unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc4-x86_64 Available

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, all of my shares show the yellow triangle meaning: Some or all files are on unprotected storage....

Parity is ok and I'm not using a cache drive. Any ideas?

This is a known bug => I reported it very early in this thread;  others have noted the same;  and Tom is aware of it ...

... Yeah that's a bug.

possible docker issue?

root@vault13:~# docker ps
FATA[0000] Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.18/containers/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory. Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?

I've noticed on RC4 the page update frequency feature set to real time does not dynamically update my drives read/writes until i refresh the webpage. This is from multiple pcs/browsers. Any ideas?

Read/Write counters are updated every minute, this hasn't changed.

Has anyone else lost the ability to see Docker logs?  It opens the popup window, but never receives any data.  Tried running the command-line version, and didn't get any output either (I've left the popup window up for an hour+ and no data filled).

I'm experiencing the same issue here since the upgrade from RC3 to RC4.

1. Dashboard view, opening the logs of a VM or Docker opens an empty window that never gets filled

2. Dashboard view, click on unraid log opens an empty window as well

3. Docker and VMs views, opening logs has the same result, a white window with no info

Command line does work

/usr/bin/tail -n 42 -f /var/log/syslog 2>&1

/usr/bin/docker logs --tail=350 -f PlexMediaServer 2>&1

Tested with Firefox 38 and IE 11

Hadn't noticed the main unraid logs showing up the same (white/blank window with waiting for server in the bottom), but can verify now that it's doing just that on any attempt to view logs from the webui.  I will say I was able to open ONE log file when I rebooted my system, but any subsequent attempt shows the white window.

Has anyone else lost the ability to see Docker logs?  It opens the popup window, but never receives any data.  Tried running the command-line version, and didn't get any output either (I've left the popup window up for an hour+ and no data filled).

1. Dashboard view, opening the logs of a VM or Docker opens an empty window that never gets filled

3. Docker and VMs views, opening logs has the same result, a white window with no info

Command line does work

Command line does work

Have you tried to clear your browser cache (shift-ctrl-del) ?

flash drive share settings should also be moved to the now unified (almost) shares page. IMHO :)

No flash is a special case. Export function & settings need to be available all the time.

User shares and disk shares on the other hand are not available when the array is stopped.

flash drive share settings should also be moved to the now unified (almost) shares page. IMHO :)

No flash is a special case. Export function & settings need to be available all the time.

User shares and disk shares on the other hand are not available when the array is stopped.

What stops that from happening if you move the entry point to the settings|share page? With the array stopped all other shares configs are unavailable, flash is.

As it is now disk shares are not available from the main page, or specifically everything else is accessed from the shares page, so having the flash share config entry point be the main page is even more confusing from a gui design consistency standpoint. Flash is not THAT special that it should require its own, and unique, entry point.

Have you tried to clear your browser cache (shift-ctrl-del) ?

Yes, and same result.

I'll try to investigate further as this is kind of annoying

My logs are working ... this happens to all your installed Dockers ?

Plex docker logs are showing up from the webgui. Though I will say they always seem a bit sparse compared to what i'm used to seeing in my arch VM. If/when i ever have real problems with plex i worry I won't have the info needed to troubleshoot. but that is another post.

Yes all Dockers (4), VMs (1) and unraid log fails to show

Logs are working, just the webgui fails to show them

Have you tried a different machine?  I have had (since back in the Dynamix days on 5.X) one machine that refuses to show the system or docker logs in the pop up window (it just shows a blank white screen).  It doesn't matter what browser I use.  On other machines, it displays fine in all the browsers.  Perhaps this is related?

Have you tried a different machine?  I have had (since back in the Dynamix days on 5.X) one machine that refuses to show the system or docker logs in the pop up window (it just shows a blank white screen).  It doesn't matter what browser I use.  On other machines, it displays fine in all the browsers.  Perhaps this is related?

Good guess,

It's working fine from my laptop.

I've tried to revert to rc3 (which by the way is smooth and easy with the new procedure) and had the same result from my main computer, empty log windows.

If anyone has a guess about what could be causing this, anyway I'll have a way to see logs using my laptop for the time being

Thanks

I'm trying it from my work machine, will try on my home machine and see if that changes anything.  It did pull up logs here prior to RC4 though, and I was able to pull up one docker log earlier (I went straight to the docker page after I started array, and brought up a log for duckdns, which showed, then tried pysab, but that nor any other logs show now).  Even running the command that the web log viewer uses to populate the screen on a command line hangs indefinitely.

*EDIT*  My home machine will open the logs fine.  Never had any problem prior to RC4 on my work machine though. 

Yes all Dockers (4), VMs (1) and unraid log fails to show

Logs are working, just the webgui fails to show them

Good guess,

I've tried to revert to rc3 (which by the way is smooth and easy with the new procedure) and had the same result from my main computer, empty log windows.

If anyone has a guess about what could be causing this, anyway I'll have a way to see logs using my laptop for the time being

Thanks

Do you have some add-on or plugin install in your browser that it is intended to block pop-ups?

Good guess,

Thanks

This happened to me on a previous upgrade. I ended up finding an old log window (which had worked) was still open. After closing the old log window, a new log window worked fine. I tried to reproduce the problem but couldn't.

It would be nice if the on/off state was more evident (the icon changes slightly -- a very small depressed look -- but it'd be nice if it was more apparent.

For me, it is very clear when the help is turned on - the 'button' changes from from grey to a very obvious black.  With the mouse 'over', the button is a less obvious darker grey.

It would be nice if the on/off state was more evident (the icon changes slightly -- a very small depressed look -- but it'd be nice if it was more apparent.

For me, it is very clear when the help is turned on - the 'button' changes from from grey to a very obvious black.  With the mouse 'over', the button is a less obvious darker grey.

CouchPotato does a nice job of making it very clear...

ai9sTMz.png

TXuhNhT.png

But honestly...I can see the toggle just fine in the unRAID Webui.

John

When trying to create a new VM, I cannot see the shares (above).  I only see Disk1 through Disk5, as well as "user".    Meaning I can't select my "VM_Images" share as where the VM should be installed.

I see the below is a known issue, please ignore this part:

Does anyone else's shares show up with a yellow triangle ("Some or all files are on unprotected storage.")

I don't have a cache drive, and all my shares are on the "normal" (for a lack of a better term) disks, XFS formatted.

When trying to create a new VM, I cannot see the shares (above).  I only see Disk1 through Disk5, as well as "user".    Meaning I can't select my "VM_Images" share as where the VM should be installed.

I see the below is a known issue, please ignore this part:

Does anyone else's shares show up with a yellow triangle ("Some or all files are on unprotected storage.")

I don't have a cache drive, and all my shares are on the "normal" (for a lack of a better term) disks, XFS formatted.

Your share should be listed as a sub folder under "user".

Your other issue sounds like a bug.