[SUPPORT] pihole for unRaid - Spants repo

899 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See Spaceinvader One's setup video here:        I wrote the template that pulls in the Official Docker Container from PiHole. I swapped over from my unofficial one a long

Hi, I wanted to use this pihole docker as my second dns server, i already have a hardware raspberry pi as my main pihole dns, but having a backup is always good. I was wondering how i could

I just wanted to share a trick I used to have hostnames show up in the Pihole Dashboard for my local devices instead of IP addresses. Like this:     First make a copy of the /etc/

Posted Images

do you have port 53 in use by any other dockers?

No, I did run through all my dockers and did not see any conflicts, unless there are some settings I don't know about. My list of dockers just in case:

- CouchPotato, DDClient, deluge, Dolphin, muximux, openvpn-as, plex, plexpy, sabnzbd, Sonarr.

No, I did run through all my dockers and did not see any conflicts, unless there are some settings I don't know about. My list of dockers just in case:

- CouchPotato, DDClient, deluge, Dolphin, muximux, openvpn-as, plex, plexpy, sabnzbd, Sonarr.

Try a reboot... worked for me when I was having a similar problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a reboot... worked for me when I was having a similar problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebooted and disabled autostart of all dockers and VM's. Still no luck. Am I able to switch port 53 to 54 or will this break how pihole works?

Should dnsmasq be running by default on unraid? I think this may be the issue and am wondering if there will be any adverse affects if I remove it.

So I ran

killall dnsmasq

then was able to start Pihole just fine. Not sure if this will persist after a reboot, no idea if I have broken anything else but things seem to be working at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this! Sadly I can't make it work either :(

I've successfully changed unRAID port to 81, created with touch command the needed files but when trying to run it I get

3kEnKVW4+

Setup is as follows

3dhO195p+

In the logs I get some errors

==> /var/log/nginx/error.log <==

2016/11/13 09:49:58 [error] 196#196: *8 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: max(): Array must contain at least one element in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 256

PHP message: PHP Warning: min(): Array must contain at least one element in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 257

PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/admin/data.php on line 260" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.1.7, server: , request: "GET /admin/api.php?overTimeData HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "10.0.1.2", referrer: "http://10.0.1.2/admin/index.php"

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Thanks so much for this! Sadly I can't make it work either :(

I've successfully changed unRAID port to 81, created with touch command the needed files but when trying to run it I get

3kEnKVW4+

I just saw the "Execution Error" on another container.  Nothing in the logs, but a reboot of the server fixed it...

@gl3nn - sorry, I don't know the answer. Is this something the raspberry PI version does?

@bluepr0 - How many network cards are in your server?, Is the serverip the same as your unraid server?. I think I saw the same error when the empty txt files had not been created correctly... Is it all pointing to the right place? (There is a manual step for this docker)

@bluepr0 - How many network cards are in your server?, Is the serverip the same as your unraid server?. I think I saw the same error when the empty txt files had not been created correctly... Is it all pointing to the right place? (There is a manual step for this docker)

The server has 2 eth ports (but with bridge enabled), the serverip is the same as my unraid server indeed!. Also the .txt files seems to be created correctly, if I for example do a 'kill dnsmasq' then I can run the docker, even if it doesn't work when resolving addresses at least it will run

k, I have two eth but I only use one. I wonder if this is the issue.

Also, how is dnsmasq running? Is it a plugin or other docker?

honestly? no idea! I read an user on this thread saying that using "kill dnsmasq" worked so I just tried it. I think I don't have anything using dnsmasq or the port 53 (actually I executed the command directly through SSH on the unRAID server, so shouldn't be related to a docker but maybe a plugin?)

honestly? no idea! I read an user on this thread saying that using "kill dnsmasq" worked so I just tried it. I think I don't have anything using dnsmasq or the port 53 (actually I executed the command directly through SSH on the unRAID server, so shouldn't be related to a docker but maybe a plugin?)

If it killed dnsmasq then its probably a plugin or something rather than a docker image.

If it killed dnsmasq then its probably a plugin or something rather than a docker image.

It lets me execute the docker but it seems to not work (not translating DNS to IPs)

ok, it doesn't do that job - it checks to see if they are in a blacklist and then forwards the request to the dns server ips on the template. Are they correct?

I think so! here's all my configuration (it even shows the URL with the unRAID server IP)

2yJ2gGhg+

thanks a lot!