[Plug-In] Community Applications

16 hours ago, Kilrah said:

需要位于文件夹中,即

community.applications/private/yourname/taglib.xml

Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried this path and it still cannot be used. I have checked the open source code for ‘community. applications‘ and the path you provided is fine, but it is indeed unable to load private files. My version is currently the latest. Believe me, I've done it.
image.png.31182ffaa159f4400192ab3f3b371737.png
image.thumb.png.0306991cadb7d8cc660116c8fb055b82.png
image.thumb.png.79d3d36c5ffa56d88fe8d3fd07de34ee.png

Edited by dixtdf
6 hours ago, Squid said:

To be honest, I'm not even really sure if Plugins work as being "Private".  At the very least I know that plugins being "private" were never tested.

But as to your question, unfortunately I do get busy / tied up on occasion but I was planning on doing a full security audit of the plugin tonight.

@Squid I am an independent developer and can't prove that there are security issues with the plugins I write, but I feel that some plugins are not better implemented, so I write my own plugins.  I want to share my best experience with all 'unraid' users, regardless of whether the plugin's launch has little impact on me.  Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to reply me

Edited by dixtdf
On 10/24/2023 at 9:26 PM, dixtdf said:

I am an independent developer and can't prove that there are security issues with the plugins

Not how things work.  As a plugin developer you are 100% responsible for any and all security issues for your plugins.  That being said, it is in CA

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reviewing the posts on the matter of the NVIDIA Tesla P4 and would like to know if anyone has any information regarding it's use with Intel XEON processors .  I am attempting to use the NVIDIA Tesla P4 in my 4U for Plex and VM instances.  However, the active apps never display usage when the VM's are activated. Thoughts?

I'd like to understand, how exactly are the Template XMLs connected with the actual running containers. (e.g. for providing the Icon)

I want to know it, because i want to link a Template XML (e.g. by script) to an existing container, that has been spawned by docker-compose. Is that possible? I know its not really how CA is meant to be used, but this is a very special use case :)

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Not that I know of.

The Compose plugin lets you define icons etc and will set the right labels for unraid to display them though.

Hmm, i guess thats not working for me. I got a Master Container (with template) but this one only spawns 2 other Containers via Docker Compose and then deletes itself. If it was e.g. just connected by the container name, i could include a script to the Master Container, which puts an Template xml to the spawned containers. Thats why i try to understand how the actual running container is connected to the template.

5 hours ago, HanSolo97 said:

Hmm, i guess thats not working for me. I got a Master Container (with template) but this one only spawns 2 other Containers via Docker Compose and then deletes itself. 

@Kilrah was talking about the Compose manager unRAID plugin, not docker compose itself. 

I dont really know that much about  the template system itself but if you can get your master container to add labels to the containers it spawns that would be the easiest way to get icons. All you need is to add a label "net.unraid.docker.icon=url-to-icon" to each container. Alternatively maybe look into the  FolderView plugin.

1 hour ago, primeval_god said:

@Kilrah was talking about the Compose manager unRAID plugin, not docker compose itself. 

I dont really know that much about  the template system itself but if you can get your master container to add labels to the containers it spawns that would be the easiest way to get icons. All you need is to add a label "net.unraid.docker.icon=url-to-icon" to each container. Alternatively maybe look into the  FolderView plugin.

Added this to my docker-compose.yml:

deploy:

labels:

net.unraid.docker.icon: https://example.org/example.png

Is that how you meant it? Doesnt seem to work so far.

11 minutes ago, HanSolo97 said:

Added this to my docker-compose.yml:

deploy:

labels:

net.unraid.docker.icon: https://example.org/example.png

Is that how you meant it? Doesnt seem to work so far.

Yeah that is what should work, make sure the containers were redeployed after you added that line. You can do a "docker inspect 'container_name'" on the containers to make sure the labels are set. You may need to reboot unRAID, one downside of using the container labels is that currently the webui caches the icon and changing the icon url label will not change the image until that cache is invalidated.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, primeval_god said:

Yeah that is what should work, make sure the containers were redeployed after you added that line. You can do a "docker inspect 'container_name'" on the containers to make sure the labels are set. You may need to reboot unRAID, one downside of using the container labels is that currently the webui caches the icon and changing the icon url label will not change the image until that cache is invalidated.

Needed to change it to work, removed the deploy section and just set:

labels:

- "net.unraid.docker.icon=...." 

Now icons being pulled, even without restart of unraid :)

Is it also possible to link a Template XML that way?

Edited by HanSolo97
11 minutes ago, HanSolo97 said:

Needed to change it to work, removed the deploy section and just set:

labels:

- "net.unraid.docker.icon=...." 

Now icons being pulled, even without restart of unraid :)

Is it also possible to link a Template XML that way?

The only labels currently supported are for icon, shell, and webui.

51 minutes ago, primeval_god said:

The only labels currently supported are for icon, shell, and webui.

I just discovered the label "net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman" by looking at a existing container, that i pulled from community applications.

Also as far as i know, templates are located in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/ and are named "my-<container-name>.xml" 

So i tried setting this label, and also creating an xml file with the correct name.
But it still doesnt connect to the template. Not that easy ;)

But slowly getting more and more knowledge about how this actually works in the background :)

Edited by HanSolo97

Hey

I am trying to install the unassigned devices plugin and running into a network error. 

plugin: unassigned.devices.plg download failure: Network failure

I have set both the IP and DNS to static. Using 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.222.222. as my DNS servers. 

I am able to ping raw.githubusercontent.com but not https://raw.githubusercontent.com/

I reinstalled CA to see if it was an issue within CA. While i was reinstalling CA ran into a host of these network issues. Then magically it just worked. 

Seeing a message that Backup Server is active not sure how to fix that.

I am attaching the diagnostics/debugging file from CA. Any help would be appreciated.  

Update: Got the unassigned devices plugin to install but the same issue with 'Unassigned Devices Preclear'

plugin: unassigned.devices.preclear.plg download failure: Network failure

Attaching an additional log file.

CA-Logging-20231118-0924.zip

CA-Logging-20231118-0930.zip

Edited by Bharadwaj Mathukumilli
Some thing worked but overall still an issue to be resolved.
On 11/17/2023 at 10:56 PM, Bharadwaj Mathukumilli said:

I am trying to install the unassigned devices plugin and running into a network error. 

You should post your diagnostics.  But, everything in CA logging looks ok except that you cannot hit github at all, and without being able to do that you will pretty much always have problems with plugins (and icons)

If you're running a firewall etc, then maybe you're inadvertently blocking it etc

Just a note that the next release of CA (within a week) will set the minimum OS version to be 6.12.0

I'm actively redoing certain sections of the program which already have compatibility layers for < 6.12.0 and its just not becoming feasible to maintain compatibility with prior versions

4 minutes ago, PicPoc said:

Outch !!!!!! :(

Doesn't mean 6.11 stops working with CA.  Just no further updates to CA will be compatible.  Plugins tab (or CA's update banner) shouldn't show the update being available.  FCP will however bitch and complain

Besides, a previous commit I had already made regarding the next rev disabled Action Centre on <6.12 as it's too aggravating to test the fixes for CA creating orphaned images on updates back that far.

Unraid Versions vs Windows Versions. (Pretty fair based upon the OS / GUI code and the necessary compatibility layers for plugins)

< 6.0 stable = MSDOS

6.0 - 6.1.9 = Windows 3.0

6.2 - 6.3.9 = Windows 3.11

6.4 - 6.6 = Windows XP

6.7 - 6.9 = Windows Vista

6.10 / 6.11 = Windows 7

6.12 = Windows 10

6.13 = Windows 11

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Squid said:

You should post your diagnostics.  But, everything in CA logging looks ok except that you cannot hit github at all, and without being able to do that you will pretty much always have problems with plugins (and icons)

If you're running a firewall etc, then maybe you're inadvertently blocking it etc

Here are the diagnostics. As far as I know I am not running any firewall that is setup to block GitHub. To be more clear I didnt setup any firewall. 

tower-diagnostics-20231120-0753.zip

As previously mentioned, today's release of CA brings it minimum requirements for the OS to now be 6.12.0. This is mainly because of the necessity to test, add in compatibility code etc for a number of other fixes contained within this release for OS versions 6.9 - 6.11. TBH its not worth my time and effort (realistically this takes days full time to do) to support deprecated versions of the OS.  (And its already enough of a PITA to test back to 6.12.x when I run 6.13 on my systems)

Big fix here is regarding AC creating orphans when performing multiple upgrades.  You should check Docker (Advanced View) and delete any orphans which are present)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1