[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

2666 posts in this topic Last Reply

On 3/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, Gursh said:

Hi just wondering if anyone had a solution to this.

I keep seeing the below to the autodl. Never had this before. Thanks in advance :)

image.thumb.png.a6eadbd4fae2a5382f7c6c8053614883.png

Both my friend and I are getting this same error as well. I understand the issue is with autodl itself but is there any eta on when a fix is coming, whether a downgrade of the autodl version within the docker or some fix? It looks like that has been happening since March 11th cause both my friend and I haven't had any autoadded since then.

Edited by Bensawsome
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK guys, multi remote endpoint support is now in for this image please pull down the new image (this change will be rolled out to all my vpn images shortly).   What this means is that the im

Just updated it. That fixed it. Thank you very much

@binhex   Would it be possible to have the script run through a list of .ovpn files after failing to port forward with one? Use case would be, CA-Montreal is having port-forward API issues r

Posted Images

On 3/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, brikn said:

yeah, i did "chown -R brian:brian /mnt/data" before and that user is what also is assigned 1000 UID and GID.

I've tried recreating, changing permissions to root for the container and data directory but still nothing. I always get some form of error, whether it is tracker timeout or invalid IP, or just not connecting to any peers. I've read every source I could find about this issue but the only thing I can find is permissions error but nothing I do seems to fix the problem. I can get delugevpn and qbittorrentvpn working with ease but rutorrentvpn is still not working.

10 hours ago, Bensawsome said:

Both my friend and I are getting this same error as well. I understand the issue is with autodl itself but is there any eta on when a fix is coming, whether a downgrade of the autodl version within the docker or some fix? It looks like that has been happening since March 11th cause both my friend and I haven't had any autoadded since then.

For the record, I don't think the issue lies with autodl-irssi or binhex's code.  I think it is a messed up release on docker hub.  If I build the image myself from source via binhex's git everything works great.

6 hours ago, Tasteless said:

For the record, I don't think the issue lies with autodl-irssi or binhex's code.  I think it is a messed up release on docker hub.  If I build the image myself from source via binhex's git everything works great.

Looks like it. I'm building a custom image from source and can't reproduce the issue either.

8 hours ago, Tasteless said:

its very possible that there was an issue with autodl-irssi at the time of the build (pulls from master branch), and this issue has now been resolved, so subsequent builds are ok, i will create a new image shortly and see if this fixes the issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, binhex said:

its very possible that there was an issue with autodl-irssi at the time of the build (pulls from master branch), and this issue has now been resolved, so subsequent builds are ok, i will create a new image shortly and see if this fixes the issue.

Just updated it. That fixed it. Thank you very much :)

Edited by Bensawsome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the container name on the dashboard is blue indicating there is an update, but update option is not in drop down menu. Go to docker tab and sure enough update ready and apply update are there. run update and it completes. but still shows update ready. tried twice now same result. any idea??

Hey! Having problems with setting up torrents being moved to a diff directory when completed.

Tried to change it in the GUI, "Autotools" section - didn't work, but the setting seems to be saved.

Then the FAQ says "So rutorrent is purely a web frontend to rtorrent, and as such does NOT modify any settings for rtorrent...", and I still don't get the logic of it. Why the hell would you even have settings in GUI that just don't work? Why to add them to GUI at all? Seems like nonsense to me.

Then there is rtorrent.rc file, it has a setting with my folder for torrents being downloaded (incomplete), but I don't see any settings for moving torrents to another directory after completion.

BTW, I changed the default directory for downloads in the GUI, and it works the way it should - torrents are being downloaded to the new dir. And the FAQ says it shouldn't have worked.

Hey all, I recently moved my "data" folder, and it deleted/modified all of my active torrents  where I have to re-download gigabytes of data. Why is this and how can I avoid this happening in the future? I switched from Deluge to rtorrent and I had to re-download all of my previously fully downloaded torrents as well.

Another new issue I am having, is I recently enabled VPN, and it looks like it's connecting fine, but the web UI is now broken. I can't load any torrent views, and on launch i get the following errors in the rTorrent log:

[25.03.2020 15:27:02] WebUI started.

[25.03.2020 15:27:23] Bad response from server: (0 [error,getplugins])

then if I try and click any torrent view tab, it returns the following error:

[25.03.2020 15:30:16] JS error: [http://[ipaddress]/js/stable.js : 1770] TypeError: this.dBody is undefined

On 3/24/2020 at 7:08 PM, cyriouslydylan said:

Hey all, I recently moved my "data" folder,

when you say moved do you mean changed the container volume name, i.e. 'data' to something else, or do you mean you changed the host path for the /data volume mapping?. 

3 hours ago, binhex said:

when you say moved do you mean changed the container volume name, i.e. 'data' to something else, or do you mean you changed the host path for the /data volume mapping?. 

I moved the "data" mapping in the docker settings.

I changed it from "/mnt/user/Media/Downloads" to "/mnt/user/Media/". Which obviously broke all of my file mappings for the torrents. So i then clicked on them, hit "save to" and set the original folder the files got saved to. Then hit "force recheck", but it didn't recognize any of the files. I can still see them in my file system, but once I moved the data, it corrupted those files and I can no longer play them, until I redownload the entire thing.

A similar thing happened when I first switched from Deluge to r-torrent and tried to import all of my old torrents from that program.

Hi, I am getting php permission denied errors constantly in the supervisor.

Example:

2020/03/27 18:26:22 [error] 1153#1153: *1647 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  fopen(/usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/share/settings/cpu.dat.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/php/cache.php on line 40" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.100, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/cpuload/action.php?_=1585332174170 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.2.10:9443", referrer: "https://192.168.2.10:9443/"

Any ideas?

Troubleshooting so far:
Clean install of my VM (Ubuntu server 18.04.4)
Only installed Docker+Portainer and Apache on host VM.

Platform: FreeNAS w/ bhyve VM. 

supervisord.log

For some reason I can't figure out how to port forward this container in pfSense.  I had it working in the past, but I can't seem to get it to open now for whatever reason.  My ports in rtorrent are 7100-7119.  This is my NAT rule.  Anyone got any ideas what I've got wrong?

Untitled.png

11 minutes ago, EC28 said:

For some reason I can't figure out how to port forward this container in pfSense.  I had it working in the past, but I can't seem to get it to open now for whatever reason.  My ports in rtorrent are 7100-7119.  This is my NAT rule.  Anyone got any ideas what I've got wrong?

Untitled.png

not sure exactly what you are trying to port forward here, but if its the incoming port then you shouldn't be doing this, see Q14:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

not sure exactly what you are trying to port forward here, but if its the incoming port then you shouldn't be doing this, see Q14:-

I have VPN turned off though.  So I'm just trying to get the incoming rTorrent ports open to the WAN I think.

2 minutes ago, EC28 said:

I have VPN turned off though.  So I'm just trying to get the incoming rTorrent ports open to the WAN I think.

i wouldnt use a range of ports a single port should be sufficient, also make sure pfsense is also creating the Firewall/Rules/WAN, as you need both for the port to be open.

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

i wouldnt use a range of ports a single port should be sufficient, also make sure pfsense is also creating the Firewall/Rules/WAN, as you need both for the port to be open.

I changed...

network.port_range.set = 7100-7119

...to simply 7100 and ruTorrent wouldn't load with that set.  Changed it back and it loads fine.  Still no luck with opening ports though.

My UnRAID IP is 192.168.1.3

This is the NAT port forward rule.  rTorrent alias is port 7100.

And the other is the WAN rule.  Still nothing seems to open.  I know it's something silly on my end.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

2 minutes ago, EC28 said:

...to simply 7100 and ruTorrent wouldn't load with that set.

you need to set it to the following for a single port:-

7100-7100

your wan rule does not look the same as the port forward nat rule, the wan rule has a alias name of 'rTorrent' for the port, is this alias the same as your port forward nat rule value of '7100-7119' ?

10 minutes ago, binhex said:

you need to set it to the following for a single port:-

Got that working now, thanks.

10 minutes ago, binhex said:

your wan rule does not look the same as the port forward nat rule, the wan rule has a alias name of 'rTorrent' for the port, is this alias the same as your port forward nat rule value of '7100-7119' ?

Must have somehow uploaded an older picture.  It's set to the same now.  Emby pings as open.  So does HTTP/HTTPS.  So weird.  I've tried turning NAT reflection completely off (disabled), tried PureNat, tried NAT + Proxy; doesn't seem to make a difference.

I am curious as to what each port does in the docker settings.  I know 9080 is the webUI, but what do the other ones do?  Is it something with them and pfSense maybe?

Untitled.png

Edited by EC28
6 minutes ago, EC28 said:

I am curious as to what each port does in the docker settings.

-p 9080:9080 = web ui http
    -p 9443:9443 = web ui https
    -p 8118:8118 = privoxy

have you added a port mapping for the container for the incoming port?, you will need to add in the port 7100 for the container, otherwise it cannot get out to the lan.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

have you added a port mapping for the container for the incoming port?, you will need to add in the port 7100 for the container, otherwise it cannot get out to the lan.

That did it, thank you so much!  Why I couldn't remember to do that is beyond me.  Just out of curiosity, what is port 5000 for?