unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

Not sure where to report this, but since Dynamix is the new WebGUI I will place it here. If I am posting it in the wrong place let me know.

On the Dashboard the Utilization percentage for the Cache drive is incorrect, this could be due to my use of a cache pool and the code is not calculating that. It shows a -293%. This was also true for the Stats page, but bonienl has already corrected that. Anyway attached is a screenshot showing the error.

Odd.  Can you click on the "Main" tab, then "Cache Devices", and then click on your first cache device.  From that page, please copy and paste what you see under "Pool info."  Thanks!

- Jon

Pool Info:

Label: none  uuid: 88719609-11f1-42c8-a6f6-aef0a9e2ad3a

Total devices 4 FS bytes used 28.85GiB

devid    1 size 476.94GiB used 346.00GiB path /dev/sdl1

devid    3 size 476.94GiB used 346.03GiB path /dev/sdn1

devid    5 size 476.94GiB used 346.00GiB path /dev/sdm1

devid    6 size 476.94GiB used 0.00B path /dev/sdo1

Btrfs v3.17.2

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure where to report this, but since Dynamix is the new WebGUI I will place it here. If I am posting it in the wrong place let me know.

On the Dashboard the Utilization percentage for the Cache drive is incorrect, this could be due to my use of a cache pool and the code is not calculating that. It shows a -293%. This was also true for the Stats page, but bonienl has already corrected that. Anyway attached is a screenshot showing the error.

Odd.  Can you click on the "Main" tab, then "Cache Devices", and then click on your first cache device.  From that page, please copy and paste what you see under "Pool info."  Thanks!

- Jon

Pool Info:

Btrfs v3.17.2

Ok a few things real quick:

1)  You it looks like you need to do a btrfs balance on your pool because devid 6 is showing no utilization yet.

2)  I think the issue may have to do with a combination of the balance along with btrfs extents showing space consumption that isn't really an accurate reflection of your true btrfs free space.

3)  Did you used to have other devices in this cache pool before?  I find it odd that the devids are 1, 3, 5, and 6 as opposed to 1, 2, 3, 4.  This can happen if you have added and then removed devices from the pool.  Not an issue, just wanted to confirm my suspicion.

- Jon

Do you have any feedback or information regarding the lack of CPU frequency scaling that a group of us are experiencing?

Is that only in Xen mode that you're seeing this issue?

No, I see this in KVM also.  All 4 cores show about 3000 in my dashboard.

Same, mine is 3800...

OK, we are investigating. With xen, someone else already gave us the command we needed to get the proper CPU frequencies. Fix is being implemented.

Still trying to figure out the right approach with KVM.

There are pretty major differences between KVM and Xen in this area.

OK, we are investigating.

It seems like maybe my CPU is actually running at these speeds, at least according to this...

watch -n .5 grep \"cpu MHz\" /proc/cpuinfo

it shows all 4 cores bouncing around 3000 -3100 MHz.

more from this thread...

Do you have any feedback or information regarding the lack of CPU frequency scaling that a group of us are experiencing?

Thanks for looking into it..

For now I manually lowered my multiplier to 12, so at least it's not just wasting energy for no good reason.

Same, mine is 3800...

OK, we are investigating. With xen, someone else already gave us the command we needed to get the proper CPU frequencies. Fix is being implemented.

I just manually lowered my CPU multiplier to 12 for now.. It'll do for now until a fix is figured out.

- Jon

Pool Info:

Btrfs v3.17.2

Ok a few things real quick:

1)  You it looks like you need to do a btrfs balance on your pool because devid 6 is showing no utilization yet.

2)  I think the issue may have to do with a combination of the balance along with btrfs extents showing space consumption that isn't really an accurate reflection of your true btrfs free space.

3)  Did you used to have other devices in this cache pool before?  I find it odd that the devids are 1, 3, 5, and 6 as opposed to 1, 2, 3, 4.  This can happen if you have added and then removed devices from the pool.  Not an issue, just wanted to confirm my suspicion.

- Jon

Yes, I did remove one of the drives and added it back in a while back when I was trying out virtualization.

I have done a rebalance, but the dashboard still shows a negative number --  -286%

For now I manually lowered my multiplier to 12, so at least it's not just wasting energy for no good reason.

Same, mine is 3800...

I just manually lowered my CPU multiplier to 12 for now.. It'll do for now until a fix is figured out.

I don't think there is a "fix" to figure out. The issue is reporting, not actual cpu freq. I used  xenpm get-cpufreq-states | grep "current" before and after starting a plex transcode and I can see the freq go from 1400 to 3500. so cpu scaling is working, it just isn't being reported correctly.

Same, mine is 3800...

I don't think there is a "fix" to figure out. The issue is reporting, not actual cpu freq. I used  xenpm get-cpufreq-states | grep "current" before and after starting a plex transcode and I can see the freq go from 1400 to 3500. so cpu scaling is working, it just isn't being reported correctly.

With xen, its just reporting. With KVM, I'm not sure yet...

I've noticed in docker, the templates are not being utilized.  I've tried to add a new container and tried to select a template as well as one of my user defined templates but the fields are not being automatically filled.  The host path that use to have a drop down file path no longer has it.

I've completed the upgrade to  Unraid 6beta12, and everything is running OK.

However, I'm still experiencing this issue with the dashboard page - with the array started and running it doesn't display any information, and when the array is stopped it's displaying everything fine. I've scanned through the remainder of this thread and didn't see any replies regarding this issue.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am getting the same types of issues that spl147 is experiencing on my install of Unraid 5.0.5. With my array started and running, I am getting nothing displayed in the dashboard. If I go ahead and stop the array, then everything seems to display fine in the dashboard.

I have a feeling that our issue is related so I thought I would chime in here.

I don't think the bar graph to the right of 'Tools' is in the new release.

Remember the old Dynamix was installed from /boot/plugins. Remove that directory.

It's hard to see your screen capture with the black theme.  Can you turn it off and get a new screen capture?

here you go...

on a side note, if i stop the array, then the dashboard populates! then i start the array and the dashboard is empty.

I had this issue on one of my servers, had to copy templates from my other server. I only used docker on one, so I believe when they changed the location of the templates a while back,  I didn't move the files on one of my servers

thanks!  It was working yesterday when I first installed 6b12.  Not sure what caused it to change or stop working.

Anyone running SNAP getting anything to come up under settings/Snap?

PNPqoQ0.png

Remove and reinstall the SNAP plugin, you either needed to update it before upgrading to 12a or remove/reinstall.

Note you will lose your share names for the drives if you have already given them any.

This is an enormous upgrade in core functionality and I am really happy with this !

We have moved into the present with standaard email notifications, parity scheduling and a rocking gui...  I also think it a very wise move the leave GUI development and core functionality seperated.. That will make improvements a lot easier..

Remove and reinstall the SNAP plugin, you either needed to update it before upgrading to 12a or remove/reinstall.

Note you will lose your share names for the drives if you have already given them any.

This isn't going to loose the data is it?  I did run the plugin-check and updated anything needing it before unraid. (Just FYI)

This isn't going to loose the data is it?  I did run the plugin-check and updated anything needing it before unraid. (Just FYI)

I updated before b12 too but I think I did it before snap was updated, so had to remove and reinstall anyway

Do you mean lose data on the drives? If so no. If you mean lose drive name, yes

Is it possible to upgrade a running 5.0.6 by removing the plugins folders & replacing the files?

From the OP (Please go back and reread it):

If you are currently running unRAID Server OS release 5.0.x

-----------------------------------------------------------

First backup the content of your USB Flash device to a folder on your PC and then install this

release according to "Installation on a New Flash Device" below.  Before ejecting your flash,

restore the 'config' directory from your back up.

I updated before b12 too but I think I did it before snap was updated, so had to remove and reinstall anyway

Do you mean lose data on the drives? If so no. If you mean lose drive name, yes

Ok, stopped my docker, my VM uninstalled snap, then reinstalled, and added the share the same name.  Seems all is well!  Thanks for the tip.  I guess I updated to b12 before SNAP was updated.