[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

35 minutes ago, jenga201 said:

Nothing special related to telegraf or grafana except the [[inputs.smart]] block.

This is my grafana config.

image.thumb.png.e8e8049eeae23b4fe2ae8ad984ea36c3.png

Hmmmm.  I can't seem to get the smart data to show up in my database.  In my telegraf.conf, if I have 3 nvme devices do I need anything more than this?

[[inputs.smart]]
  attributes = true
  devices = ["/dev/nvme0n1,/dev/nvme1n1,/dev/nvme2n1"]

2 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

Hmmmm.  I can't seem to get the smart data to show up in my database.  In my telegraf.conf, if I have 3 nvme devices do I need anything more than this?

[[inputs.smart]]
  attributes = true
  devices = ["/dev/nvme0n1,/dev/nvme1n1,/dev/nvme2n1"]

try

[[inputs.smart]]

attributes = true

devices = ["/dev/nvme0n1","/dev/nvme1n1","/dev/nvme2n1"]

How you specified it would be an array of a single device, not an array of 3 devices.

Edited by jenga201
14 hours ago, jenga201 said:

try

[[inputs.smart]]

attributes = true

devices = ["/dev/nvme0n1","/dev/nvme1n1","/dev/nvme2n1"]

How you specified it would be an array of a single device, not an array of 3 devices.

Yup that did it.  So I have to do that for all my spinner disk as well huh?  I also noticed that the only nvme device I'm able to pull temp data on is my cache drive.  I have 3 other unassigned nvme's but I can't see the temp data on those.  Odd.

Also, are you just manually installing smartmontools after each container update or are you doing it through a script?

Edited by IamSpartacus

On 11/16/2019 at 3:04 AM, jenga201 said:

I'm using the same image you are for Nvidia support.

It has apt, so you can just run;

apt-get update

apt-get install smartmontools

You can allow the device by adding the nvme device(s) under [[inputs.smart]]

My config (instead of using hddtemp);

[[inputs.smart]]
  attributes = true
[[inputs.smart]]

attributes = true

devices = [ "/dev/nvme0n1p1" ]

I haven't found a way to scan all nvme instead of specifying them.

1 hour ago, IamSpartacus said:

Yup that did it.  So I have to do that for all my spinner disk as well huh?  I also noticed that the only nvme device I'm able to pull temp data on is my cache drive.  I have 3 other unassigned nvme's but I can't see the temp data on those.  Odd.

Also, are you just manually installing smartmontools after each container update or are you doing it through a script?

No, you should be able to still scan the normal disks. Refer to my original post on how to stack them.

When I get time, I will be looking into how unraid uses docker-compose or docker files.

For now, I'll just be doing it manually.. or not updating the container.

15 minutes ago, jenga201 said:

No, you should be able to still scan the normal disks. Refer to my original post on how to stack them.

When I get time, I will be looking into how unraid uses docker-compose or docker files.

For now, I'll just be doing it manually.. or not updating the container.

Oh I see what you did there.  Ok yea that work (stacking the inputs).  Have you had any luck getting data off unassigned NVMe's or do you not use any in UD's?

4 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

Oh I see what you did there.  Ok yea that work (stacking the inputs).  Have you had any luck getting data off unassigned NVMe's or do you not use any in UD's?

I don't have any unassigned currently, but i plan to with one coming next week.  I can do some testing then if you haven't gotten it to work.  I'll probably run into the same issue.

1 hour ago, shaunmccloud said:

If you figure it out, let me know.  I want that and smartmontools.

1 hour ago, mordac said:

Is there any way to semi-permanently add ipmi-tool to the telegraf docker? I've been manually installing it but obviously that gets trashed on update.

There is an open issue on github for this https://github.com/influxdata/influxdata-docker/issues/118

The solution is probably to make a custom image that uses telegraf as the base image and then adds ipmi-tool. But sadly,

I don't have time for that at the moment.

5 hours ago, atribe said:

There is an open issue on github for this https://github.com/influxdata/influxdata-docker/issues/118

The solution is probably to make a custom image that uses telegraf as the base image and then adds ipmi-tool. But sadly,

I don't have time for that at the moment.

Ah, dang, looks like they won't do it because of "bloat" (although they just added lm_sensors last august...). Well, I'm a docker noob, I'll have to look up how to do that. 

On 11/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, IamSpartacus said:

Didn't have issue with unassigned drives;

telegraf.conf
  devices = [ "/dev/nvme0n1", "/dev/nvme1n1" ]

image.png.e43d98f373ac6cbe31f85c773061ad4b.png

image.png.f966fe8b678741019d6ff213704d8b3b.png

17 minutes ago, jenga201 said:

Didn't have issue with unassigned drives;

telegraf.conf
  devices = [ "/dev/nvme0n1", "/dev/nvme1n1" ]

image.png.e43d98f373ac6cbe31f85c773061ad4b.png

image.png.f966fe8b678741019d6ff213704d8b3b.png

Thank you for testing that.  The only other variable is  that my two unassigned NVMe devices (Intel Optane 900p drives) are part of a btrfs pool.  My queries are identical to yours.  My cache drive reads fine but if I choose either of the two drives in the btrfs pool I get no data.

image.png.f8e058b3553ce49f700d73752949e1bc.png

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MrMooreIOM said:

Does anyone know the default username/password?

From the guide in the first post:

Install the Grafana Docker image by atribe. Set the GF_SERVER_ROOT_URL to your servers IP address (put http:// in front of it) and change GF_SECURITY_ADMIN_PASSWORD to a password of your liking.

After the installation go to Grafana's web UI (http://yourserverip:3000). Log in with the user name "admin" and your chosen password. You'll be greeted by your Home Dashboard.

hadnt used grafana for a few weeks. Updated to unraid 6.8 and now I cant login to grafana. I get this error in red on the login screen.

```t=2019-12-18T11:16:44-0500 lvl=info msg="Successful Login" logger=http.server User=admin@localhost
t=2019-12-18T11:16:44-0500 lvl=eror msg="Request error" logger=context userId=0 orgId=1 uname= error="runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference" stack="/usr/local/go/src/runtime/panic.go:199 (0x44c5cb)\n/usr/local/go/src/runtime/signal_unix.go:394 (0x44c408)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/api/login.go:168 (0x1311a6a)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/api/login.go:143 (0x131144f)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:460 (0x4978e5)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:321 (0x4970a3)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:177 (0x826cc9)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:137 (0x826679)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/api/common.go:37 (0x133a36d)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:460 (0x4978e5)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:321 (0x4970a3)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:177 (0x826cc9)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:137 (0x826679)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:121 (0x827c68)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:112 (0xc5b2c5)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/middleware/request_tracing.go:25 (0xc5b2b8)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:460 (0x4978e5)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:321 (0x4970a3)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:177 (0x826cc9)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:137 (0x826679)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:121 (0x827c68)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:112 (0xc5aabc)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/middleware/request_metrics.go:17 (0xc5aaa7)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:460 (0x4978e5)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:321 (0x4970a3)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:177 (0x826cc9)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:137 (0x826679)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:121 (0x827c68)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:112 (0xc5a9cf)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/middleware/recovery.go:147 (0xc5a9bd)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:79 (0x827b10)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:157 (0x8269d9)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:135 (0x826768)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:121 (0x827c68)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:112 (0xc5821b)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/pkg/middleware/logger.go:34 (0xc58206)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:460 (0x4978e5)\n/usr/local/go/src/reflect/value.go:321 (0x4970a3)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:177 (0x826cc9)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/github.com/go-macaron/inject/inject.go:137 (0x826679)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/context.go:121 (0x827c68)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/router.go:187 (0x838dc6)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/router.go:294 (0x83373d)\n/go/src/github.com/grafana/grafana/vendor/gopkg.in/macaron.v1/macaron.go:220 (0x82cb5a)\n/usr/local/go/src/net/http/server.go:2802 (0x706823)\n/usr/local/go/src/net/http/server.go:1890 (0x7021c4)\n/usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:1357 (0x466ce0)\n"

2-18T11:16:44-0500 lvl=eror msg="Request Completed" logger=context userId=0 orgId=1 uname= method=POST path=/login status=500 remote_addr=192.168.0.15 time_ms=18 size=1717 referer="http://192.168.0.50:3000/login?redirect=%2Fd%2FRvJaJ31Wk%2Fgrow%3ForgId%3D1"```

Edited by mkono87

I installed and have the InfluxDB docker running.  I also have the SpeedTestForInfluxDB docker installed and running and feeding into a database in InfluxDB.  I am in the process of setting up telegraf docker.  Installed it, made the changes to the config file and when I try to start the docker, I get the error of "Execution Error Bad Parameter".  Any ideas what is going on?  Thank you in advance for your help.  

I've got 2 issues and I'm running the MineOS-Node docker container and fix common problems keeps giving me the following error:

Template URL for docker application mineos-node is not the as what the template author specified. The template URL the author specified is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clowrym/docker-templates/master/Mineos-node(Ubuntu).xml. The template can be updated automatically with the correct URL.

If I apply the fix it then gives me this:

Template URL for docker application mineos-node is not the as what the template author specified. The template URL the author specified is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/atribe/unRAID-docker/master/mineos-node.xml. The template can be updated automatically with the correct URL.

Back and fourth with no end in sight. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

Also something keeps resetting the ownership on my appdata/minecraft directory to nobody:users and the docker refuses to see any of my servers unless I manually change the ownership back to a local userID:1000 which is what the docker sets a new server ownership to by default.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, JohnSracic said:

I installed and have the InfluxDB docker running.  I also have the SpeedTestForInfluxDB docker installed and running and feeding into a database in InfluxDB.  I am in the process of setting up telegraf docker.  Installed it, made the changes to the config file and when I try to start the docker, I get the error of "Execution Error Bad Parameter".  Any ideas what is going on?  Thank you in advance for your help.  

Go into "\mnt\user\appdata\telegraf" there you will find a folder telegraf.conf delete this folder in the same directory place the telegraf.conf FILE from the github page. For now this gets rid of the error but i still am having with getting telegraf to start that is another issue i need to figure out.

Edited by Farmer_joe
added info

Now I get this error in the logfile after trying to start Telegraf.

[telegraf] Error running agent: Error parsing /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf, line 7: invalid TOML syntax

Got Telegraf working I had downloaded an html version of the config. Use this article follow the instructions in the Telegraf section to the letter.

Edited by Farmer_joe
added info (solved)
On 12/21/2019 at 3:59 PM, klingon00 said:

I've got 2 issues and I'm running the MineOS-Node docker container and fix common problems keeps giving me the following error:

If I apply the fix it then gives me this:

Back and fourth with no end in sight. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

Also something keeps resetting the ownership on my appdata/minecraft directory to nobody:users and the docker refuses to see any of my servers unless I manually change the ownership back to a local userID:1000 which is what the docker sets a new server ownership to by default.

Same here, any fix you found yet?

On 12/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, rmeaux said:

Same here, any fix you found yet?

I can temporarily get the server working again by running chown -R of the minecraft directory on my appdata share to a local user ID and group 1000. I discovered this works because the docker sets these permissions when you create a new server.

Unfortunately, there is some automatic process somewhere that is resetting permissions back to 'nobody' and group 'users' for this directory breaking the docker from being able to see my servers or download profiles, etc. This process appears to be within the docker itself as the permissions get reset every time the docker is started.

I've gone through things like CA Backup tool and told it to not shutdown this docker and that has helped the servers to stay up longer but sometimes my players find the server is down randomly and I still have to go back in and fix the permissions manually to get the servers working again.

Does anyone here know why this is happening?

If it helps, my logs are full of this:

USER_NAME not provided; defaulting to "mc"
Created user: mc (uid: 1000)
Generating Self-Signed SSL...
Generating a RSA private key
..+++++
...............+++++
writing new private key to '.tmpkey.pem'
-----
writing RSA key
2019-12-07 23:00:01,015 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2019-12-07 23:00:01,015 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2019-12-07 23:00:01,021 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2019-12-07 23:00:01,021 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2019-12-07 23:00:01,021 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2019-12-07 23:00:02,022 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 30
2019-12-07 23:00:03,401 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-12-08 03:00:06,716 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2019-12-08 03:00:06,716 INFO waiting for mineos to die
2019-12-08 03:00:06,726 INFO stopped: mineos (terminated by SIGTERM)
USER_NAME not provided; defaulting to "mc"
mc already exists.

Edited by klingon00
Added log file

Hi, I've gotten everything working according to detailed post on reddit and have Telegraf configured to report every 30s to InfluxDB. But I'm noticing that my disks are not spinning down ever since I started using Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, and HDDTemp. Are the disks unable to be spun down because Telegraf and HDDTemp is collecting disk info? I tried disabling HDDTemp for now but it doesn't seem to be allowing the disks to be kept spun down. 

To be clear, I mean to keep the disks spun down within the array and on Unassigned Devices. I can spin down the disks in the array perfectly fine but they don't stay spun down even when nothing is accessing the array. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys have had this running for about a month now with zero issues and love it to bits.

Unfortunately I have run into an issue with my cache ssd's. I had a 1TB Samsung ssd which reported temp just fine but since I added a second ssd cache of the same drive all I get is zero reported from either drive. Any help on where to look would be most helpfull. I know its not a deal breaker but just helps my ocd lol.300720954_ScreenShot2020-01-19at11_35_33AM.thumb.png.af278fa7e8f75111f1c3c07e0ccccf84.png

937145083_ScreenShot2020-01-19at11_45_47AM.thumb.png.0f69096a3375762b44e7bda1b1178124.png

Edited by JaseNZ

Question about 'Glances' - The network interfaces down the left side seem to include docker containers. However the naming scheme being used isn't something that correlates to anything I've tried to look up, including container ID for example. Can someone explain how to correlated that? Screenshot for reference: 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.20.40 AM.png