /etc/slackware-version 
version="6.0-beta12"
Slackware 14.1
root@unRAIDb:/# ls -l /usr/lib64/sa

/bin/ls: cannot access /usr/lib64/sa: No such file or directory

root@unRAIDb:/# ls -l /var/log/packages | grep -c stat

Look in your crons.

root@unRAIDb:/# find /var/spool/cron/  /etc/cron* -ls 
  2384    0 drwxr-x--x   5 root     root          100 Dec  1 00:25 /var/spool/cron/
17980    0 drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           40 Dec  1 20:47 /var/spool/cron/cron.94ToP9
  2386    0 drwxr-x---   2 root     root           60 Nov 28 23:22 /var/spool/cron/crontabs
  2387    4 -rw-------   1 root     root         1041 Sep  7  2012 /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
  2385    0 drwxr-x---   2 root     root           40 Sep  7  2012 /var/spool/cron/cronstamps
   236    0 drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           60 Dec  1 14:25 /etc/cron.d
610642    4 -rw-------   1 root     root           71 Dec  1 14:24 /etc/cron.d/root
   171    0 drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           80 Nov 28 23:22 /etc/cron.daily
   173    4 -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root          129 Oct 10  2013 /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
   172    8 -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         4100 Oct 15 12:54 /etc/cron.daily/certwatch
   175    0 drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           40 Sep  7  2012 /etc/cron.hourly
   220    0 drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           40 Sep  7  2012 /etc/cron.monthly
   224    0 drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root           40 Sep  7  2012 /etc/cron.weekly

As one other individual in this thread mentioned, I also seem to be having an issue with my CPU not properly throttling and causing a high CPU clock rate.

I've been rebooted for about an hour and a half and still sitting at max CPU clock across all cores, with very little CPU activity.

Screen shot attached.

Anyone else looking at their dashboard and having this issue?

The other person was using XEN, which I am not.

14174889592770.jpg.5826f644491e6466ac668357fa7ba77d.jpg

Found this entry in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

# System data collection - poll every minute
*/1 * * * * /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

I checked the plugins I had installed and realized it was the Dynamix system stats plugin that was adding this cron job, which can be found here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.stats.plg

The fact that I only get the email once even though the job is set to run every minute suggests the cron job tried to run before some libraries or executables were ready?

As one other individual in this thread mentioned, I also seem to be having an issue with my CPU not properly throttling and causing a high CPU clock rate.

I've been rebooted for about an hour and a half and still sitting at max CPU clock across all cores, with very little CPU activity.

Screen shot attached.

Yes, four hyperthreaded cores, all running at 3.3GHz, with 1% cpu utilization.

Screen shot attached.

Yes, four hyperthreaded cores, all running at 3.3GHz, with 1% cpu utilization.

same here

UPDATE: Umm ... errr is there any chance this has anything to do with the fact that I don't have a "cpufreq" directory in "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq" ?? According to http://docs.slackware.com/howtos:hardware:cpu_frequency_scaling I should

Upgraded to Beta 12 last night and that seemed to go fine. Started a parity check this morning and after finishing 11%, it's found 32+ million errors. And counting... I did migrate all my drives to xfs last month (one by one) so maybe I should have rebuilt parity after that, but I would have thought the normal parity processing would have caught that. Not sure there's really a problem or not, just reporting an odd occurrence. Anyone else see this?

Changing file format does not preserve parity.  You need to rebuilt parity after changing a disk file format.  Stop the check and rebuild your parity.

This is not true. You can reformat a drive to a new filesystem while the disk is part of the array and parity is maintained throughout the operation.

One, very slight, issue.  On beta10a, and earlier, it was very easy to read the status text on top of the banner header graphic.

On beta12, if the graphic is turned on, the text is very difficult to read, being presented with a white shadow (lower/right) surround.

The menu bar appears to have a similar, black, shadow, but is not so difficult to read, being black shadow on dark grey.

It may be that this is deliberate 'eye-candy', but it detracts from the function.

it would seem that I am having issues with ssmtp again... I have restarted my server a few time this afternoon and I just decided to see if ssmtp was still working. All my settings are saved correctly but it errors out again.  Saying:

Done Test result: No reply from mail server

Syslog:

Dec  1 22:38:56 Pithos php: /usr/local/sbin/notify smtp-init

Dec  1 22:38:56 Pithos php:

Dec  1 22:42:42 Pithos sSMTP[14145]: Unable to connect to smtp.gmail.com:587

Dec  1 22:42:42 Pithos sSMTP[14145]: Cannot open smtp.gmail.com:587

It seems that the update to the webGui has broken the docker plugin.

Unable to start any of my installed containers.

The Docker page now looks like the image.

Kevin

[Edit] All the status/log pages return blank.

Please remove the DockerMan plugin under the Plugins tab.  It's no longer needed (and actually causing a conflict).