Cache gone after every reboot

After every reboot, my Cache drive is gone (diagnostics attached). I use that Cache drive for some files - it's not used to cache writes to the Array. What I did:

* Stop Array

* Attach an old drive to Cache slot

* Click on the word "Cache" and define XFS as filesystem

* Start Array

* Format drive

--> Cache is shared and working

* Reboot

--> Cache is gone and in list of unassigned devices

I can reproduce that at will on two unRAID systems running on 6.1.8.

Thanks.

tower2-diagnostics-20160222-0943.zip

Is this something we do have to live with ...

Seems like simply not using Chrome resolves it  :)

I suspect at some point an update to either Chrome or Linux will change the behavior ... but meanwhile I'd treat Chrome as a "view only" browser for UnRAID -- and make any changes you want to do using another browser.

... it's also VERY interesting that (according to Johnnie, who has clearly tracked this issue) not all users have the problem.

Not sure if it depends on what OS they're using; what version of Chrome; or some other difference.  e.g. Chrome under Windows 7 vs. Windows 8 vs. Windows 10 vs. ChromeBook vs. Mac OS-X vs. Linux  may very well have different behaviors.

Me either, I use Chrome Exclusively on all my machines. I've yet to encounter one single problem. Is everybody running crazy add blockers or something? I'm running Adblock from Chrome and its never had an issue to date that I'm aware of. "aware of" LOL

Windows 7

Windows 8.1

OSX 10.xxxxx Desktop

OSX 10.xxxxx Laptop

Me either, I use Chrome Exclusively on all my machines. I've yet to encounter one single problem. Is everybody running crazy add blockers or something? I'm running Adblock from Chrome and its never had an issue to date that I'm aware of. "aware of" LOL

Windows 7

Windows 8.1

OSX 10.xxxxx Desktop

OSX 10.xxxxx Laptop

Also a chrome user here.. But there definately are issues... Chrome insists on adding a password to a VM every time I edit its settings (it should not do that after it was told not to one time), also novnc does not play nice within Chrome..  Chrome used to be the best browser around but its starting to untangle a bit.. #Hopingforabetterbuild

Is it unusual to use the cache drive as a spot to hold all the config for dockers/plugins? And the Docker image? Because that's what I do. I don't even use the other aspect of it I don't think.

If you don't have any of your User Shares set to Use cache disk: Yes then you aren't caching User Shares. I don't either, I just use it for apps.

Interesting that for some of you Chrome works just fine; while for others it clearly does not.    And yet there's a fair amount of diversity in what Chrome is running on -- e.g. Kizer is running it on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and OSX with no apparent issues.

Clearly at least some of the issues are with Windows 10 (i.e. the OP is clearly running that, since he resolved his issue by using Edge).

In any event, it's a strange set of behaviors.

• 2 weeks later...