Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I am a little confused, what is the best way to install perl and which version should I install?

I think the old way.
http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/perl-5.18.1-x86_64-1.txz
Into /boot/extra .

This means just putting "perl-5.18.1-x86_64-1.txz" in /boot/extra?

I am a little confused, what is the best way to install perl and which version should I install?

I think the old way.
http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/d/perl-5.18.1-x86_64-1.txz
Into /boot/extra .

This means just putting "perl-5.18.1-x86_64-1.txz" in /boot/extra?

That one should work, place it in /boot/extra

It will be loaded when you boot your system.

Hi, I installed perl and it detected

fam15h_power it87 k10temp

. I press save and get this error:

grep: /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf: No such dfile or directory

What can I do now?

EDIT: I do get a temp value for this sensor which I guess is the MB sensor. But nothing for the cpu temp. Any idea how to solve this?

I realize that S3 sleep isn't perfect (even M$ can't get it right), but I figured I throw this out to see if anyone has run across it and/or found a solution.

Working on getting my secondary server to properly sleep with the HTPC (sorting out the various options, etc in conjunction with the debug mode).  It does sleep fine if I manually sleep it.  But upon wake up, there is no video output for unRaid's console.  Any suggestions?  Or is this something I'm just going to have to deal with (its not a deal-breaker - just a big annoyance)

Specs in my sig (server B).

I'm still unable to get the temp sensors plugin working after getting PERL installed. Any other options until lmsensors.org is back up?

I think you can just fill in the drivers without actually doing the detect if you know what they are. Maybe search for your motherboard here and google.

Hi, I installed perl and it detected

fam15h_power it87 k10temp

. I press save and get this error:

grep: /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf: No such dfile or directory

What can I do now?

EDIT: I do get a temp value for this sensor which I guess is the MB sensor. But nothing for the cpu temp. Any idea how to solve this?

Hi, any suggestion to get my CPU temps?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having issues getting a cron job/file working with the schedules plugin.

I'm following the directions posted by bonienl in another thread, here for reference:

In unRAID v6 it is made much simpler to add custom cron entries.

Create a folder on your flash device under plugins, e.g. /boot/config/plugins/mycron

In this folder you can put one or more cron files. Choose an appropriate name and give the file the extension .cron

The file content is a cron entry and it uses linux style line endings (make sure you use an editor which can do that, e.g. notepad++)

For example the file localmaster.cron has the following:

# Generated local master browser check:
*/1 * * * * /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/localmaster &> /dev/null

This starts the script "localmaster" every minute.

Note that scripts don't have to be under the dynamix folder, you can create your own folder (can be on flash too) and point to it.

Upon system reboot ALL .cron files are automatically loaded in the cronjob. You can also do a manual load by telnetting into your system and perform: update_cron

I placed my cron file (made with N++/Unix mode) in the /boot/config/plugins/mycron folder, however it never shows up as a schedule in the plugin/scheduler settings page.

I've ran the SSH command update_cron with no difference, and also rebooted.

The only script listed in schedules is logrotate.

My cron file is attached (with the wrong extension as it wouldn't upload, it is .txt here, I have it as ".cron"), I tried varying the spaces, editing the time, and still nothing.

I'm likely doing something stupid..  :P

If you don't feel like grabbing the attachment, it basically looks like this, my script is located in the directory specified:

# Add cache backup script to cron:
30 4 * * * /boot/custom/cache_backup &> /dev/null

I've tried cache_backup.sh, without the "&>", changing the time.. Out of ideas.

cachebackup.txt

User made cron files do not become visible under the scheduler page, though this sounds like a feature request  ;)

You can manually check the 'running' cron jobs, telnet into your system and do:

[b]cat /etc/cron.d/root[/b]

OK, then maybe I'm missing something super obvious....

Where do I view/edit jobs used with the Schedules plug-in?

So if I want to add a cron job, do I then just add it to the Go file so that it's added to cron?

I'm likely missing something here, sorry..

User made cron files do not become visible under the scheduler page, though this sounds like a feature request  ;)

So if I want to add a cron job, do I then just add it to the Go file so that it's added to cron?

The schedules plugin handles the built-in cron entries for hourly, daily, weekly and monthly jobs. These are separate from the custom cron jobs which a plugin or user can define.

The schedules plugin handles the built-in cron entries for hourly, daily, weekly and monthly jobs. These are separate from the custom cron jobs which a plugin or user can define.

OK I think I get it...

Let me approach this another way since I have already mucked up this thread.

I will stop acting like I think I know what I'm doing, as it just makes this worse and confusing (thank you for the responses so far!)...

:P

So...

What is the best way to schedule a script to run to backup apps, or copy whatever, on a timed basis?

I assumed this was now able to be handled by Schedules, which I was wrong.

Add to go script?

OK I think I get it...

Let me approach this another way since I have already mucked up this thread.

I will stop acting like I think I know what I'm doing, as it just makes this worse and confusing (thank you for the responses so far!)...

:P

So...

What is the best way to schedule a script to run to backup apps, or copy whatever, on a timed basis?

I assumed this was now able to be handled by Schedules, which I was wrong.

Add to go script?

Create the script. Create a .cron file that calls the script, exactly as discussed in the bonienl post which you yourself quoted above. Reboot or update_cron. Done.

Create the script. Create a .cron file that calls the script, exactly as discussed in the bonienl post which you yourself quoted above. Reboot or update_cron. Done.

Ok, so I did all of that however I suppose was expecting it to show up somewhere in the plugin/scheduler page.

Which is not the case, as stated (which would be awesome to add, definitely a request!).

So okay, it is working I just wouldn't know it is scheduled without running this

So I was good all along, just didn't know it was working as I expected to see it and I cannot without the SSH command above.

Right?..

(when I expect something to take 2 minutes I over complicate it to take 2 hours.. story of my life).

Ok, so I did all of that however I suppose was expecting it to show up somewhere in the plugin/scheduler page.

Which is not the case, as stated (which would be awesome to add, definitely a request!).

While I'm a little late to the party, if your script only needs to run either hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, then all you have to do is toss the script into /etc/cron.daily (or hourly, etc).  The script will then show up by the scheduler plugin (and have the start time easily adjustable), and you don't need to muck around with cron jobs

While I'm a little late to the party, if your script only needs to run either hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly, then all you have to do is toss the script into /etc/cron.daily (or hourly, etc).  The script will then show up by the scheduler plugin (and have the start time easily adjustable), and you don't need to muck around with cron jobs

But I think if you take that approach, you will have to move your script there with a command in go or it won't be there next boot.

But I think if you take that approach, you will have to move your script there with a command in go or it won't be there next boot.

true.  I just hate cron

Kind of a hybrid here, such options!  :D

I like being able to see it without dropping to the command line, so I will do just that.

Thanks!

Updating all the plug-ins today and then went to reboot so peeked at the console and found this error regarding the ssd-trim plugin install/update.

chmod missing operand after '644'

Thanks, it is corrected!

I have made a consistency update on all PLG files, sorry for another slew of updates ;D

Updating all the plug-ins today and then went to reboot so peeked at the console and found this error regarding the ssd-trim plugin install/update.

Thanks, it is corrected!

I have made a consistency update on all PLG files, sorry for another slew of updates ;D

Having updated all of the dynamix plugins, I find that autofan is no longer having any effect - my fans are all running at full speed, continuosly.  It was working fine before updating.  The autofan settings page reports that the status is 'STOPPED' but clicking on 'Start' or 'Add to startup' has no effect.

How can I revert to the previous version?

tower-syslog-20151215-0119.zip

Thanks, it is corrected!

Having updated all of the dynamix plugins, I find that autofan is no longer having any effect - my fans are all running at full speed, continuosly.  It was working fine before updating.  The autofan settings page reports that the status is 'STOPPED' but clicking on 'Start' or 'Add to startup' has no effect.

It sounds your installattion is a mix-up of both old and new versions. There is no "Add to startup' in the latest version.

Do an uninstall of the plugin and re-install it using the hyperlink: https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.autofan.plg (copy & paste)

Also you might need to modify your go file manually, and delete any references to autofan.

It sounds your installattion is a mix-up of both old and new versions. There is no "Add to startup' in the latest version.

Do an uninstall of the plugin and re-install it using the hyperlink: https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.autofan.plg (copy & paste)

Also you might need to modify your go file manually, and delete any references to autofan.

Uninstall/re-install seems to have fixed it.  I'm not quite sure why it went wrong in the first place - and yes, "Add to startup" had added a command to my go file.

Thanks!