unRAID Server Release 6.1.8 Available

limetech

Update: CPU hit 100% and stayed there.  I SSH'd in and top told me it was all the 'sync' process.  Had to hard reboot the box, and it came back up with version 6.1.8.

Could you not have simply killed the sync process?  That might have allowed you to carry out some further diagnostics.

Yeah, I probably should have.  I checked the syslog and there were no errors, and just hit the power button.  TBH, I've been having a lot of issues with the whole box freezing with high CPU usage since upgrading to V6 and I'm just so used to having to reset it that way  :-\

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: CPU hit 100% and stayed there.  I SSH'd in and top told me it was all the 'sync' process.  Had to hard reboot the box, and it came back up with version 6.1.8.

Could you not have simply killed the sync process?  That might have allowed you to carry out some further diagnostics.

Yeah, I probably should have.  I checked the syslog and there were no errors, and just hit the power button.  TBH, I've been having a lot of issues with the whole box freezing with high CPU usage since upgrading to V6 and I'm just so used to having to reset it that way  :-\

Freezing is not part of normal operation. Why not head over to General Support (V6) and try to get some help to isolate the problem?

Freezing is not part of normal operation. Why not head over to General Support (V6) and try to get some help to isolate the problem?

On my way now - wanted to make sure I had the latest version and full syslogs etc before I logged an issue.

Nice to see these updates and looking forward to 6.2.  Speaking of which, I would like to see in the future:

• An automatic notification from within Unraid itself, either send me an email or notification, or a banner label that a new version is available.  Maybe check once a week or something
  • A way to update all plug-ins at once (no need to update each individually)

Thanks guys!

Nice to see these updates and looking forward to 6.2.  Speaking of which, I would like to see in the future:

• An automatic notification from within Unraid itself, either send me an email or notification, or a banner label that a new version is available.  Maybe check once a week or something

If you turn on Plugin update notifications then you already get notified.....

Didn't realise this existed.  Nice.

So this checks for plugin updates when exactly?

Thanks.

Didn't realise this existed.  Nice.

So this checks for plugin updates when exactly?

You set the frequency of the checks.  Not sure of the exact time of day though.

The feature is currently broken for me. They refresh/search, but I never get notified. Lots of other people reported the same thing in the 6.1.7 thread

So, stupid question from a newbie UnRAID user.

I am on 6.1.6 that I first installed in December. Is there a way to easily upgrade? Anything I find are for major version changes (how to go from 5 --> 6, 3 --> 5, etc).

Or upgrade instructions in general? I couldn't find something at first glance in the GUI.

So, stupid question from a newbie UnRAID user.

I am on 6.1.6 that I first installed in December. Is there a way to easily upgrade? Anything I find are for major version changes (how to go from 5 --> 6, 3 --> 5, etc).

Or upgrade instructions in general? I couldn't find something at first glance in the GUI.

From the first post in this thread

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Ok, just checked this, and it was already enabled (both email and browser)... so LT add me to the list of people that this isn't work for

Something is wrong with notifications, it broke in 6.1.7 as that was the last update email that my account sent.

I've tried re-configuring with other email accounts, outlook, yahoo, gmail proper (my main is google apps), and nothing works.  just says authentication failed.

Feb 12 19:02:48 vault13 php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify 'smtp-init'
Feb 12 19:02:50 vault13 sSMTP[22995]: Creating SSL connection to host
Feb 12 19:02:50 vault13 sSMTP[22995]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
Feb 12 19:02:50 vault13 sSMTP[22995]: Authorization failed (535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 66sm6490302qhp.4 - gsmtp)

Something is wrong with notifications, it broke in 6.1.7 as that was the last update email that my account sent.

I've tried re-configuring with other email accounts, outlook, yahoo, gmail proper (my main is google apps), and nothing works.  just says authentication failed.

Feb 12 19:02:48 vault13 php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify 'smtp-init'
Feb 12 19:02:50 vault13 sSMTP[22995]: Creating SSL connection to host
Feb 12 19:02:50 vault13 sSMTP[22995]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
Feb 12 19:02:50 vault13 sSMTP[22995]: Authorization failed (535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 66sm6490302qhp.4 - gsmtp)

Notifications seem to be working just as before for me.

Mine seem to be working also, but I do see the same error in my logs.

Interesting. I wonder what difference between our config / setup(s) are. The last notification I had was this morning ~12am status on the array:

Feb 13 00:20:01 main sSMTP[31725]: Creating SSL connection to host
Feb 13 00:20:02 main sSMTP[31725]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
Feb 13 00:20:08 main sSMTP[31725]: Sent mail for <email address> (221 2.0.0 closing connection a21sm19581057pfj.40 - gsmtp) uid=0 username=root outbytes=1438

I am using gmail too. It is a custom domain (not an @gmail.com address) BUT it is still google hosted all the same.

Only thing I notice different is that you seem to have this:

That never appears in any of my logs that I can see.

smtp-init is when i hit "apply" on the setting page, i beleive.  until yesterday I haven't changed anything and if nothing in unraid changed then google changed something.  BUT that doesn't account for why I can't authenticate outlook or yahoo accounts either.

my hosted gmail account is still working for smtp notifications for my UPS