unRAID Server Release 6.1.8 Available

limetech

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Mainly security updates.

unRAID Server OS Change Log
===========================

Version 6.1.8 2016-02-09
------------------------
- curl: 7.47.1 (SSA:2016-039-01)
- dmidecode: 3.0
- linux: 4.1.17
- ntp: fixed issue where NTP appears enabled in webGui but is not really enabled
- openssl: 1.0.1r (SSA:2016-034-03)
- php: 5.6.18 (SSA:2016-034-04)
- plugin-install handling change in rc.local:
  - if present install /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg first
  - "system" plugin directory (/boot/plugins) is deprecated
- webGui: integrate dynamix version 2016.02.08
  - Allow disabling of warning and critical thresholds (value is zero)
  - Send single notification only when temperature/utilization value between warning and critical thresholds
  - Fix: viewing logs containing spaces in the name ("space: the final frontier" - dutch humorist)
  - Fix: libvirt: skip creating domain.img if exists already

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/code]

I can not find this folder on either of my ver6 Flash Drives.  (I upgrade by a virgin install on the Flash Drives and copying over the configurations files from ver 5.)  Is it safe to assume that this directory/folder is a leftover from version 5?  Is the notification at this time simply a bit of housekeeping or is there something else involved? 

[/code]

I can not find this folder on either of my ver6 Flash Drives.  (I upgrade by a virgin install on the Flash Drives and copying over the configurations files from ver 5.)  Is it safe to assume that this directory/folder is a leftover from version 5?  Is the notification at this time simply a bit of housekeeping or is there something else involved?

Just housekeeping; it's not automatically created by any release.  Not sure it was ever used, even in v5.  There is support for loading plugins from that directory via /etc/rc.d/rc.local during startup (they will load before plugins located in /boot/config/plugins - the usual place for them).  I didn't want to completely remove that support in case there are plugins that use it.  Hopefully someone will chime in here if so...

[/code]

Just housekeeping; it's not automatically created by any release.  Not sure it was ever used, even in v5.  There is support for loading plugins from that directory via /etc/rc.d/rc.local during startup (they will load before plugins located in /boot/config/plugins - the usual place for them).  I didn't want to completely remove that support in case there are plugins that use it.  Hopefully someone will chime in here if so...

On v5 the core dynamix was installed from /boot/plugins so it could install before any of the dynamix plugins installed from /boot/config/plugins. Lots of users never quite got that right and syslogs would show things installing from either place, and dynamix plugins installing (actually, failing to install) before dynamix, etc.

[/code]

I have some of my own custom packages (Slackware based) in that directory, such as oident. Does this mean going forward with 6.2 or later that I now have to figure out how to make an unraid plugin wrapping these standard slackware packages?

[/code]

I have some of my own custom packages (Slackware based) in that directory, such as oident. Does this mean going forward with 6.2 or later that I now have to figure out how to make an unraid plugin wrapping these standard slackware packages?

Packages are installed from /boot/extra.

Probably we'll leave it as-is.  The motivation is to make things simpler for end users.

Seeing a lot of these messages in the log:

Feb 9 22:45:45 MediaServer vsftpd[11455]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:45:55 MediaServer vsftpd[11530]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:46:06 MediaServer vsftpd[12838]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:46:17 MediaServer vsftpd[12902]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:46:28 MediaServer vsftpd[14159]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:46:39 MediaServer vsftpd[14424]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:46:50 MediaServer vsftpd[14528]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:47:01 MediaServer vsftpd[15703]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:47:12 MediaServer vsftpd[16135]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:47:23 MediaServer vsftpd[16203]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:47:34 MediaServer vsftpd[16253]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Feb 9 22:47:45 MediaServer vsftpd[17417]: connect from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

They did eventually stop.

(Although I was a bit disappointed when I saw 6.1.8 and not 6.2)

Is there a feature list for 6.2 yet?

There are lots of goodies in there  8)

Now if it would be me I would bring out a 6.1.8 that brings in a lot of the technical stuff under the hood, throw that in the wild for a couple of days to see if it performs as expected, then I would bring out 6.2 that would be activating a lot of that stuff for the user..

But thats only me :-)

Another wonderfully very uneventful upgrade. Excellent, thank you.

I did notice one thing I have not noticed before (if indeed it has been this way before) - that is that when unRAID finished installing and the line requests you restart to complete the upgrade - the tick box and button to "Remove"

:o :o :o :o :o

was available for selection and clicking!!!! WTF!!!???!!  :D

See attached Screenshot!!

I was mildly (OK I sooooo wanted to do it  ;);D) tempted to put a "tick" in the checkbox and click "Remove" and see what happens  8)

Chickened out though as it still was my Backup Server and not my Test Server (which doesn't have any disks yet).

Minor EDIT:

I did notice this:

Spinning up all drives...Start array...Mounting disks...Restart SMB...Start NFS...Processing Packages...All packages processedStarting Docker...

Never seen the "Processing Packages...All packages processed" thing before. However that might just be me and its clearly NOT a bug BUT it seems that there is a missing "..." between "All packages processed" and "Starting Docker" to be consistent with the rest of the message!

Minor EDIT2:

Just because I noticed it in the last release:

unRAID webGUI Copyright 2005-2015 Lime Technology, Inc..

Simple Features Copyright 2012, Andrew Hamer-Adams.

Dynamix Copyright 2012-2015, Bergware International.

Extended Docker Configuration Page Copyright (C) 2014 Guilherme Jardim.

APC UPS Configuration Page Copyright 2015, by Dan Landon

VM Manager Copyright 2015, Eric Schultz, Derek Macias

The Software comprising the unRAID webGui, which is all files within this repository except for files listed below, is licensed under GPL version 2.

The Lime Technology logo file(s) webGui/images/limtech-*.* are property of Lime Technology, Inc. and may not be used in any other project without written permission from Lime Technology, Inc.
unRAID is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc..

This file shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Years < 2015 probably need updating in the Credits section.

Screen_Shot_2016-02-10_at_6_43.25_PM.png.93580a931ad5deb96e73b8b8cb0a2eb4.png

Hmmm, not a successful upgrade here.  This is the first time I've upgraded since going to v6 (6.1.6 to be exact).  My upgrade process has been stuck on 'syncing - please wait...' for the last 20 minutes:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.1.8-x86_64.zip ... done

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.1.8-x86_64.md5 ... done

Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/changes.txt

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/go

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/network.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/ident.cfg

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/template-repos

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/install.txt

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/license.txt

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable.bat

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable_mac

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/memtest

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/menu.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/ldlinux.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg-

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mbr.bin

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mboot.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.exe

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libutil.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libcom32.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/make_bootable_mac.sh

syncing - please wait...

How long am I meant to wait before upgrading manually?

Thanks

Hmmm, not a successful upgrade here.  This is the first time I've upgraded since going to v6 (6.1.6 to be exact).  My upgrade process has been stuck on 'syncing - please wait...' for the last 20 minutes:

syncing - please wait...

Thanks

Update: CPU hit 100% and stayed there.  I SSH'd in and top told me it was all the 'sync' process.  Had to hard reboot the box, and it came back up with version 6.1.8.

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.1.8-x86_64.zip ... done

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.1.8-x86_64.md5 ... done

Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/changes.txt

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/go

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/network.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/ident.cfg

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/template-repos

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/install.txt

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/license.txt

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable.bat

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable_mac

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/memtest

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/menu.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/ldlinux.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg-

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mbr.bin

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mboot.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.exe

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libutil.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libcom32.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/make_bootable_mac.sh

syncing - please wait...

The sync normally takes a minute or so.  It sounds as if the upgrade finished, but something is stopping the sync from completing.  It might be worth checking the syslog to see if it shows any errors.  If at all possible obtain the diagnostics via Tools->Diagnostics or by using the 'diagnostics' command from a console/telnet session before rebooting.

I expect that on a reboot it will come up on the new release and a manual update is not required.  However it is a bit worrying that the sync did not finish.

Update: CPU hit 100% and stayed there.  I SSH'd in and top told me it was all the 'sync' process.  Had to hard reboot the box, and it came back up with version 6.1.8.

Could you not have simply killed the sync process?  That might have allowed you to carry out some further diagnostics.