ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

What would be useful on the app would be to be able to send wake on lan ping to wake server if sleeping.

There is a button called "Power On" if your server is off. Try that one  ;)

That's right !  :)

LOL got to be on of my most stupid posts!! Who would believe power on button would turn on server! Maybe i could try the on switch on my brain and see if a wol ping could wake me!!!

But in my defensive i had not looked at the app when server has been off :-[

• Upvote 1

What would be useful on the app would be to be able to send wake on lan ping to wake server if sleeping.

LOL got to be on of my most stupid posts!! Who would believe power on button would turn on server! Maybe i could try the on switch on my brain and see if a wol ping could wake me!!!

Don't worry. We will remind you about the incident  ;D

Don't worry. We will remind you about the incident  ;D

;D

Small visual request. On the ops page is it possible to keep the "Actions" icons aligned. Not all of my dockers have WebUI pages so the "stop" button is underneath the globe for the UI.

Love this app!

Thanks smdion !

I'm splitting dockers and vms into separate pages, I'll check how feasible this is.

Small visual request. On the ops page is it possible to keep the "Actions" icons aligned. Not all of my dockers have WebUI pages so the "stop" button is underneath the globe for the UI.

Love this app!

Thanks smdion !

I'm splitting dockers and vms into separate pages, I'll check how feasible this is.

First, great app and thanks. Maybe you can incorporate a swipe left or right action on the main server page to change between Disks, Shares, Ops... This would allow you to include another section after apps. And a swipe right when you're on the Disks page could show settings and/or move the Power and Spin functions there.

5.  As in my previous post it would be great to have the app with a restricted mode so it can be put on family members phones tablets    to let them start and stop vms or dockers but nothing else.

I do have a libvirtwol plugin. It basically listens on your unRAID network adapter for wake on lan packets and starts a vm if a mac address matches the vm's mac. You can use any wol app or have your client device wake the vm. You could then have your vm shutdown or hibernate with no activity

First, great app and thanks. Maybe you can incorporate a swipe left or right action on the main server page to change between Disks, Shares, Ops... This would allow you to include another section after apps. And a swipe right when you're on the Disks page could show settings and/or move the Power and Spin functions there.

Thanks dmacias !

I've been looking into something similar to your suggestion, but I don't think it'll make the next release.

I'll publish a new release this weekend, with separate docker/vm pages (unless rc3 brings many changes, something I don't expect).

In the meantime, I'd like to open a discussion about the user permissions feature (vote here if you'd like this to be implemented).

This is what I've been thinking:

- Permissions based on unRAID users

unRAID supports users already. I propose to use the comments field to define permissions.

The syntax for the permissions would be

[docker|vm]:[+|-][rwx]

In this context, rwx would mean

r: User can see the docker/vm, but can't interact (actions are disabled, except to open the web ui, maybe?)

w: User can edit/remove the docker/vm

x: User can start/stop the docker/vm

The default (if nothing is set in the comments) would be +r, all dockers/vms are visible.

The root user is a special case, it has access to everything (no need to specify any permission)

For example, you create an additional user and set its comment field to:

nzbget:-r|sonarr:+wx|plex:+x

The user will not see the nzbget docker, will be able to edit/remove and start/stop the sonarr docker and will be able to start/stop the plex vm.

- UI based on user

The current UI will be shown to the root user.

For all other users, a limited view showing only the dockers/vms page and associated actions (as per the permissions)

- Login/Logout

The main servers page will allow to login/logout for each server, so that users with different permissions can use the app on the same device.

I'm not sure where the user description field is used and if it can be used like this at all.

If it can't, this feature would become a whole other level of difficult.

Let me know your comments/suggestions.

I've just published 1.4.0, with:

- Dockers and VMs are now in separate pages and can be displayed as cards or as a list !

- Bug fixes and improvements

I've also enabled Google's Family Library.

This covers purchases made before July 2nd (the date Family Library actually went live for developers).

I'll close the Docker/VMs feature request and work on User Permissions next.

I have 15 dockers - they do not show up in the list at all.

What info do you need for troubleshooting.

Diags Attached

Also is it possible after the Summary line for the raid disks, to have the UD drives listed as well?

Thanks

Myk

Hi MyKroFt,

The dockers ... were they showing before this release ?

What are UD drives ?

I'll send you a pm to ask for some additional info.

Also I have 2 1tb drives.  They show as 1tb in unRAID but are funky here.

d097918cf7ac4c30ba912c037b209de0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks MyKroFt, I'll check this.

About the dockers not showing, as discussed offline, dockers and vms need to show up in the unRAID Dashboard page, so that the app can pick them up as well.

I'll find out more about the unassigned devices.