[Support] Linuxserver.io - Beets

with the old beets docker I could run

docker exec -i -t Beets beet import /downloads

and be able to interact with the prompts. that is not the case with this docker. Please advise.

You need to get to bash first:

docker exec -i -t Beets bash

then run

beet import /downloads

Where would one enter these commands?  On the BEETS server /port page or somewhere else on the docker itself?

You need to first ssh into your unraid server via putty or ssh then run the commands.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

with the old beets docker I could run

docker exec -i -t Beets beet import /downloads

and be able to interact with the prompts. that is not the case with this docker. Please advise.

You need to get to bash first:

docker exec -i -t Beets bash

then run

beet import /downloads

Where would one enter these commands?  On the BEETS server /port page or somewhere else on the docker itself?

You need to first ssh into your unraid server via putty or ssh then run the commands.

Ok, thanks.  ;)

edit:  Ok I got onto my unRAID server using SSH.  I'm using the Beets plugin, but I have to run those commands as root because any user I logon as does not have any permissions.  I know this is not best practice, & i even modded the /flash/config/passwd file but there must be something I'm missing.

Hi there, I'm not able to install this container:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Beets" --net="bridge" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8337:8337/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/beets/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Stuff/Music To Sort/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/user/Stuff/Music/":"/music":rw linuxserver/beets

Unable to find image 'To:latest' locally
Invalid repository name (To), only [a-z0-9-_.] are allowed

The command finished successfully!

• 1 month later...

I may be confused how or what this docker does, my assumption was install the docker and point it towards my /mnt/user/music folder and it would scour through my collection ?..i set the path as /mnt/user  same as i done with sab and other dockers. I can get the beets docker running like this way only but whilst the page appears i can do nothing with it, it just shows beets logo and a play button which i cant press and another field i cant enter anything into.

I may be confused how or what this docker does, my assumption was install the docker and point it towards my /mnt/user/music folder and it would scour through my collection ?..i set the path as /mnt/user  same as i done with sab and other dockers. I can get the beets docker running like this way only but whilst the page appears i can do nothing with it, it just shows beets logo and a play button which i cant press and another field i cant enter anything into.

SSH to your unRAID and run,

docker exec -it Beets bash

That should get you started.

• 5 weeks later...

Old post resurection! ! (I can do that now im out the EU)...

This didn't seem to do anything...I still have the beets Web gui appearing...but no interaction. I set the docker settings to point to /mnt/user/ as I have practised this with other dockers and worked for me. With this app do I absolutely have to specify the actual directory.

Old post resurection! ! (I can do that now im out the EU)...

This didn't seem to do anything...I still have the beets Web gui appearing...but no interaction. I set the docker settings to point to /mnt/user/ as I have practised this with other dockers and worked for me. With this app do I absolutely have to specify the actual directory.

It sounds like you are expecting something that beets is not. Try reading here and see if things are any clearer.
  • 2 months later...

Is anyone have the same issue as me updating the docker with unraid 6.2? I am getting a checksum error after the download, but tried half a dozen times with the same result.

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

I have tried deleting and recreating as per suggestion here -> http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481138#msg481138

and now get the foloowing trying to reinstall;

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-roon-server.xml:43: parser error : attributes construct error in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 416 Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /mnt/user/data/docker/roon/library/

Is anyone have the same issue as me updating the docker with unraid 6.2? I am getting a checksum error after the download, but tried half a dozen times with the same result.

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

I have tried deleting and recreating as per suggestion here -> http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481138#msg481138

and now get the foloowing trying to reinstall;

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-roon-server.xml:43: parser error : attributes construct error in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php on line 416 Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /mnt/user/data/docker/roon/library/

first glance----

does  /mnt/user/data/docker/roon/library/ still exist ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have attempted to use the stock configuration with my existing music library.

/mnt/user/Music Downloads:/downloads

/mnt/user/Music:/music

The only output I manage to get from running:

beet import /music

from the container's Bash prompt is the following:

$ beet import /music

/music (1 items)
No matching release found for 1 tracks.
For help, see: http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html#nomatch
[u]se as-is, as Tracks, Group albums, Skip, Enter search, enter Id, aBort?

If I do that, I see all of the subdirectories which contain my music.

I have a structure already, but I am trying to see if Beets can help with organizing it. For the most part, I have:

/mnt/user/Music/<artist>/<album>/<files>

/mnt/user/Music/Various Artists/<album>/<files>

There are a few directories where I'm not sure I want any renaming or moving to happen.

What j0nnymoe was getting it at was to check your file permissions, ls is the list command so we knew we'd see your directory structure.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I read it as running the command within the container

docker exec -it beets /bin/bash
ls -la /music/

Also side note about beets, you shouldn't really import a directory which is your destination location, I would highly suggest moving your music to the downloads folder and do the import from there so all your music goes through beets and gets named correctly.

Though reading that you don't want moving to happen on some files/folders...beets might be abit much or take those folders out and move then in after the import.

I noticed the problem a bit late. There's an untagged MPEG 4 video file (music video) in the root of the music folder. It would have been helpful if the tool actually told me more about the non-matching file, such as its file name.

About the point where it found its first incorrect result from MusicBrainz (someone didn't spell correct their Japanese romanizations. "Yoshi's Cookey"?) I gave up on using it and decided to use Picard from a desktop instead.

E: I decided to give it a go anyway. It seems to work for the most part, but it's failing to identify some things. For instance, it identifies all my DVD-A rips as similar to the CD versions of those albums, with no way to tag them as the DVD parts of those releases.

I noticed the problem a bit late. There's an untagged MPEG 4 video file (music video) in the root of the music folder. It would have been helpful if the tool actually told me more about the non-matching file, such as its file name.

About the point where it found its first incorrect result from MusicBrainz (someone didn't spell correct their Japanese romanizations. "Yoshi's Cookey"?) I gave up on using it and decided to use Picard from a desktop instead.

E: I decided to give it a go anyway. It seems to work for the most part, but it's failing to identify some things. For instance, it identifies all my DVD-A rips as similar to the CD versions of those albums, with no way to tag them as the DVD parts of those releases.

As far as I know it won't detect DVD-A stuff.

• 3 weeks later...