[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Attached is my full diagnostic server log.  I found out that drive 1 is having some sector issues, but nothing showed up on the dashboard.  I will be replacing it later today.  However, I don't think this has anything to do with not being to re-instal Plex.

Would I need to delete everything related to Plex from the config and appdata folders?  I've tried to install LimeTech and 2 other Plex plugins via docker, and I am not able to get to install.  Thanks for all the help.

tower-diagnostics-20160305-0351.zip

I've tried to install LimeTech and 2 other Plex plugins via docker, and I am not able to get to install.  Thanks for all the help.

So you're saying you can't get any of the Plex docker containers to install?  Sounds like this is a problem that is more than just Plex if so.  What other containers you got?  How big is your docker.img? Where is your docker.img?

Attached is my full diagnostic server log.  I found out that drive 1 is having some sector issues, but nothing showed up on the dashboard.  I will be replacing it later today.  However, I don't think this has anything to do with not being to re-instal Plex.

Would I need to delete everything related to Plex from the config and appdata folders?  I've tried to install LimeTech and 2 other Plex plugins via docker, and I am not able to get to install.  Thanks for all the help.

Update your sig, obviously you are not running V5.

Are you sure your docker img isn't full?

I updated unRAID and then updated this Plex container and no issues for me.

Can you post a screenshot for your Plex docker container setup?

Thanks!  Any way to run on the plexpass version ?  I did not read all the thread :P

I'm already running, but not on the plexpass version.

** EDIT **

Forget that stupid question, I set VERSION to plexpass, now have the plexpass version :) 

That also fixed my CPU usage issue that the version 6.1.9 brought this morning (that was caused by my aging needo plex Docker.)

I did not find a Linuxserver general thread, so I post here istead. Still relevant.

I am not using any dockers from Linuxserver atm, but I am maybe switching to. I have heard that to update dockers, you have to restart it.

If I go to the docker tab on my unRAID server, and click "check for updates", will the new update show up there?

As a rule, no, although once a month we update the base image which will cause it to show up, but for app updates then a container restart, unraid array restart or docker service restart is required.

Thanks! Do you update the base image then it has been no updates with the docker itself?

I tried to switch to this dokcer image, why does it not accept spaces in "host path" or "Contrainer volume"? (/mnt/user/Tv Shows/ and /Tv_Shows)

It does, as I've used spaces in them before...

I tried to switch from Limetech image. Then I add a space I get this error message, if I remove it it works fine.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e VERSION="latest" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -v "/mnt/disk1/appdata/plexmediaserver":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies/":"/Movies":ro -v "/mnt/user/Tv Shows/":"/Tv Shows":ro linuxserver/plex
Unable to find image 'Shows/:/Tv:latest' locally
Invalid namespace name (Shows). Only [a-z0-9-_] are allowed.

The command finished successfully!

I tried to switch to this dokcer image, why does it not accept spaces in "host path" or "Contrainer volume"? (/mnt/user/Tv Shows/ and /Tv_Shows)

It does, as I've used spaces in them before...

I tried to switch from Limetech image. Then I add a space I get this error message, if I remove it it works fine.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e VERSION="latest" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -v "/mnt/disk1/appdata/plexmediaserver":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies/":"/Movies":ro -v "/mnt/user/Tv Shows/":"/Tv Shows":ro linuxserver/plex
Unable to find image 'Shows/:/Tv:latest' locally
Invalid namespace name (Shows). Only [a-z0-9-_] are allowed.

The command finished successfully!

OK, I took a look at this and you're right, now I'm pretty sure you used to be able to use spaces in share names before as I'm 99% certain I used to use them.  But here's the kicker, I've just tried with needo's version and LimeTech's version and all of them are reporting the same error.  So I don't think this is a problem with our container, but rather a docker issue.  You upgraded to 6.1.9?  That's the Unraid version I'm using currently...

OK, I took a look at this and you're right, now I'm pretty sure you used to be able to use spaces in share names before as I'm 99% certain I used to use them.  But here's the kicker, I've just tried with needo's version and LimeTech's version and all of them are reporting the same error.  So I don't think this is a problem with our container, but rather a docker issue.  You upgraded to 6.1.9?  That's the Unraid version I'm using currently...

Yes, upgraded unRAID version at the same time I changed docker..

How long will it take limetech to fix this? (if it is their fault)

I dunno.... I'll go and get my crystal ball out of the car....  ;D

I'm just investigating my theory with my Unraid-VM....

Tell us what you find out :)

Hehe, I know you don't know exact time, was just wondering what I could expect. Hope for a hotfix in a couple of days.

Taking the spaces away, and even putting move spaces doesn't do anything.  The issue I've got now, is that I can't install anyone's version of Plex.  I keep getting an orphan image!

So the solution would be to remove the spaces from your shares.  Only thing I can think of right now.  :-[

Taking the spaces away, and even putting move spaces doesn't do anything.  The issue I've got now, is that I can't install anyone's version of Plex.  I keep getting an orphan image!

So the solution would be to remove the spaces from your shares.  Only thing I can think of right now.  :-[

I don't think that's going to help since none's version of Plex Media Server will install.  Every time I tried to install it, I get an orphan image.

I dunno.... I'll go and get my crystal ball out of the car....  ;D

I'm just investigating my theory with my Unraid-VM....

Tell us what you find out :)

Hehe, I know you don't know exact time, was just wondering what I could expect. Hope for a hotfix in a couple of days.

So running V6.1.6 works

HkNu46G.png

0FF7yVb.png

ZLyQzM6.png

Can you try the following, download and unzip the attached file docker.zip and copy the docker script to:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts

Make sure the docker script is executable (chmod +x /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker) if needed.

Like to hear your feedback.

docker.zip