[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

Hello, 

Few days ago my Telegraf docked stopped working. I get the following error:

[telegraf] Error running agent: could not initialize input inputs.smart: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and it is in your PATH (or specified in config): provided path does not exist: []

I just upgraded to Unraid 6.9.1 but the error remains. Any ideas?

Thanks

On 6/18/2017 at 12:20 AM, atribe said:

The docker version of grafana doesn't use a grafana.ini file. It uses container variables instead. The Key 1 and Key 2 of the unraid docker container are mapped to container variables GF_SERVER_ROOT_URL and GF_SECURITY_ADMIN_PASSWORD respectively. You would add any configuration you would have put in the .ini file into a variable of the with a name patterned after the two I just mentioned.

I've tried to get anonymous authentication working, but no luck. I've tried GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS and setting the value to true but it doesn't seem to work. The documentation here makes it seem like this isn't doable https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/auth/grafana/#anonymous-authentication

I want to set up grafana with a reverse proxy so I can send anyone a link and they can view a dashboard without having to sign in. Is this possible? Thank you.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:19 AM, kennymc.c said:

@kannznichkaufen If you're starting a new database with the influxdb/lastest image, it will use influxdb 2.0 which stores its data in /var/lib/influxdb2 according to the Docker hub page. This path is also mentioned in you log. Unfortunately the Unraid Influxdb App Template hasn't been updated, so you have to manually adjust HostPath 1. 

Maybe @atribe could change the default Host Path to /var/lib/influxdb2.

Thanks for this hint!

I startet using influxdb2 a few days ago without knowing about this. I updated the container today and lost all settings (and data from that time...) because it was stored in the wrong place...

Hi all,

It looks like the default storage configuration that most people are using is to put the InfluxDB data on a cache pool.  I'd like to know if anyone has tried using the data array for data storage or found some way to split the database files across cache and pool (e.g. historical data on array, recent data on cache).  

It seems like storage needs should be pretty minimal--monitoring 16 metrics stored as 64-bit floats once per minute is only about 5.3 MB per month--but it's hard to tell how much space I'll actually need and I have a pretty small SDD cache and I'd like to at least consider alternative configurations.

Hi guys, I just spent some hours getting the upgrade vom 1.8 to 2.0 working but it does not work out. I did the steps mentioned here https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.0/upgrade/v1-to-v2/docker/ and a bolt file is not existing in the influxdb2 folders. Data can be written when the token is created but I do not see the historical data before the upgrade from 1.8. Please help me out on that issue! Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2021-04-06 064111.png

Having issues with the SpeedtestforInfluxDB docker today.  I can't get it to load (after a year of reliable use).  Logs show this error immediately upon starting the container:

Loading Configuration File config.ini
Configuration Successfully Loaded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/src/influxspeedtest.py", line 8, in <module>
collector.run()
File "/src/influxspeedtest/InfluxdbSpeedtest.py", line 176, in run
self.run_speed_test(server)
File "/src/influxspeedtest/InfluxdbSpeedtest.py", line 121, in run_speed_test
self.setup_speedtest(server)
File "/src/influxspeedtest/InfluxdbSpeedtest.py", line 71, in setup_speedtest
self.speedtest = speedtest.Speedtest()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/speedtest.py", line 1091, in __init__
self.get_config()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/speedtest.py", line 1174, in get_config
map(int, server_config['ignoreids'].split(','))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

I am on InfluxDB v1.8.  Anyone else having issue with this container?  Thanks!

On 4/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, Andiroo2 said:

Having issues with the SpeedtestforInfluxDB docker today.  I can't get it to load (after a year of reliable use).  Logs show this error immediately upon starting the container:

collector.run()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/speedtest.py", line 1091, in __init__
self.get_config()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/speedtest.py", line 1174, in get_config

I have the same issue since a few days :

2021-04-10 08:57:21,453 - INFO: Starting Speed Test For Server None
collector.run()
File "/src/influxspeedtest/InfluxdbSpeedtest.py", line 171, in run
self.run_speed_test()
File "/src/influxspeedtest/InfluxdbSpeedtest.py", line 119, in run_speed_test
self.get_config()

Edited by koala784
Edit image screenshot into code
  • Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, Andiroo2 said:

collector.run()
self.get_config()

Same problem here.

• Like 1

Hi, looking for some help with the Glances docker.

Every seems to be fine except I don't see a storage listing for the total array.  I have listings for:

/

/etc/hostname

/etc/hosts

/etc/resolv.conf

/mnt/cache

/mnt/disk1

/mnt/disk2

/mnt/disk3

/mnt/disk4

/mnt/disk5

The mnt listings report the correct individual drive sizes and the other 4 all report 20GB, no listing for 9TB.

I'm afraid I'm fairly new to this and don't know where to start looking for the solution so any help would be great

On 4/10/2021 at 3:56 AM, koala784 said:

I have the same issue since a few days :

2021-04-10 08:57:21,453 - INFO: Starting Speed Test For Server None
collector.run()
self.run_speed_test()
self.get_config()

Having exactly the same issue :(

• Like 1

EDIT: 

There is a workaround I found on the GIT repository.  Basically the author of the speedtest docker needs to rebuild it.  Until then, you can rebuild it yourself and point it to your own local repository.  See this link for instructions.

Same issue has the others have reported regarding the SpeedTest docker.  Seems one of the parameters no longer allows NULL values?

Debug Logging Output:

2021-04-19 16:00:09,787 - DEBUG: Testing connection to InfluxDb using provided credentials
2021-04-19 16:00:09,789 - DEBUG: Successful connection to InfluxDb
2021-04-19 16:00:09,789 - INFO: Starting Speed Test For Server None
2021-04-19 16:00:09,797 - DEBUG: Setting up SpeedTest.net client
collector.run()
self.run_speed_test()
self.get_config()

Edited by Einsteinjr
  • Like 2

Hey all - I am having some issues setting up the initial Grafana data source.  I followed this guide How to setup Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf to monitor your unRAID system. | Technical Ramblings

With this post arguments in telegraf - (which is the one for telegraf:alpine repository)

/bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add smartmontools && apk add lm-sensors lm-sensors-detect perl && apk add nvme-cli && apk add ipmitool && telegraf'

Everything went along fine until i got to he part where I was adding the data source in grafana.  All dockers are up and running, however, when I try to attach, I get the error below.  I think it's authentication related.  I used the password in the telegraf.conf file (metrics......).  I also tried it with the default info as well as the info in the guide (which I am aware is not complete). 

Can anyone give me a little help?  The frustrating part is, I got this working last year and it was cool.  Now, I am looking to use it with my energy monitoring system and its not working : /

Thanks all

image.thumb.png.616b42b70b6171d9e0d7b448ae8f9bac.png

On 5/8/2018 at 10:54 AM, Blaze9 said:

I'm thinking this is docker log and not the actual container database.. Wonder if clearing it would be OK or not... Hmm.

Did you ever find a fix for this?  My influxdb log size is roughly ~5gb and it's eating up my docker image.  Thanks!

Couldn't make influxdb v2.x connect properly.  Running the "influx" command through the docker command prompt never connected to the database, so was unable to create databases for my applications to populate.

Doing the same setup process with influx v1.7 worked fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, ledfortr said:

Everything went along fine until i got to he part where I was adding the data source in grafana.  ....

Can anyone give me a little help?  The frustrating part is, I got this working last year and it was cool.  Now, I am looking to use it with my energy monitoring system and its not working : /

Influxdb 2.x doesn't work with these containers. The API or authentication system is significantly different than in 1.8. I haven't really looked into trying to fix it, because it was just easier to stick with 1.8. In the Influxdb docker container, change the repository to "influxdb:1.8.4" and things will work again.

How are folks backing up their influxdb?  Right now my CA AppData backup is taking hours due to the size (95gb currently) of my influxdb.  I'd love to do a backup outside of CA but unsure if there are existing tools or if I'll need to script something to run via cron.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, mattbridges said:

I'm trying to enable anonymous access by passing these environmental variables through but it doesn't seem to be working, am I doing something wrong?

Container Variable: GF_ANONYMOUS_ACCESS
Set to true

Container Variable: GF_ORG_ROLE

Set to Editor

I got anonymous access working by adding the variable GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ENABLED set to true.

Hope it helps

Edited by FFV