[Plug-In] Community Applications

Installing dynamix file integrity has been giving these errors for several days now from China.  Since github has been accessible again in China, this might be a real issue, not sure....

Or just China related  (behind the GFWC)

plugin: installing: https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.file.integrity.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.file.integrity.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.file.integrity.plg ... done
plugin: downloading: http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/a/inotify-tools-3.14-x86_64-1.txz ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/a/inotify-tools-3.14-x86_64-1.txz download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

From your log, it seems like this site is blocked, since it failed to download http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/a/inotify-tools-3.14-x86_64-1.txz

anyone know a solution for my previous error?

Hey peeps,

I keep getting the "download of source file has failed" error. I even tried "update applications" to trigger the re-download of it.

I also checked: http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json and thats available (even wgetting on the unraid box fetches the right result)

any ideas?

also, when I try to change a setting I get:

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/Repositories.json): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 35 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 37 Warning: natcasesort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 40 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 44

Hey peeps,

I keep getting the "download of source file has failed" error. I even tried "update applications" to trigger the re-download of it.

I also checked: http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json and thats available (even wgetting on the unraid box fetches the right result)

any ideas?

The errors when making changes to settings is because I didn't consider that the downloads might fail on the settings.  Will update and fix

As far as not being able to download at all,

- What version of CA?

- Try uninstalling and reinstalling

- Are you behind a VPN?

Hey peeps,

any ideas?

I've been playing around, and as far as I can tell the code in CA works perfectly.  (Assuming that permissions in the tmp folder are correct - which if they are not somehow [no clue how they could ever change])

Which leaves me with only two suggestions - Either somehow its in your network and/or ISP, or your root folder (/tmp) is full due to maybe a previously installed plugin / docker app / memory starvation due to over provisioning a vm, etc

Added in an option to significantly speed up backups when using dated backups in conjunction with automatic deletions

I'm really digging the work on the Backup Appdata feature - thanks!

Have you considered using hard links to create subsequent backups? Since we're already working off of /mnt/diskX rather than a user share, they should work. It would mean that each subsequent backup would only require the space of the differences, rather than all files again. It may also speed up backups a bit more.

yep.jpg

If you're like me (hopefully not), you've probably got a ton of excess appdata folders for applications which you no longer have installed, and probably will not install again.

Added in a module which goes through the list of your previously installed applications, find's the appdata folder locations, compares it to the appdata list for your installed applications and then prompts you to delete the orphaned ones.

This will not touch any appdata that might happen to be used for a plugin, a VM, etc.

I'm trying to install it.

But i'm getting 'Network failure"

I've just updated to version 6.1.9 (from 5.0.rc16)

The system is running the first parity check in the background.

Any pointers to where i should look to fix the issue?

Try settings ==> network settings ==> Set DNS to 8.8.8.8

I'm trying to install it.

But i'm getting 'Network failure"

I've just updated to version 6.1.9 (from 5.0.rc16)

The system is running the first parity check in the background.

Any pointers to where i should look to fix the issue?

Try settings ==> network settings ==> Set DNS to 8.8.8.8

I had a DNS setting from the old system, but moved DNS 1 to DNS 3, and entered 8.8.8.8 in the DNS 1 box.

And the plugin's now run.  :)

But does my change have any other effect?

No.  It's just forcing unRaid to use a particular address to resolve domain names (in this case Google's DNS servers) and bypassing whatever your ISP has chosen to use (in my case, Bell Sympatico's DNS servers are beyond crap)

No.  It's just forcing unRaid to use a particular address to resolve domain names (in this case Google's DNS servers) and bypassing whatever your ISP has chosen to use (in my case, Bell Sympatico's DNS servers are beyond crap)

Hey Squid...

Love the appdata backup part of this, any chance of adding a /boot backup as well?

Hey Squid...

Love the appdata backup part of this, any chance of adding a /boot backup as well?

See here

Hey Squid...

See here

/hangs head in shame that he didn't search. Thanks Trurl

Nobody searches in this thread as 90+% of the posts are all OT  (just the way I like it  ;D  )

But my stance on flash drive backup hasn't changed.  And TBH I don't really see much need for it as in this world of VMs and Docker, most of the settings are actually stored within the array / docker image / system image etc.

Nobody searches in this thread as 90+% of the posts are all OT  (just the way I like it  ;D  )

But my stance on flash drive backup hasn't changed.  And TBH I don't really see much need for it as in this world of VMs and Docker, most of the settings are actually stored within the array / docker image / system image etc.

Only thing is the user template XMLs for docker and XMLs for VMs (passthru) stored on flash drive.  I know I'm probably an odd use-case here, but when I had my flash drive die resetting up all my volume/port mappings was a real PITA.  That would be the only argument I have for the flash drive.

EDIT: I agree its most of the time a one time backup, but adding some ease for users would be nice.

Only thing is the user template XMLs for docker and XMLs for VMs (passthru) stored on flash drive.  I know I'm probably an odd use-case here, but when I had my flash drive die resetting up all my volume/port mappings was a real PITA.  That would be the only argument I have for the flash drive.

EDIT: I agree its most of the time a one time backup, but adding some ease for users would be nice.

Good point.  But its such an easy thing to do yourself that it's almost criminal to not do it yourself periodically.

Good point.  But its such an easy thing to do yourself that it's almost criminal to not do it yourself periodically.

/whinyvoice  but I want someone else to set it up for me to happen automatically ;)

I agree with you though.

/whinyvoice  but I want someone else to set it up for me to happen automatically ;)

Already exists:  Read here and And here    :P

Already exists:  Read here and And here    :P

1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_su.jpg~c200

yep.jpg

If you're like me (hopefully not), you've probably got a ton of excess appdata folders for applications which you no longer have installed, and probably will not install again.

Added in a module which goes through the list of your previously installed applications, find's the appdata folder locations, compares it to the appdata list for your installed applications and then prompts you to delete the orphaned ones.

This will not touch any appdata that might happen to be used for a plugin, a VM, etc.

Hi Squid I just ran the clean appdata module. It found 2 appdata folders from old apps. So i selected them to delete.

Unfortunately it deleted all my appdata folders. Looking at the module it still says i have one folder listed

SABnzbd: /mnt/cache/appdata/      however that isnt there in my appdata?

edit ..

Just selected the above to be deleted again and message i get is

Are you sure you want to delete these folders? /mnt/cache/appdata/

is it is deleting everything in my appadata. I let it then folder again. Then ran module again this time i said i have no orphaned appdata folders. I then started emby which created the emby appdata folder again.

I checked the module again and it once again tells me i have one orpaned appdat  SABnzbd: /mnt/cache/appdata/

Any idea why this is happening on my system?

edit 2....

ok I remember. i guess at one time SABnzbd  put its files in the root of my appdata folder. As i manually deleted these files with krusader your module thought they are still present and deletes all files in appdata :-(

1appdata.png

2 small things Squid  ;)

A typo here:

width=200https://i.imgur.com/pVTZJjZ.png[/img]

And why does this appear then I select "put backups into sparate dated sub folders?", if I click it I get a list of folders of my appdata share (same as the one on the top right corner).

width=200https://i.imgur.com/L7gOK2V.png[/img]

I'm sure its not the only typo... Thanks

That drop down when you're in dated backups is to select which backup to restore from.  In your case, since you've already been using non-dated backups, it's going to display all the folders available.  On a nice clean fresh backup folder it would only display the dated ones.  I'm displaying every folder because if you're not using the autodelete feature in conjunction with dated backups, then you are free to rename the folder as you choose (ie: the date followed by a comment)

yep.jpg

Hi Squid I just ran the clean appdata module. It found 2 appdata folders from old apps. So i selected them to delete.

Unfortunately it deleted all my appdata folders. Looking at the module it still says i have one folder listed

SABnzbd: /mnt/cache/appdata/      however that isnt there in my appdata?

edit ..

Just selected the above to be deleted again and message i get is

Are you sure you want to delete these folders? /mnt/cache/appdata/

is it is deleting everything in my appadata. I let it then folder again. Then ran module again this time i said i have no orphaned appdata folders. I then started emby which created the emby appdata folder again.

I checked the module again and it once again tells me i have one orpaned appdat  SABnzbd: /mnt/cache/appdata/

Any idea why this is happening on my system?

edit 2....

ok I remember. i guess at one time SABnzbd  put its files in the root of my appdata folder. As i manually deleted these files with krusader your module thought they are still present and deletes all files in appdata :-(

1appdata.png

ok... There was a possibility I just never considered...  The key here is that as you've recalled, SAB used to be pointed at /mnt/cache/appdata instead of /mnt/cache/appdata/sab

CA went through, saw that sab is no longer installed (and the last installation of it had the incorrect mapping), so CA dutifully (after you said yes to the confirmation prompting to delete the entire appdata) deleted it.

It winds up coming back prompting to delete it because other docker apps have recreated the appdata share.

Sorry.  I just never considered an app completely misconfigured like that as a possibility  :(  I'll add some checks to prevent this from happening again.

In the meantime, I hope that you have a backup of the appdata folder, and I would suggest going to CA's previous apps section and clicking on the red-x next to sab to get rid of that template so that this cannot happen again.