Jump to content
atribe

[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

436 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

im having trouble launching telegraf i have srt my telegraf.conf but it does not start i get this


/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \"/mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" to rootfs \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/cd975c47d7167e306f4a430184eb09c7d1c946d8f85bb3516686dfda87e0dc1c\" at \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/cd975c47d7167e306f4a430184eb09c7d1c946d8f85bb3516686dfda87e0dc1c/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" caused \"not a directory\""": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

Screenshot (2).png

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

im having trouble launching telegraf i have srt my telegraf.conf but it does not start i get this


/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \"/mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" to rootfs \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/cd975c47d7167e306f4a430184eb09c7d1c946d8f85bb3516686dfda87e0dc1c\" at \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/cd975c47d7167e306f4a430184eb09c7d1c946d8f85bb3516686dfda87e0dc1c/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" caused \"not a directory\""": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

Screenshot (2).png

You need to create that path and put the file telegraf.conf in the folder and then map to just the file. Find the file on the telegraf github.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

I have IMG_4745.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to rename that to remove the .txt and change the mapping to be /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

I have done both of these and still nothing working IMG_4749.JPGIMG_4748.JPGIMG_4747.JPG


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to remove the trailing slash from 

/mnt/cache/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf/

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

Have done that still not starting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the error message it is giving now?

Share this post


Link to post

This is my error message
usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \"/mnt/cache/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" to rootfs \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/abd966a3fe49a95bf567f7fafa1528a3c65549fa16fef317d386842cff70ede0\" at \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/abd966a3fe49a95bf567f7fafa1528a3c65549fa16fef317d386842cff70ede0/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" caused \"not a directory\""": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/21/2019 at 9:37 PM, Spoonsy1480 said:

This is my error message
usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:346: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused "rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \"/mnt/cache/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" to rootfs \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/abd966a3fe49a95bf567f7fafa1528a3c65549fa16fef317d386842cff70ede0\" at \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/abd966a3fe49a95bf567f7fafa1528a3c65549fa16fef317d386842cff70ede0/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" caused \"not a directory\""": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

I get the same error. I followed the setup guide on Reddit. I've added the conf file. The docker keeps recreating a directory called telegraf.conf.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2019 at 9:34 PM, rclifton said:

Thanks for the heads up!!  Never even thought to look at the github page for some reason lol..

any update on getting the latest git pull @atribe?

this package still wont start:

 

Connecting to InfluxDB host:192.168.1.248, DB:nut
Connected successfully to InfluxDB
Connecting to NUT host 192.168.1.248:3493
Connected successfully to NUT
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/src/nut-influxdb-exporter.py", line 107, in <module>
json_body = construct_object(ups_data, remove_keys, tag_keys)
File "/src/nut-influxdb-exporter.py", line 85, in construct_object
fields['watts'] = watts * 0.01 * fields['ups.load']
TypeError: can't multiply sequence by non-int of type 'float'

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm trying to learn grafana, influxdb, varken, and telegraf. I think I have everything with a basic setup but when i go into Grafana, where do i start. I read over a few guides and they all mention adding a data source but I don't see it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

 

 

3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any chance your Telegraf container can have smartmontools & ipmitools pre-installed so I don't have to remember to install them every time?

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone successfully gotten [[inputs.smart]] working in telegraf on Unraid?  It seems that using smartctl is the only way to get temperature metrics on NVMe devices but I can't discern a way to pass smartctl through from Unraid to the telegraf container.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

Has anyone successfully gotten [[inputs.smart]] working in telegraf on Unraid?  It seems that using smartctl is the only way to get temperature metrics on NVMe devices but I can't discern a way to pass smartctl through from Unraid to the telegraf container.

You need to do the following (where telegraf is what you named the container).

  • docker exec -it telegraf /bin/bash
  • apk update
  • apk add smartmontools
  • exit
  • docker restart telegraf

You will need to do this every time the container updates :(

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, shaunmccloud said:

You need to do the following (where telegraf is what you named the container).

  • docker exec -it telegraf /bin/bash
  • apk update
  • apk add smartmontools
  • exit
  • docker restart telegraf

You will need to do this every time the container updates :(


That's what I was hoping to avoid, a non-persistent work around.  But even so, that does not work.  apk is not a command that works for me inside the container.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:


That's what I was hoping to avoid, a non-persistent work around.  But even so, that does not work.  apk is not a command that works for me inside the container.

Thats weird, works fine for me.  What is the error it gives you?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, shaunmccloud said:

Thats weird, works fine for me.  What is the error it gives you?

image.png.aec696fa36b11a96cf25ec1ab93c1b06.png

 

image.png.f147e39394b36867deb8588e74210562.png

 

I'm using this container (latest) BTW.

Edited by IamSpartacus

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, shaunmccloud said:

Ahh, so not atribe's telegraf container.  Might be why?

 

I can try switching but I remember having some kind of issue with atribe's container when I first got this setup.  Let me see if I can get that container working.

Share this post


Link to post

Yea this image isn't going to work with my current telegraf.conf.  It doesn't appear to support the new inputs.apcupsd input that was recently added by telegraf and it gives me errors with all the fields I have in inputs.docker.

 

It's not worth getting all that to play nice if this workaround won't even persist across container updates so I'll need to find a different solution.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

Yea this image isn't going to work with my current telegraf.conf.  It doesn't appear to support the new inputs.apcupsd input that was recently added by telegraf and it gives me errors with all the fields I have in inputs.docker.

 

It's not worth getting all that to play nice if this workaround won't even persist across container updates so I'll need to find a different solution.

 

I'm using the same image you are for Nvidia support.

It has apt, so you can just run;

apt-get update

apt-get install smartmontools

 

You can allow the device by adding the nvme device(s) under [[inputs.smart]]

 

My config (instead of using hddtemp);

[[inputs.smart]]
  attributes = true
[[inputs.smart]]

  attributes = true

  devices = [ "/dev/nvme0n1p1" ]

 

I haven't found a way to scan all nvme instead of specifying them.
 

Edited by jenga201

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jenga201 said:

 

I'm using the same image you are for Nvidia support.

It has apt, so you can just run;

apt-get update

apt-get install smartmontools

 

You can allow the device by adding the nvme device(s) under [[inputs.smart]]

 

My config (instead of using hddtemp);

[[inputs.smart]]
  attributes = true
[[inputs.smart]]

  attributes = true

  devices = [ "/dev/nvme0n1p1" ]

 

I haven't found a way to scan all nvme instead of specifying them.
 

 

Thanks for reminding me, Nvidia support was the reason I switched to this image as well.  And thanks for the tip on getting smartmontools working.  But I'm not any smart data available to choose from in my grafana queries.  Was there anything else you had to do?

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, IamSpartacus said:

 

Thanks for reminding me, Nvidia support was the reason I switched to this image as well.  And thanks for the tip on getting smartmontools working.  But I'm not any smart data available to choose from in my grafana queries.  Was there anything else you had to do?

Nothing special related to telegraf or grafana except the [[inputs.smart]] block.

 

This is my grafana config.

image.thumb.png.e8e8049eeae23b4fe2ae8ad984ea36c3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.