Dynamix - V6 Plugins

really missing my fan speed control!!

@bonienl is this being looked at yet?

Sorry I was off for a while.

The issue is with PHP7 and deprecated functions in the fan speed code. Need to replace these.

sweet, do you have a ETA?

Never ask a developer for an ETA!  ;)  (If they give you one, you know you're talking to a new and inexperienced developer.)

You get the best results by saying "Since you are such a great developer, I know I'll be very happy with it - whenever it's ready."    :D

i meant no disrespect, just was wondering if he has started to look into it is all..

No worries.

I am pretty occupied lately and can't commit to a date, but once time permits I'll work on it. You will be notified :)

Hi,

i have problems with the S3 sleep Plugin. After wake up is the system unreachable.

Link to the Thread: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54762.0 

What version of unRAID are you running? Maybe try v6.3.0rc and see if this improves your situation.

is a fresh installation with 6.2.4. i see the 6.3.0rc is a prerelease. Is in v6.3 many bugs?

EDIT: i try v6.3 and no solution for the wake up problem :(

How about a feature request for S3 sleep.

Allow a wake timer using rtcwake to wake the system up on a schedule.  Useful for not missing parity checks, or for scheduled backup tasks.

http://linux.die.net/man/8/rtcwake

Has this been thought about? I would really love this ability to self-wake up just before 4 am (my daily mover, then backup cycle) and on every 30th day of the month 10 pm (parity check).

Would help me greatly improve my power bill.

My server successfully wakes up on wan traffic, I just dont have another device to wol it for me.

(if this is of the table: any tutorial/starting point for building unraid plugins?)

How about a feature request for S3 sleep.

Allow a wake timer using rtcwake to wake the system up on a schedule.  Useful for not missing parity checks, or for scheduled backup tasks.

http://linux.die.net/man/8/rtcwake

Has this been thought about? I would really love this ability to self-wake up just before 4 am (my daily mover, then backup cycle) and on every 30th day of the month 10 pm (parity check).

Would help me greatly improve my power bill.

My server successfully wakes up on wan traffic, I just dont have another device to wol it for me.

(if this is of the table: any tutorial/starting point for building unraid plugins?)

So far nothing done on the rtcwake possibility.

I plan to make a write-up for unRAID plugins to help others to create them.

For those who run unRAID v6.3.0-rc6 and like to try a continuous mover operation, I have created this beta plugin.

Copy and paste the URL using the plugin manager:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.system.cache.plg

This plugin adds a new setting "Continuously" to the mover schedule. This setting will move files from the cache to the array as soon as they are completely received on the cache.

This plugin installs the package inotify-tools (if not already present), which is used to monitor the cache device for any files added in real-time. Shares which are set as 'cache only' will be excluded from the monitoring.

Have a look and love to hear your feedback. Be aware, it is still beta.

Hi bonienl,

how would you configure the sleep settings in case you have to deal with a plex docker:

- plex seems to cause network traffic to update its state

- plex seems to cause disc activity to update its cache

- my discs get spun down after a while but then get up spinning after 2-15 minutes

I need to:

- keep the server running after WOL for 1 hour

- put the server to sleep, if no user directly interacts with it

- put the server to sleep, plex stopped streaming and had an idle time for 1 hour

If you would allow the option to spin up all discs after WOL, the requirements could be simplified:

- keep it running until all discs are spun down

Hi bonienl,

how would you configure the sleep settings in case you have to deal with a plex docker:

- plex seems to cause network traffic to update its state

- plex seems to cause disc activity to update its cache

- my discs get spun down after a while but then get up spinning after 2-15 minutes

I need to:

- keep the server running after WOL for 1 hour

- put the server to sleep, if no user directly interacts with it

- put the server to sleep, plex stopped streaming and had an idle time for 1 hour

If you would allow the option to spin up all discs after WOL, the requirements could be simplified:

- keep it running until all discs are spun down

put this in 'custom commands after wakeup'

/usr/bin/wget  -q  -O  -  localhost/update.htm?cmdSpinupAll=Spin%20Up >/dev/null

;)

I'm just fiddling around with a N54L Microserver (which ich a nice peace of hardware - by the way).

I have 2x4TB drives for testing.

Parity set up and all green so far. No cache drive.

I just copied ~300GB to the array with ~105 megabytes/s. <---- this is the first thing that seems strange to me, although not related to the Dynamix plugins.

I'm used to 40-50MB/s when writing straight to the array.

The second thing I'm wondering about is attached as screenshot.

Peak writes ~270 MB/s.? (average @~200MB/s.?)

If necessary I can post the diagnostics as well.

System_Stats_N54L_copy.jpg.4fa235b59fa8ab8486c64c0929b1744a.jpg

I'm just fiddling around with a N54L Microserver (which ich a nice peace of hardware - by the way).

I have 2x4TB drives for testing.

Parity set up and all green so far. No cache drive.

I just copied ~300GB to the array with ~105 megabytes/s. <---- this is the first thing that seems strange to me, although not related to the Dynamix plugins.

I'm used to 40-50MB/s when writing straight to the array.

The second thing I'm wondering about is attached as screenshot.

Peak writes ~270 MB/s.? (average @~200MB/s.?)

If necessary I can post the diagnostics as well.

With only 1 data disk + parity unRAID works like RAID1, much faster.

Transfer rate data is for both disks, so about 135MB/s each.

Is there any risk at running TRIM on a Raid 0 cache array? A few years ago on Windows OS, running TRIM on a Raid 0 array could corrupt data and potentially take the whole array down but that's a completely different file system and have since been fixed.

For some time now I've been trimming a raid10 pool without any issues, raid0 should be no different.

Is there any risk at running TRIM on a Raid 0 cache array? A few years ago on Windows OS, running TRIM on a Raid 0 array could corrupt data and potentially take the whole array down but that's a completely different file system and have since been fixed.

For some time now I've been trimming a raid10 pool without any issues, raid0 should be no different.

Thanks, any idea why I am getting only ~700MB/s then? 2x 840 EVOs should be about 1GB/s. 10G network, SMB2.02 forced, and DirectIO on.

EDIT: When transferring off the cache to a windows computer it's a solid 680MB/s line, but when writing to the cache from the windows computer its a very inconsistent 550-750MB/s. Overhead?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I recently tried to install the TRIM plugin, but receive a failure due to SSL failure. I've attached a picture of the error message.

I'm not sure if this is linked to most browsers becoming very strict with older Sha ssl certs (due to TLS vulnerabilities in older Sha 1 certs). if so could be fixed by proxying via a free service a Cloudflare.com plan.

If not any suggestions how I can download please?

Cheers, Julian

failed_TRIM_SSL_errors.JPG.0cda7f45e93200e1f97bdc4ed80157eb.JPG

Hello,

I recently tried to install the TRIM plugin, but receive a failure due to SSL failure. I've tried a few times over 2 days from different pcs logged into my UnRaid tower. I've attached a picture of the error message.

If not any suggestions how I can download please?

Cheers, Julian

Had the wrong time on UnRaid 6.2.4. (which keeps losing time) I edited back to pool.ntp.org, clicked apply and , the clicked done and time was correct and was able to download ok, without SSL error