[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

hmm ok looks like not every package has made it over to aur4 yet, and the aur helper tool im using doesnt search both aur and aur4  >:( ok have switched back the packages which havent made it over to aur4 yet, the following docker images were affected, please force update for any of the following:-

sabnzbdvpn, sabnazbd, sickbeard, teamspeak, get-iplayer

sickbeard-git is currently orphaned, so unless somebody takes this on it wont make the transition over to aur4, will monitor this.

sabnzbd looks like a dependency package on aur4 is broken (comment left), so again switched this back to aur for now, sorry about this guys, guess its growing pains, once aur has moved over to git (8th aug) then it should be back to business as usual.

Hi i'm new to docker and i'm trying to install Sabnzbd and sonarr from your repo.

I have made two shares: appdata (stores the config of the aplications) and unraid_downloads (wich will contain the downloaded files.)

Sabnzbd:

When i try installing Sabnzbd i use these volume mappings:

/config          /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/

/data            /mnt/user/unraid_downloads/

Are these volume mappings okay? will it work or do i need to map it differently?

Hi i'm new to docker and i'm trying to install Sabnzbd and sonarr from your repo.

I have made two shares: appdata (stores the config of the aplications) and unraid_downloads (wich will contain the downloaded files.)

Sabnzbd:

When i try installing Sabnzbd i use these volume mappings:

/config          /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/

/data            /mnt/user/unraid_downloads/

Are these volume mappings okay? will it work or do i need to map it differently?

looks good to me, just make sure appdata share is marked as cache-only otherwise the mover will move the files to the array. when configuring the application make sure to use the container volume, so /data for your downloads/watched/incomplete/etc and you should be fine.

i noticed your saving files to the array directly, thats fine but will of course mean the drives in the array will stay spun up, its not a problem but something to be aware of.

hi binhex thanks for the reply!

looks good to me, just make sure appdata share is marked as cache-only otherwise the mover will move the files to the array.

yes that is true.I have set the appdata share as cache-only. the /data  /mnt/user/unraid_downloads/ is also on the cache drive with the setting: cache-only.

when configuring the application make sure to use the container volume, so /data for your downloads/watched/incomplete/etc and you should be fine.

So when im configuring sabnzbd i would use for Temporary download folder: /data/incomplete?

i noticed your saving files to the array directly, thats fine but will of course mean the drives in the array will stay spun up, its not a problem but something to be aware of.

I wanted to make it so the downloads go to my cache drive, the unraid_downloads share are on my cache drive. Is this the "normal" way to do this or is it something else that is better?

Like i said I'm really new to this just installed the cache, and wanted to try out docker. Do you have any suggestion on how you would configure this? I'm open to any suggestions or tips.

I guess its easy to understand if you have done it once :)

/mnt/user/unraid_downloads/ is also on the cache drive

i would probably change that path, just so its clearer, so change it to "/mnt/cache/unraid_downloads/" think there are some performance benefits as well if you are referencing the disk share and not the user share :-).

sorry missed your other question:-

So when im configuring sabnzbd i would use for Temporary download folder: /data/incomplete?

yep you got it!.

i would probably change that path, just so its clearer, so change it to "/mnt/cache/unraid_downloads/" think there are some performance benefits as well if you are referencing the disk share and not the user share :-).
Ok thanks!

sorry missed your other question:-
i'm sorry questions pop up when I'm writing haha. Thanks for the help! I think i got an idea of how this works now :)

I updated sabnzbd and sickrage and now they both are not working correctly. Sabnzbd webui is not loading. Sickrage page is loading but no longer able to find shows when searching. Any one else having this problem? Both were working smoothly before the updates.

Sickrage is not working due to a bug in Sickrage that was fixed about 3-4 days ago (it's an error in scene_exceptions.py if you look in the sickrage logs).  It looks like the docker may have been updated recently but not enough to pull in that fix.  binhex, can it be updated?

hmm ok looks like not every package has made it over to aur4 yet, and the aur helper tool im using doesnt search both aur and aur4  >:( ok have switched back the packages which havent made it over to aur4 yet, the following docker images were affected, please force update for any of the following:-

sabnzbdvpn, sabnazbd, sickbeard, teamspeak, get-iplayer

sickbeard-git is currently orphaned, so unless somebody takes this on it wont make the transition over to aur4, will monitor this.

sabnzbd looks like a dependency package on aur4 is broken (comment left), so again switched this back to aur for now, sorry about this guys, guess its growing pains, once aur has moved over to git (8th aug) then it should be back to business as usual.

Thanks for the updates.... both SAB and SB are back working now after forced update!

-SW2

I updated sabnzbd and sickrage and now they both are not working correctly. Sabnzbd webui is not loading. Sickrage page is loading but no longer able to find shows when searching. Any one else having this problem? Both were working smoothly before the updates.

Sickrage is not working due to a bug in Sickrage that was fixed about 3-4 days ago (it's an error in scene_exceptions.py if you look in the sickrage logs).  It looks like the docker may have been updated recently but not enough to pull in that fix.  binhex, can it be updated?

hi johnc, im pulling stable "releases" only from sickrage, not from master branch, so im afraid you will have to wait until the next release, the good news is sickrage is VERY active right now and releases are coming out pretty much every 3-4 days, so expect a new release soon. if you want to track this then take a look here https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage/tags current release is 4.0.29

Hey i am using your Plex docker. It now comes and say theres is a update and i should install it manual. Is this correct or should i wait to there is a update in the docker section on unraid?

see FAQ Q2. on OP

Very nice job on the first post!

And I hope it's beginning to help you.  You'll know it's paying off when others begin to answer questions for you, and point to either of the FAQ's!

Hey i am using your Plex docker. It now comes and say theres is a update and i should install it manual. Is this correct or should i wait to there is a update in the docker section on unraid?

see FAQ Q2. on OP

Very nice job on the first post!

And I hope it's beginning to help you.  You'll know it's paying off when others begin to answer questions for you, and point to either of the FAQ's!

Thanks RobJ, i had actually done a brain dump of common questions and written the headings out the other night, so your post as spurred me on to pad them out and post them in this thread (second post), take a look and see what you think, am i missing any common questions you can think of?.

Thanks RobJ, i had actually done a brain dump of common questions and written the headings out the other night, so your post as spurred me on to pad them out and post them in this thread (second post), take a look and see what you think, am i missing any common questions you can think of?.

Looks terrific!  In fact, I'd like to see this (both leading posts) as a model for other repository support topics.

Back in the old v4 and v5 days, I made a small push to have FAQ's prepared, and linked in the big FAQ, for the major plugins and scripts, but did not get anywhere with it.  I've added a link to your FAQ in the leading post of the Docker FAQ, hope to do the same for more FAQ's.  It looked to me as if your questions and answers could be helpful to more users than just those who use your containers.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about your area of expertise to add anything, there was already more there than I could think of!  (There is an orphan 'bold off' at the FAQ end.)

hi again, i seem to have a problem with file permissions. When i download something i try to edit the foldername, but i get this message; you need permission from Unix user/nobody to make changes to the folder and files. the unraid_downloads share has it smb settings set to public. But still i get this error. anybody have any tips or info would be great :) im using sab to download and couchpotato to fetch the files. my appdata share has the smb settings set as secure, maybe this is causing problems?

hi again, i seem to have a problem with file permissions. When i download something i try to edit the foldername, but i get this message; you need permission from Unix user/nobody to make changes to the folder and files. the unraid_downloads share has it smb settings set to public. But still i get this error. anybody have any tips or info would be great :) im using sab to download and couchpotato to fetch the files. my appdata share has the smb settings set as secure, maybe this is causing problems?

in sabnzb settings>folders>permissions for completed downloads> change the value to "777". This will allow you to edit future files/folders that are created by sabnzbd.

If you want to change the permissions for an existing folder you would have to ssh and use chmod command. cd into the folder containing folder you want to change permission. then use "chmod 777 dir name". You should then be able to edit/delete from windows.

I'm new at most this stuff as well but these are some stuff i figured out so i thought i'd help out. If anything is wrong feel free to correct me.

Hello sgvnut thanks for the reply!

in sabnzb settings>folders>permissions for completed downloads> change the value to "777". This will allow you to edit future files/folders that are created by sabnzbd.

OK thanks I will adjust the settings when I get back home and check it out!

If you want to change the permissions for an existing folder you would have to ssh and use chmod command. cd into the folder containing folder you want to change permission. then use "chmod 777 dir name". You should then be able to edit/delete from windows.

Thanks this will be handy to know :)

Just curious as to why MovieGrabber does not have a webgui?

trying it out after being a faithful CP user.

Umm it does have :-) it's using same code as cp, cherrypy and cheetah.

You're correct, i guess i should have been more clear, i mean when you click on the docker from the docker page it doesn't have a webgui no biggie. but real noobs my get thrown on since the other poplar dockers have this,

I do some modification to my .ovpn file.

I can connect to Deluge or sabnzb, but it's impossible to connect to my news provider or my torrent... Connection refuse...

2015-06-27 13:53:29,761 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:

2015-06-27 13:53:29,760::INFO::[newswrapper:233] Failed to connect: (110, 'timed out') [email protected]:80

Here is my .ovpn file :

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote gw1.yul1.slickvpn.com 443
ping 300
ping-restart 600
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
ca ca.crt
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
crl-verify crl.pem
keysize 256
cipher AES-256-CBC

And my log file in attachment.

hi can you please post the sabnzbdvpn supervisord.txt file, also you might want to try connecting to a different vpn gateway, maybe they dont allow connections from known vpn ip ranges. you say also you cant connect to any seeds/peers too, im assuming thats what you mean by " impossible to connect to my news provider or my torrent"?, if so can you also post your delugevpn supervisord.log file and i will take a look.

Hi!

I siwtch to montreal vpn gateway to a toronto vpn gateway, same issue. I post my supervisord.txt file :)

It's wierd !

Otherwise, it does not a problem, I will create an account with PIA ;)

supervisord.txt

I can connect to Deluge or sabnzb, but it's impossible to connect to my news provider or my torrent... Connection refuse...

2015-06-27 13:53:29,760::INFO::[newswrapper:233] Failed to connect: (110, 'timed out') [email protected]:80

Here is my .ovpn file :

client
dev tun
proto udp
ping 300
ping-restart 600
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
ca ca.crt
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
crl-verify crl.pem
keysize 256
cipher AES-256-CBC

hi can you please post the sabnzbdvpn supervisord.txt file, also you might want to try connecting to a different vpn gateway, maybe they dont allow connections from known vpn ip ranges. you say also you cant connect to any seeds/peers too, im assuming thats what you mean by " impossible to connect to my news provider or my torrent"?, if so can you also post your delugevpn supervisord.log file and i will take a look.

Hi!

I siwtch to montreal vpn gateway to a toronto vpn gateway, same issue. I post my supervisord.txt file :)

It's wierd !

OK couple of questions for you, firstly I see your using the encrypted Usenet server, in assuming your account has SSL enabled yes? See here http://www.newsdemon.com/what-are-newsdemon-ports.php

Second question is have you also configured sabnzbd to tell it the server is using SSL? If not it will fail to connect.

One thing you can also try is to set VPN_enabled to no then restart the docker and see if you can download, if not then the issue is a configuration issue with sabnzbd.

Here is my .ovpn file :

client
dev tun
proto udp
ping 300
ping-restart 600
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
ca ca.crt
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
verb 1
reneg-sec 0
crl-verify crl.pem
keysize 256
cipher AES-256-CBC

Hi!

It's wierd !

OK couple of questions for you, firstly I see your using the encrypted Usenet server, in assuming your account has SSL enabled yes? See here http://www.newsdemon.com/what-are-newsdemon-ports.php

Second question is have you also configured sabnzbd to tell it the server is using SSL? If not it will fail to connect.

One thing you can also try is to set VPN_enabled to no then restart the docker and see if you can download, if not then the issue is a configuration issue with sabnzbd.

Yes, sabnzbd is correctly configured. If I set VPN_ENABLED to no, I can download! Also, I try a PIA account, and it's working. It seem to be not working with SlickVPN... Weird!