unRAID Server Release 6.1.8 Available

limetech

Most of my notifications are working fine but I don't seem to get plugin or docker update notifications anymore. Probably started on 6.1.7 but I'm not sure since I often check for updates manually when I see them mentioned in the forum.

Same for me - apcupsd notifications are received okay, but I've not received any plugin or docker update notifications for a while.

Edit to add:

I suspect that this isn't a problem with notifications, but rather a problem with the scheduler failing to run the update check - others have reported problems with the periodic parity check failing to run.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to fix my issue, turns out chrome had a password cached for my email account and it would not update when I changed the password field.  I removed the saved password which fixed my issue and test email was successfully sent/delivered.

You have a chrome email account?

chrome was caching the password field on the settings page

I was able to fix my issue, turns out chrome had a password cached for my email account and it would not update when I changed the password field.  I removed the saved password which fixed my issue and test email was successfully sent/delivered.

You have a chrome email account?

chrome was caching the password field on the settings page

sounds like autocomplete=false needs to be added to the relevant config forms to stop this issue from happening. not sure if berg/Dynamix watch these threads.. as his github repo doesnt allow posting issues there.  **update** posted issue on main repo

added issue for you:

https://github.com/limetech/dynamix/issues/254

Trying to add a new drive in 6.1.8, but changing the number of drives in the array, when the array is stopped, from 7nr to 8nr slots causes the gui to disappear from chrome instantly. Telnet is still available and server performs as expected.

Use another browser just for that,  should work.

Trying to add a new drive in 6.1.8, but changing the number of drives in the array, when the array is stopped, from 7nr to 8nr slots causes the gui to disappear from chrome instantly. Telnet is still available and server performs as expected.

Use another browser just for that,  should work.

Quite correct, it was Edge that was causing the issue not chrome.

Sent from mTalk

So for some reason shfs segfaulted.

Well I think the problem may be the additional memory I just installed.  I reverted to 6.1.7 and then had another segfault, but it was in one of my dockers this time.  Going to try removing the memory and see how it goes.

Memtest on boot menu.

So for some reason shfs segfaulted.

Well I think the problem may be the additional memory I just installed.  I reverted to 6.1.7 and then had another segfault, but it was in one of my dockers this time.  Going to try removing the memory and see how it goes.

Memtest on boot menu.

Over 2 hours and no more segfaults.  Looks like it's either bad memory or just a bad combination.  I'll check out the memtest and move this discussion to the hardware forum if I need further assistance.

Thanks for the help!

Doug

Most of my notifications are working fine but I don't seem to get plugin or docker update notifications anymore. Probably started on 6.1.7 but I'm not sure since I often check for updates manually when I see them mentioned in the forum.

Same for me - apcupsd notifications are received okay, but I've not received any plugin or docker update notifications for a while.

Edit to add:

I suspect that this isn't a problem with notifications, but rather a problem with the scheduler failing to run the update check - others have reported problems with the periodic parity check failing to run.

Checking my archived notifications, I see that the last update notification I receieved was th dynamix update on January 22 (six days after 6.1.7, and 3 weeks before 6.1.8).

This makes me strongly suspect that it was that dynamix update which broke the update notifications!

Edit to add:

Checking my archived notifications, I see that the last update notification I receieved was th dynamix update on January 22 (six days after 6.1.7, and 3 weeks before 6.1.8).

This makes me strongly suspect that it was that dynamix update which broke the update notifications!

There is a cron file that dynamix creates /etc/cron.d/root that has entries for scheduled items including the plugin update check.  I found that the entry for the plugin check was missing after an update and I went to the notification settings, made a change, and then saved the settings and the entry was back in the /etc/cron.d/root file.

The /etc/cron.d/root file is all the /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/*.cron files collected into that file.

There is an error in the plugin version check script, introduced with Dynamix version 2016.01.22 and carried over to unRAID 6.1.8.

I've made a correction, which will become available in the next release.

As a temporary workaround it is required to do a manual "check for updates" on the plugin manager page.

There is an error in the plugin version check script, introduced with Dynamix version 2016.01.22 and carried over to unRAID 6.1.8.

I've made a correction, which will become available in the next release.

As a temporary workaround it is required to do a manual "check for updates" on the plugin manager page.

As a stop-gap measure, there is also a plugin here: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=46636.0 which checks for plugin updates