atribe

[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

436 posts in this topic Last Reply

13 hours ago, falconexe said:

No worries! Good Luck. Let us know what you find out. It may help someone else in the future.

Previously what I had noticed was a popup window in chrome asking something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to leave this page?"  with a leave and cancel button.  As though I had started writing an email or something and tried to close the browser before I sent / saved it or such.  If I hit cancel the popup would just come back.  Leave button would dump me to the grafana login screen.

Started doing some testing opened up 3 browser windows

Chrome, Chrome Incognito Mode, Edge

logged into all of them and put up the same dashboard with in a few seconds of each other.

~10 min later Edge had dropped me back out to the login screen.

~30 min the Incognito window did the same.

then around ~40 min the normal chrome window did the same, I actually visually caught that one.   1 second Its on my dashboard the next at the login screen

Edited by snowmirage

Well it’s most likely not Grafana because if it was a single internal setting, they should all log out around the same timeout. Very odd. I have my Grafana dashboards up 24/7 and the only time I ever have to log in again, is if I clear browser history (cookies). 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try another computer.

Tried another test had the same dashboard up in a normal chrome window for right around 20 min and was kicked to the grafana login screen.  This time I was running a Wireshark capture looking at the network traffic thought maybe I'd see the TCP / HTTP session get reset or something but no such luck.

I'll have to give this some more thought still can't figure out what could be causing this behavior.  I'll try on another machine shortly maybe that will give some clue.

On 10/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, falconexe said:

Well it’s most likely not Grafana because if it was a single internal setting, they should all log out around the same timeout. Very odd. I have my Grafana dashboards up 24/7 and the only time I ever have to log in again, is if I clear browser history (cookies). 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try another computer.

I'm seeing the same behavior on 2 other computers.  I started to try to look at the logs for grafana but haven't found them yet.

opening the console for the docker container I don't see a grafana.log file inside of /var/log/grafana  in fact I don't see any files in there.  Maybe they aren't visible to the grafana user?

/usr/share/grafana $ cd /var/log/grafana/
/var/log/grafana $ ls -lh
total 0      
/var/log/grafana $ 

total 0      
/var/log/grafana $ 

I found a few topics that pointed me to a still active bug in grafana that maybe is related

https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/16638

but appears to be way back Version 6.1.4   we look to be on 7.2.1

1 hour ago, snowmirage said:

I'm seeing the same behavior on 2 other computers.  I started to try to look at the logs for grafana but haven't found them yet.

opening the console for the docker container I don't see a grafana.log file inside of /var/log/grafana  in fact I don't see any files in there.  Maybe they aren't visible to the grafana user?

total 0      
/var/log/grafana $ 

total 0      
/var/log/grafana $ 

I found a few topics that pointed me to a still active bug in grafana that maybe is related

https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/16638

but appears to be way back Version 6.1.4   we look to be on 7.2.1

You can always right click on the Grafana docker and view the log there from the UNRAID GUI. 

One difference is that I DO NOT use GUS, and manually installed all 3 dockers. I cannot attest to which version of Grafana is included in GUS, but you may want to confirm with Testdasi on that. Glad you found some breadcrumbs to follow at least. Let us know if you get it resolved.

So I've had this issue for quite awhile and not sure why. It's just finally starting to drive me nuts lol

Every time there is an update for telegraf, I have 2 host path 7's. So the app updates, but don't start until I remove one of them. 

Any ideas? Thanks

image.thumb.png.32ed1dda8b1442ff89ea773fa88c2350.png

I'm having a rough time trying to sort out my databases with the correct name and all, since it's a pain to use the commands.

I really tried looking at the documentation, but for some reason, it's not working.

After spending some time on Google, I found out that some command works if I type 

influx -execute 

before the command database command.
Like this:

influx -execute 'SHOW DATABASES'

And when you're creating a user with the quotation marks, it doesn't work.

Can someone link me the correct documentation, or tell me how it's done properly?

7 hours ago, Nanobug said:

I'm having a rough time trying to sort out my databases with the correct name and all, since it's a pain to use the commands.

I really tried looking at the documentation, but for some reason, it's not working.

After spending some time on Google, I found out that some command works if I type 

influx -execute 

before the command database command.
Like this:

influx -execute 'SHOW DATABASES'

And when you're creating a user with the quotation marks, it doesn't work.

Can someone link me the correct documentation, or tell me how it's done properly?

You can use this tool to view and manage influxdb database https://github.com/CymaticLabs/InfluxDBStudio/releases

I use it and like it better than the command line.

I am having an issue randomly after using telegrapf for a year it wont start. I get this message:

Error running agent: could not initialize input inputs.smart: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and it is in your PATH (or specified in config): provided path does not exist: []

But I did not make any changes to Smartctl and I don't know how to install or change this path it always worked fine.

2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Starting Telegraf 1.16.1
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Using config file: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Loaded inputs: cpu disk diskio docker hddtemp kernel mem net processes sensors smart swap system
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Loaded aggregators:
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Loaded processors:
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Loaded outputs: influxdb
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! Tags enabled: host=UNRAID
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z I! [agent] Config: Interval:1s, Quiet:false, Hostname:"UNRAID", Flush Interval:10s
2020-11-01T21:12:12Z E! [telegraf] Error running agent: could not initialize input inputs.smart: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and it is in your PATH (or specified in config): provided path does not exist: []

Edited by Rasta

I'm having some weird issue where I can't connect to the docker for my InfluxDB using the unRaid console. It connects for a second and then flashes up "connection refused" and I get a black screen with a white cursor that doesn't allow me to type anything.

I need to alter some settings on my database, how do I do this now? :/

Edited by rickydg