[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN


Recommended Posts

On 8/24/2023 at 1:17 PM, alonjr said:

WebUI is accessible, but the status at the bottom shows Error and IP n/a.

 

Hey all, I'm having issues with setting up this docker application.

 

The VPN appears to be functioning from within the container (tested with curl http://checkip.amazonaws.com/), however the webui does not seem to have access to the outside world. 

 

I've spent some hours researching errors in deluge-web.log, however I was not able to figure out the root cause. In any event, I attached here three log files to give a full picture of my running container. Note that in supervisord.log, I redacted the keys that are in the wg0.conf file, for privacy.

 

Any hint or advice would be greatly appreciated 

 

Cheers

Alon

deluge-web.log 11.97 kB · 0 downloads supervisord.log 38.1 kB · 3 downloads deluged.log 66.36 kB · 0 downloads

 

Any idea what would be the issue? 

thanks 

Link to comment
On 8/27/2023 at 6:24 PM, JonathanM said:

What exact path are you downloading to inside deluge?

I think i was able to get things working properly there were some settings withing the properties that needed adjusting. I was able to correct everything and make connection work again.

 

One last thing i haven't figured out, are you able to have multiple .ovpn files in the folder? and is there a way to reconnect from within deluge if a connection goes stale? or is the only correction for this is to restart via docker?

Edited by thesr5
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using the exact same .ovpn configuration for binhex-delugevpn (PureVPN) as I am for openvpn-client.  For binhex-delugevpn, I'm getting like 2Mbit/s up and down.  For openvpn--client I'm getting like 500 down and 40 up (which is closer to what I would expect).  Ping speeds for binhex-delugevpn are also ridiculously slow.  Any thoughts on this?  There's certain functionality that I like for binhex-delugevpn (e.g., auto-setting forwarding port), but the speeds are super slow.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, bumpkin said:

I do wish it were one of those.  In both containers (with identical .ovpn files) I'm using speedtest-cli to test performance.  In binhex-delugevpn, I'm getting a ping of like 3700.  With openvpn-client, I'm getting a ping of ~30.

speedtest-cli is crap, simply try a https download instead, for example the latest debian iso (my connection goes flat out when dl this via pia):-
 

curl -o /dev/null -L https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-12.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, binhex said:

speedtest-cli is crap

Crazy.  I definitely get faster speeds with that download link.  It does seem speedtest-cli is crap.  Unfortunately, when routing another container through binhex-delugevpn, the ping and bandwidth is still a mess.  Something is wrong.  Probably on my end.  Thanks again for the help.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, binguser said:

Hi binhex,

 

Just FYI that the natpmpc commands for ProtonVPN have been updated: https://protonvpn.com/support/port-forwarding-manual-setup/

 

Specifically, the commands are now:

natpmpc -g 10.2.0.1

natpmpc -a 1 0 tcp 60 -g 10.2.0.1

natpmpc -a 1 0 udp 60 -g 10.2.0.1

thanks for the post, appreciated!, looking at my existing code i think the difference boils down to `-a 1 0` it used to be `-a 0 0` other than that i think its the same, i shall make the change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am about to give up - I can't access my DelugeVPN WebUI when VPN is enabled. I am using PIA.

I have tried several different openvpn files, and I have updated the docker image, updated the docker, reinstalled the entire docker - nothing works.

 

I am running through Desktop Docker on a MacBook Pro (macOS 13.5.2). 

I didn't have any issues, but then I updated the Docker Desktop application, and couldn't access the gui.

 

I can't seem to find any errors / warnings in the log.
What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance. 

 

Edited by Noego
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Noego said:

I am about to give up - I can't access my DelugeVPN WebUI when VPN is enabled. I am using PIA.

I have tried several different openvpn files, and I have updated the docker image, updated the docker, reinstalled the entire docker - nothing works.

 

I am running through Desktop Docker on a MacBook Pro (macOS 13.5.2). 

I didn't have any issues, but then I updated the Docker Desktop application, and couldn't access the gui.

 

I can't seem to find any errors / warnings in the log.
What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance. 

supervisord.log 151.29 kB · 0 downloads

what is the ip address of the machine running the web browser?

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Noego said:

I am about to give up - I can't access my DelugeVPN WebUI when VPN is enabled. I am using PIA.

I have tried several different openvpn files, and I have updated the docker image, updated the docker, reinstalled the entire docker - nothing works.

 

I am running through Desktop Docker on a MacBook Pro (macOS 13.5.2). 

I didn't have any issues, but then I updated the Docker Desktop application, and couldn't access the gui.

 

I can't seem to find any errors / warnings in the log.
What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance. 

supervisord.log 151.29 kB · 3 downloads

I too have this issue after just updating DelugeVPN

(First update to become an issue)

The WebUI is no longer available.

Unraid 6.11.5

VPN = PIA

Internal IP 192.168.205.56:8112

Prowlaw was reachable but it too has now refuses WebUI.

 

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-09-21 122143.png

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Noego said:

 

The local ip address is 192.168.1.2.

Is this what you wanted to know? 

 

It is the same machine which is running the docker container. 

yep that is what i wanted to know, i was just checking the LAN_NETWRK is configured correctly, and yep it is so that is not the cause of the issue.

 

fyi your logs show a clean start, no issues that i can see, can you try accessing the web ui from another browser, preferably on another device to rule out the issue being os/firewall related.

Link to comment

I think I may have a similar issue. I can no longer access the web GUI after the latest container update (from yesterday). The container is running successfully. I don't see anything suspicious in the logs. I can also see that torrents are active and downloading when I use the Homarr Deluge integration (it relies on an API call or something similar). So the issue is only with the web GUI. I tried connecting from different clients and browsers, the request just times out.

 

Is it possible the new additional port mappings are causing this issue?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, ziad said:

I think I may have a similar issue. I can no longer access the web GUI after the latest container update (from yesterday). The container is running successfully. I don't see anything suspicious in the logs. I can also see that torrents are active and downloading when I use the Homarr Deluge integration (it relies on an API call or something similar). So the issue is only with the web GUI. I tried connecting from different clients and browsers, the request just times out.

 

Is it possible the new additional port mappings are causing this issue?

 

Thanks!

 

11 minutes ago, Bibliotheca said:

I came here looking to troubleshoot, and it looks like everyone else did as well.

 

Exact same problem after the update. Can see from network traffic that it stuff is downloading, but the web GUI refuses to load.

do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Link to comment
3 hours ago, binhex said:

yep that is what i wanted to know, i was just checking the LAN_NETWRK is configured correctly, and yep it is so that is not the cause of the issue.

 

fyi your logs show a clean start, no issues that i can see, can you try accessing the web ui from another browser, preferably on another device to rule out the issue being os/firewall related.

 

I have tried from two different devices now, with two different browsers. The issue remains.

 

As an additional information my issue started before the latest update of the docker container. 

Edited by Noego
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Noego said:

 

I have tried from two different devices now, with two different browsers. The issue remains.

 

As an additional information my issue started before the latest update of the docker container. 

this is docker desktop right?, check windows firewall is not blocking, if its not that then im out of ideas.

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is docker desktop right?, check windows firewall is not blocking, if its not that then im out of ideas.

 

It is Docker Desktop. I am running it on a MacBook. What is the equivalent - do you know that? 

 

EDIT: 

So I found some kind of firewall, turned if off and tried - but it didn't solve anything. 😞

 

I can see that the Docker Subnet (in docker desktop setting) is: 192.168.65.0/24

Could this cause any conflicts?

Edited by Noego
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Noego said:

I can see that the Docker Subnet (in docker desktop setting) is: 192.168.65.0/24

Could this cause any conflicts?

according to your logs docker is using the default docker network of:-
 

[info] Docker network defined as    172.17.0.0/16

so that looks fine, just check this container is running using the docker 'bridge', that is how this image was designed.

Link to comment

I updated DelugeVPN this morning as well as Binhex NZBget, and I am now experiencing some weird behavior.  When I add something to Deluge via Binhex sonarr, it is now being reported as download activity for binhex radarr, lidarr and readarr (all binhex apps).

 

Binhex NZBget will not download anything, files get added, but it will not download.  in the container i get the same outbound IP as in deluge, but for some reason, now nothing will download.  This was updated this morning as well

 

 

I have deluge vpn setup in bridge mode and I am routing all traffic for all the ARRs and Nzbget through Deluge.  

 

I'm stumped...

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.