[Plug-In] Community Applications

2 hours ago, ByronBand said:

Hello, Is Community Apps down right now? Everything else is working. I'm getting this error right now:

Download of appfeed failed.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down. See also this post for more information

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

Yup, GitHub is having major issues right now.  CA automatically switches to its backup server (hosted by LT), but if you're seeing that message you're also unable to reach that server.  All you can do is wait for things to get resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 7:06 AM, Bharadwaj Mathukumilli said:

Apologies for the delayed response. Tried it in Chrome and Firefox with extensions enabled and disabled. No difference. 

Firewalls?   This problem (the extraneous"?" being inserted into the communication between the browser and the server has to be something specific to your setup.

ive been having the issue recently with the "appfeed failed" as well. It works perfectly for a few days after a fresh restart or if i refresh the network settings, it will pull updates and I can browse the app store but if it sits for to long it gives me this error. I also run into an issue where I cant check for unraid updates as well when the appstore stops working. It seems to me like anytime theres any kind of packet loss or down time on the wan is when I see this. I cant 100% confirm this is what causes it.

I am using the built in adblocker in unifi, but if it was outright blocking the connection i shouldnt be able to connect at all to the app store/do updates/pull new containers correct?

2 hours ago, Squid said:

That's your key here. 

Just weird to me that it only happens when it sits running for a week or so, fresh reboot is fine. I would assume if it was being blocked it would be blocked all the time. I initially thought that it had something to do with an improper config with the network interfaces being setup for a failover so I switched it to just eth0 since that was the only active interface. I guess I will have to turn off adblocking all together and see what happens.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Have you tried new cabling?  Different ports on switch / router / modem?

The packetloss is on the WAN side, My provider just upgraded to highsplit service and theyre battling crazy interference right now.

The Notification Banner at the top for example Update is available have not the Option for Read the Change Log. Maybe he can a forwarding to the Update Checker and than to the Update OS booth under Tools and can show than the Changelog and after check the Checkbox starting the Update or Upgrade with a previous Backup of the flash drive.

The Notification have no difference between a Major Upgrade 6.12 and a Minor/Update 6.12.3, always he says a Upgrade is available.

11 hours ago, Revan335 said:

The Notification Banner at the top for example Update is available have not the Option for Read the Change Log. Maybe he can a forwarding to the Update Checker and than to the Update OS booth under Tools and can show than the Changelog and after check the Checkbox starting the Update or Upgrade with a previous Backup of the flash drive.

The Notification have no difference between a Major Upgrade 6.12 and a Minor/Update 6.12.3, always he says a Upgrade is available.

It shows the change log.   Click the "i"

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is not the correct thread for my issue but since I updated to 6.12.3 from 6.11.5 I'm unable to update my docker containers, they don't pull any data, or simply get the splash screen with the green dots for hours...
I'm able to install a new container and update plugins.

The diagnostics file attached was pulled this morning since now, I can't even download a new one, also getting the green dots...

I've change settings of docker to use ipvlan from macvlan but I fear that that was the issue that caused this and everything was working on 6.11.5

Changed the DNS settings to include 9.9.9.9 and the primary is 8.8.8.8 (Google) secondary 9.9.9.9 (quad9) and 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare)

I also added to the Plex extra arguments --no-healthcheck alongside --runtime=nvidia and its set: --runtime=nvidia --no-healthcheck

Any help will be very much appreciated

dracul-diagnostics-20230718-0844.zip

18 minutes ago, Squid said:

I assume you're talking about updating within the docker tab.  Do they update if you go to Apps - Action Centre?

(and yes, this thread isn't the applicable place.  General Support would be the best)

In the action centre I have the same issue and have an error that the container with the same name already exists.

One thing I found out is that if I access the GUI via the IP of the server It usually works but if I access via dracul.local it won't work and get DNS error that it can't be reached which is odd since I always accessed the GUI via dracul.local and if I wait a while it's available again.

In windows the shares are mapped as network drives and all have \\dracul.local\name of share and I'm able to access it.

(Should I delete and create a new one or can be moved. Again sorry for any inconvenience)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this error after an update to the community app.

Something really wrong went on during force_update
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Language:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>1021</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>1023</b><br /> {"status":"ok","script":"feedWarning('Primary Server');$('.statistics').attr('title','July 29, 2023 @ 3:04 pm');"}

Turn off PHP errors in Tools - PHP Settings  (CA is not designed around having them turned on and if anything ever happens, then it will effectively crash.

But, FWIW that is already fixed for next release (was also pointed out to me by the resident PHP cop this morning)

Hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've tried to search and find a solution myself, but alas...nothing that helps. So looking to this community for a solution.

My flash drive died. Fortunately, I was able to resurrect my Unraid system without any media file lost...or so I thought. It looks like CA leverages the flash drive for storage, and I no longer have whatever files the original CA installation stored on the failed flash drive. All of my apps' containers are running, but I'm not able to update them, edit their configuration, etc. Also, what's weird is that although this is a fresh install of CA and it doesn't show any "Installed Apps" other than itself, it actually knows (sort of) the apps I have installed because when I search for them and click "Actions" the only option is to Update (i.e., Install is not an option). The catalog listing for each of the running apps also flags them as having an update available, even though CA doesn't show the apps in the "Installed" list.

Is there a way to (1) recreate the configuration or (2) reinstall the apps but retain the existing data stored in the apps' persistent path mappings? I can't find any Web UI approach to either method...but I may not be looking in the right place.

Edited by tackrowten

It's actually the OS itself that saves the templates to the flash drive.  CA just leverages them (but that is all semantics)

Is the original flash still readable at all?  You want to copy /config/plugins/dockerMan from the old one to the new one.

Barring that, you will need to make a note of every path mapping, ports etc on the installed containers by going to Docker (switch to advanced view) and then expand every section.

Then you'll uninstall each container and add it again via CA and replicate your setup on the template.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

sorry if it exists I could not find it.

I recently published my first community app and I would really like to be aware of how many new downloads of the app I have.

I currently monitor the docker image downloads but that doesn't provides me the source is it for unRAID or not ?

Do you think it could become something available in the future ?

Thank you!

Didn't know if I should just start a new topic or not but I've built a new server and when I load Community Apps I automatically get the Backup Server Active error. I've read this could be due to github issues but the interesting thing is my other server doesn't have issues. I built the server had some issues and did a rebuild keeping the key file only. Not sure if this is where to ask the question but has anyone seen this before? 

Edited by madcow5x5
3 hours ago, sbeex said:

Hi folks,

sorry if it exists I could not find it.

I recently published my first community app and I would really like to be aware of how many new downloads of the app I have.

I currently monitor the docker image downloads but that doesn't provides me the source is it for unRAID or not ?

Do you think it could become something available in the future ?

Thank you!

CA pulls the stats off of dockerHub, so it is across the board -> not unraid specific.  Until the container reaches a certain threshhold of pulls, CA doesn't show the counts or keep graphs etc on it. Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 6.48.15 PM.png

2 hours ago, madcow5x5 said:

Didn't know if I should just start a new topic or not but I've built a new server and when I load Community Apps I automatically get the Backup Server Active error. I've read this could be due to github issues but the interesting thing is my other server doesn't have issues. I built the server had some issues and did a rebuild keeping the key file only. Not sure if this is where to ask the question but has anyone seen this before? 

Its either GitHub (they were having some problems yesterday) or your server is unable to reach github itself.  Not much difference except that plugin installs may fail and some icons for various apps may be missing.

11 hours ago, Squid said:

CA pulls the stats off of dockerHub, so it is across the board -> not unraid specific.  Until the container reaches a certain threshhold of pulls, CA doesn't show the counts or keep graphs etc on it. Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 6.48.15 PM.png

Hi @Squid,

(let me rephrase)

Could CA consider to implement a counter for the clicks on install button ?

I would like to know more how many traffic comes from Unraid vs general docker usage.

Edited by sbeex

The homebridge plugin listed on CA is using a deprecated repo. Currently it pulls from oznu/homebridge:ubuntu which hasn't been updated in 8 months. You can see on the oznu/homebridge repo at the top of the readme that they moved the image https://github.com/homebridge/docker-homebridge#important-update

We have moved the hosting of the offical homebridge docker image from oznu/homebridge to homebridge/homebridge. Please update your environments as needed to pickup the latest image.

So the listing should be updated to use homebridge/homebridge:ubuntu (which was updated as recently as last month)

Old: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/oznu/homebridge

New: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/homebridge/homebridge

The newer one has much newer versions of Ubuntu and Node.js preinstalled as well

• Like 1

I have nothing to do per se with the applications listed within Apps.  To get the repository changed, you want to post in the relevant support thread by @Siwat2545.

That being said, for updates to the application, oznu states

You can update Homebridge, the Homebridge UI and the Node.js runtime from inside the container.

IE: Simply because the container itself isn't updated doesn't mean that the application isn't (or can't be).  Something akin to ordering a new phone from Apple and the shipping container is the same one they used 2 years ago, but the phone within the container is up to date.