Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hi,

thanks for providing these plugins. I am happily using half of them on a daily basis.

Here a feature request for the S3 Sleep plugin:

Using Plex on my unRaid server, there will always be a disc up and running. Seems the plex processes keep it busy, which I don't like at all, but that's how it is :(

To use the S3 sleep script, I therefore have to configure "wait for array inactivity: false"

Instead I just want to monitor the network activities and go to sleep, if there has not been any for lets say 30 minutes.

Your script however first checks the array inactivity (skips it in my case), than does the count down (Extra delay after array inactivity) and afterwards starts monitoring the network traffic.

If the network traffic drops below a threshold just once, the server goes to sleep.

Could you allow us to wait an "Extra delay" after the network inactivity has been detected? --> "if the servers network inactivity (or the threshold) are given for at least XX minutes, shut down"

As it is at the moment: as soon as you select "wait for spin down: false" and your movie ends running, the server will go to sleep because of the network idleing

Thanks!

Hi,

thanks for providing these plugins. I am happily using half of them on a daily basis.

Here a feature request for the S3 Sleep plugin:

Using Plex on my unRaid server, there will always be a disc up and running. Seems the plex processes keep it busy, which I don't like at all, but that's how it is :(

To use the S3 sleep script, I therefore have to configure "wait for array inactivity: false"

Instead I just want to monitor the network activities and go to sleep, if there has not been any for lets say 30 minutes.

Your script however first checks the array inactivity (skips it in my case), than does the count down (Extra delay after array inactivity) and afterwards starts monitoring the network traffic.

If the network traffic drops below a threshold just once, the server goes to sleep.

Could you allow us to wait an "Extra delay" after the network inactivity has been detected? --> "if the servers network inactivity (or the threshold) are given for at least XX minutes, shut down"

As it is at the moment: as soon as you select "wait for spin down: false" and your movie ends running, the server will go to sleep because of the network idleing

Thanks!

An extra network time-out (with configurable time) is doable. I'll have a look.

I just got this when trying to view my system log from the stats tab:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 120 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(300) : eval()'d code on line 73

It didn't happen a couple days ago and I haven't added anything new plugin/docker-wise since. I've only been adding more HDDs to my array.

Any clue how to fix before I start uninstalling some dynamix plugins to figure out which is causing it? Using unRaid v6.2.1

So after rebooting server, the log issue went away... ???

It would, because /var/log is a 128 MiB tempfs which exists in RAM. Therefore it was cleared when you rebooted. The problem was that it had filled up and there was no space left. The question is, why was it being filled up? You'll have to wait a while and see if it starts to fill up again in order to investigate. You can monitor its usage on the GUI Dashboard page under System Status, flash/log/docker: the middle gauge.

EDIT: I've just seen your other thread here. The error messages you mention there are filling up your log, though it may not be the only cause.

Dynamix System Button plugin did not reboot my Test Bed server to install version 6.3 rc4 (to upgrade from 6.3 rc3).  It only stopped the array.  (I waited until the counter had reached over 187 before I went back to the GUI which was fully functional at the point.)

I rebooted the server using 'Reboot' button on the 'Array Operation' tab on the 'Main' page. 

EDIT: 

I can confirm that the same behavior persists with 6.3.0 rc4.  After I clicked the Dynamix System Button's icon, selected 'Reboot', and confirmed that I want to reboot, the reboot screen appeared and the counter started running.  I waited until it hit 108. At that point, I called back up the GUI and it showed that the array had stopped but nothing happened after that.  (I was watching the monitor connected to the server!)

I then left the array stopped and rebooted with the 'Reboot' button on the 'Array Operation' tab.  The counter never got beyond '0'.  And I could see the start of the reboot sequence on the monitor.  The reboot completed normally! 

Dynamix System Button plugin did not reboot my Test Bed server to install version 6.3 rc4 (to upgrade from 6.3 rc3).  It only stopped the array.  (I waited until the counter had reached over 187 before I went back to the GUI which was fully functional at the point.)

I rebooted the server using 'Reboot' button on the 'Array Operation' tab on the 'Main' page. 

EDIT: 

I can confirm that the same behavior persists with 6.3.0 rc4.  After I clicked the Dynamix System Button's icon, selected 'Reboot', and confirmed that I want to reboot, the reboot screen appeared and the counter started running.  I waited until it hit 108. At that point, I called back up the GUI and it showed that the array had stopped but nothing happened after that.  (I was watching the monitor connected to the server!)

I then left the array stopped and rebooted with the 'Reboot' button on the 'Array Operation' tab.  The counter never got beyond '0'.  And I could see the start of the reboot sequence on the monitor.  The reboot completed normally!

Sorry for that.

I still need to update the system buttons plugin and make it compatible with the new system introduced in unRAID 6.3

On a similar note:

Those who have installed the Bleeding Edge plugin, should uninstall it when upgrading to v6.3.0-rc4. The latest unRAID version has all changes included and some more.

I would like to propose a new feature for the Dynamix plugin suite.

Hopfully this is the right place to do.

Background:

I'm just preclearing some new drives and noticed that one is showing a

massive temperature offset. Checked the real value, and it's not that hot.

Did some google-fu and found this. It seems to be a common problem.

http://www.hdsentinel.com/help/en/55_calibration.html

The new feature would be an automation of the "workaround" described in the above link.

if the calibration is not possible (the computer chassis cannot be opened), an estimated offset value can be determined by checking the first displayed temperature immediately after starting the computer and comparing the value with the environment (room, office) temperature.

This can of course be spiced up with some logic, since we usually have several drives thus several temp values. It should be possible to get a better reference by using the most similar or equal temps.

The determined value can be confirmed by user who could cross-check with ambient temperature (appropriate acclimatisation time assumed)

Maybe also consider not just an offset but also a linear (to keep it simple) dependency.

If there was such a drive there should be a possibility to enter a second reference to determine the grade.

Of course this value would have to be determined by other means.

Hi,

I'm using the S3 Sleep Plugin for quiet some time now and always used an 'extra delay after array inactivity' of 30 minutes.

Now I noticed that my server goes to sleep already like one minute after my array goes inactive.

Did the setting changed somehow from minutes to seconds? Because I didn't change anything in my config regarding this.

Hi,

I'm using the S3 Sleep Plugin for quiet some time now and always used an 'extra delay after array inactivity' of 30 minutes.

Now I noticed that my server goes to sleep already like one minute after my array goes inactive.

Did the setting changed somehow from minutes to seconds? Because I didn't change anything in my config regarding this.

I just figured out (at least I think so) what is causing my problem.

Besides an 'extra delay after array inactivity' I was also using 'wait for device inactivity' with the ip adress of my LibreELEC vm.

It seems that both settings are causing some kind of conflict because when I remove the device inactivity setting the delay option works just fine.

Isn't it supposed to use both settings at the same time or is one setting priorized or something?

Hi bonienl,

First thanks for the plugins!  I just found this thread a day or so ago, and I'm really enjoying the benefit of quite a few of the plugins.

I was just wondering if it might be possible to add a Second CPU Core Temperature output field to the System Temp plugin?

Those of us running dual CPU systems, (Thanks to the E5-2670 Fire sale), would find it most welcome I'm sure.

Thanks again!

s3_sleep

Thanks to Dynamix for (updating) the plugin - with the 2016.09.24 update at least the powerdown script is being executed, so shutdown works again.

However, even before this update (but since moving to Unraid 6.2 stable) it was / is not detecting the HDD's spinning. Even immediately after spinning up all drives, it says the all monitored drives are spun down.

The system checks all drives, except for the cache SSD's.

As you know the minimum time before spinning down is 15 minutes. So after spinning up it should at least take 15 minutes for them to spin down.

Log:

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: killing s3_sleep process 18257

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: command-args=-C 2 -a -c -m 15 -e eth0 -N 0 -D 2

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: action mode=shutdown

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: check disks status=yes

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: check network activity=no

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: check active devices=no

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: check local login=no

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: check remote login=no

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: version=3.0.4

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: included disks=sdb sde sdf sdg sdh sdi sdj sdk sdl sdm

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sdc sdd

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: s3_sleep process ID 18509 started, To terminate it, type: s3_sleep -q

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Sep 25 12:13:34 Stacker s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 15 minute(s)

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker emhttp: Spinning up all drives...

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker emhttp: shcmd (370): /usr/sbin/hdparm -S0 /dev/sdc &> /dev/null

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (56): spinup 0

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (57): spinup 1

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (58): spinup 2

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (59): spinup 3

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (60): spinup 4

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (61): spinup 5

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (62): spinup 6

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (63): spinup 7

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (64): spinup 8

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker kernel: mdcmd (65): spinup 9

Sep 25 12:13:46 Stacker emhttp: shcmd (371): /usr/sbin/hdparm -S0 /dev/sdd &> /dev/null

Sep 25 12:14:34 Stacker s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Sep 25 12:14:34 Stacker s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 14 minute(s)

Sep 25 12:15:35 Stacker s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Sep 25 12:15:35 Stacker s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 13 minute(s)

Sep 25 12:16:35 Stacker s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Sep 25 12:16:35 Stacker s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 12 minute(s)

Sep 25 12:17:35 Stacker s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Sep 25 12:17:35 Stacker s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 11 minute(s)

Sep 25 12:18:35 Stacker s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

Sep 25 12:18:35 Stacker s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 10 minute(s)

Would you please have a look. Thanks.

I think I'm experiencing the same issue with the S3 Sleep Plugin. The extra delay after array inactivity is not working as expected.

Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: command-args=-C 1 -a -c -m 10 -e eth0 -N 0 -b /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/preRun -p /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/postRun -D 2
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: action mode=sleep
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: check disks status=yes
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: check network activity=no
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: check active devices=no
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: check local login=no
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: check remote login=no
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: version=3.0.4
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: included disks=sdb sdc sdd
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sde sdf
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: s3_sleep process ID 19523 started, To terminate it, type: s3_sleep -q
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:01:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 10 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:02:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:02:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 9 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:03:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:03:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 8 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:04:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:04:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 7 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:05:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:05:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 6 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:06:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:06:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 5 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:07:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:07:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 4 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:08:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:08:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 3 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:08:44 unMARV emhttp: Spinning up all drives...
Dec  1 13:08:44 unMARV emhttp: shcmd (16150): /usr/sbin/hdparm -S0 /dev/sde &> /dev/null
Dec  1 13:08:44 unMARV kernel: mdcmd (56): spinup 0
Dec  1 13:08:44 unMARV kernel: mdcmd (57): spinup 1
Dec  1 13:08:44 unMARV kernel: mdcmd (58): spinup 2
Dec  1 13:09:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:09:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 2 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:10:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:10:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 1 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:11:31 unMARV s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Dec  1 13:11:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 0 minute(s)
Dec  1 13:11:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Check TCP/SSH/TTY/IP activity
Dec  1 13:11:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Communication state is idle
Dec  1 13:11:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Execute custom commands before sleep
Dec  1 13:11:31 unMARV s3_sleep: Enter sleep state now

even after spinning up all drives the extra delay keeps counting.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

It would be nice if there were a plugin of some sort that would give an insight in storage growth. It could take a sample on a daily basis of:

- Used storage per disk

- Used storage per share

- Used storage in total

This could then be reported in a graph and preferably extrapolated based on the trend seen, therefor telling us when a system needs expansion..

really missing my fan speed control!!

@bonienl is this being looked at yet?

Sorry I was off for a while.

The issue is with PHP7 and deprecated functions in the fan speed code. Need to replace these.

sweet, do you have a ETA?

Never ask a developer for an ETA!  ;)  (If they give you one, you know you're talking to a new and inexperienced developer.)

You get the best results by saying "Since you are such a great developer, I know I'll be very happy with it - whenever it's ready."    :D

really missing my fan speed control!!

@bonienl is this being looked at yet?

Sorry I was off for a while.

The issue is with PHP7 and deprecated functions in the fan speed code. Need to replace these.

sweet, do you have a ETA?

Never ask a developer for an ETA!  ;)  (If they give you one, you know you're talking to a new and inexperienced developer.)

You get the best results by saying "Since you are such a great developer, I know I'll be very happy with it - whenever it's ready."    :D

i meant no disrespect, just was wondering if he has started to look into it is all..