[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

18 minutes ago, servidude said:

Sounds like an unexpected update to v2 maybe.  How long have you had the "Auto Update" switched on?

I already was on v2 and really liked it.

Auto Update is installed since I have this docker running.

edit:
Thx for your fast answer

Edited by jakami99
On 1/5/2022 at 8:29 AM, GregorJ said:

Influxdb v2: Wrong settings for volume mount and WebGUI (:latest docker container)

Please check.
I think these settings should be corrected for influx v2 (this is now :latest version of docker container):

correct container path is now: /var/lib/influxdb2 (2 is added at the end of path)

webUI should redirect to port 8086 for influx administration UI. example: http://someIP:8086

Yep, there is an error with the template. I lost everything from my first setup upon docker update due this error.

• Upvote 1

Hello.
I used Telegraf a while back, and wanted to set it up again, but I'm getting this error:

E! [telegraf] Error running agent: could not initialize input inputs.smart: smartctl not found: verify that smartctl is installed and it is in your PATH (or specified in config): provided path does not exist: [/usr/bin/smartctl]

I see that people had similar issues here, but I didn't find a solution for it either.

I've followed this guide to get this far:
https://technicalramblings.com/blog/how-to-setup-grafana-influxdb-and-telegraf-to-monitor-your-unraid-system/

The main problem is Grafana is not showing any data.

It connects alright to InfluxDB as well.

Any ideas on where to start?

My post arguments are this:

/bin/sh -c 'apt update && apt install -y smartmontools && apt install -y lm-sensors && telegraf' --user 0

I've attatched my config file for Telegraf as well.

telegraf.conf

Hello there,

thanks for your effort.

I recently updated the nicolargo/glances (april 10 update)

After that update my connection to an external platform stopped working.

This is the system I am using.

Sadly I am not able to talk to the api properly.

May I kindly ask what changed since the last update?

It was working fine.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

*** FIX ***

managed to fix the issue by installing the previous version by choosing the old repo

nicolargo/glances:3.2.4.2-full

Edited by apedance
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

for some reason, Grafana won't start… at all.

It didn't create any log file or similar, so I don't really know where to start troubleshooting.

The system log also seems pretty normal (no kinds of error message etc.).

The Grafana folder in the appdata is, in general, completely empty (don't know if that's normal behavior).

When I tell the docker to start, it's just loading for a second and then stops doing anything.

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so there could be something obvious missing, which I just don't know yet.

Any kind of help is much appreciated! 🙂

edit:

found a fix in an old German forum post...

thx @Ford Prefect!

the permissions for the Grafana user isn't set correctly for some reason...

cd /mnt/user/appdata

chmod a+rwX grafana
Edited by Optimus1008
fixed
  • Thanks 2
On 3/15/2022 at 11:34 PM, VelcroBP said:

I'm not able to start Grafana container on Unraid 6.9.2 after install. It immediately fails with an "Execution Error: Server Error" and doesn't generate any logs. I'm using the below defaults, but swapping in my server IP after the "http://" in the Key 1 field. I do not have any other containers using port 3000.

image.thumb.png.678944b86ccbe0e2f871df9b9009e06a.png

I'm still unable to start Grafana with the same error. I tried switching to HOST and it actually starts, but stops shortly after with the following error: 

logger=server t=2022-04-16T22:41:00.79-0400 lvl=eror msg="Server shutdown" error="*api.HTTPServer run error: failed to open listener on address 0.0.0.0:3000: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:3000: bind: address already in use"

4 hours ago, VelcroBP said:

That seems to have fixed it for me also! Thanks!

Spoke too soon. It starts and runs now. However, I do not get the webUI when I open it. Instead I get a page with the following text only:

{"status":"OK","version":{"major":2,"minor":9,"revision":18}}

14 minutes ago, VelcroBP said:

Spoke too soon. It starts and runs now. However, I do not get the webUI when I open it. Instead I get a page with the following text only:

{"status":"OK","version":{"major":2,"minor":9,"revision":18}}

I'm so dumb. It will not start after the chmod. I still had it using HOST, so it starts but will not load the webUI in HOST. In BRIDGE I still get the SERVER ERROR immediately after trying to start the container.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get glances to show the full command, like htop? e.g. by default it is just showing "python3" instead of "python3 -m glances /glances/conf/glances.conf -w"

It looks like glances by default should be showing the full command line, but it doesn't when I use this container.

I had this container working for a very long time, but recently when trying to open Glances nothing will load.  In the logs I am seeing the following error:

Error while initializing the docker plugin (No module named 'dateutil')

Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues using the Grafana container since the 6.10 upgrade?  In another thread on Docker permissions after the upgrade, some users are having permissions issues with existing containers post-upgrade: 

My Grafana error is:

logger=ngalert.multiorg.alertmanager t=2022-05-25T09:34:45.41-0400 lvl=eror msg="unable to create Alertmanager for org" org=1 err="error writing file notifications: unable to create the working directory \"/var/lib/grafana/alerting/1\": mkdir /var/lib/grafana/alerting/1: permission denied"

I've made various wholesale changes to the permissions on the appdata folder with no luck, but I think this error is happening with file access within the container.

5 hours ago, Andiroo2 said:

I've made various wholesale changes to the permissions on the appdata folder with no luck, but I think this error is happening with file access within the container.

I just had a different error, but permissions related too (I couldn't log into the webui). Heres what I did that worked. This is from ssh in Unraid.

docker exec -u root -it Grafana /bin/bash
chmod -R a+w /var/lib/grafana

EDIT: Seems I spoke too soon. I still have issues. Namely that I can't get disable_login to work. It always redirects to /login even though it's disabled. Any ideas?

Edited by Fredrick
On 5/25/2022 at 3:39 PM, Andiroo2 said:

Anyone else having issues using the Grafana container since the 6.10 upgrade?  In another thread on Docker permissions after the upgrade, some users are having permissions issues with existing containers post-upgrade: 

My Grafana error is:

logger=ngalert.multiorg.alertmanager t=2022-05-25T09:34:45.41-0400 lvl=eror msg="unable to create Alertmanager for org" org=1 err="error writing file notifications: unable to create the working directory \"/var/lib/grafana/alerting/1\": mkdir /var/lib/grafana/alerting/1: permission denied"

Yup, same here. No dice getting it to work 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to InfluxDB and Grafana which i have  installed , However, I am unable to access InfluxDB on port 8083 to login etc.  so that i can connect to Grafana and HA.

There are no error message in the logs. Could  you please advise where are i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

On 6/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, mikey6283 said:

Hi,

I am new to InfluxDB and Grafana which i have  installed , However, I am unable to access InfluxDB on port 8083 to login etc.  so that i can connect to Grafana and HA.

There are no error message in the logs. Could  you please advise where are i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, 

I am unable to log on to InfluxDB on port 8083 as well but my second host port I set up which is 8068 works fine. I am not sure why I don't see a conflict with 8083 or know if it is used by something else. 

15 hours ago, rcjk said:

Hello, 

I am unable to log on to InfluxDB on port 8083 as well but my second host port I set up which is 8068 works fine. I am not sure why I don't see a conflict with 8083 or know if it is used by something else. 

Thanks for your reply and noted.  I am trying to create a Grafana database using the home assistant  and i was wondering  if you are using Flux or influxdbQL.   Telegrau, Influxdb and Grafana and running without errors in any of the logs. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Hi Mikey,

I am pretty new as well but can try to help. I am not sure on the port 8083, I tried 8038 which yielded same results. Monitoring traffic on wireshark, my PC sends the request to server + port and the server replies back with a RST (reset) flag. I have influx running on a custom network so there may be an issue on the custom network port 8083 that port 8038 forwards to. I probably won't dive deeper, time is limited between work and farm and port 8068 works for now :)

I just downloaded Grafana today so I can start playing around with it. I have Telegraf and Influx working. Have you been able to get into influx with the second port?

21 hours ago, rcjk said:

Hi Mikey,

I am pretty new as well but can try to help. I am not sure on the port 8083, I tried 8038 which yielded same results. Monitoring traffic on wireshark, my PC sends the request to server + port and the server replies back with a RST (reset) flag. I have influx running on a custom network so there may be an issue on the custom network port 8083 that port 8038 forwards to. I probably won't dive deeper, time is limited between work and farm and port 8068 works for now :)

I just downloaded Grafana today so I can start playing around with it. I have Telegraf and Influx working. Have you been able to get into influx with the second port?

I have been able to get into the container as you will see the snapshots it will not allow me to create the database for homeassistant which according to the details i should be able too. Any help / direction would be grateful.

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 08.00.28.png

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 07.59.46.png

I may be wrong but I think you need to use commands to create a bucket. From what I understand you have an organization and then within the org you create buckets to where you store your data. Also from what I can see on their documentation, all commands need to start with influx, 

For instance on mine I have a org called HavenFarm to which I created a bucket called weather. I then am using telegraf to dump my data into the bucket called weather. I think first you will have to set up authorization first

https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.2/reference/cli/influx/#provide-required-authentication-credentials

I just tried the command line fine

image.png.ccde195db3dd11f6c02a3dea12965236.png

I am using the gui rather then command for it is easier to set up buckets and such. 

image.png.3ffc8a4de0688607c19935420d406d12.png

https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.2/reference/cli/influx/

I recently installed InfluxDB and Grafana. However, after every update to InfluxDB it loses *ALL* of it settings and data. I have to completely set it up again. Very annoying..

How can I prevent this from happening again?

Also, my /mnt/user/influxdb is empty. It is properly configured in the docker settings for this app. The directory is writable to the group users and is owned by 'nobody'.

*edit* I should have read the previous page on this thread... I changed the setting for this mount from /var/lib/influxdb to /var/lib/influxdb and now it does save files.

Edited by Pim Bliek
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 12:39 PM, Pim Bliek said:

I recently installed InfluxDB and Grafana. However, after every update to InfluxDB it loses *ALL* of it settings and data. I have to completely set it up again. Very annoying..

How can I prevent this from happening again?

Also, my /mnt/user/influxdb is empty. It is properly configured in the docker settings for this app. The directory is writable to the group users and is owned by 'nobody'.

*edit* I should have read the previous page on this thread... I changed the setting for this mount from /var/lib/influxdb to /var/lib/influxdb and now it does save files.

The template has wrong path. You need to edit the container and change the "Host Path 1" setting's "Container Path" value to "/var/lib/influxdb2". Otherwise the database is created inside the container and not on host and it will be reset every time you update the container.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

in glances I used to see the stats for every docker container running under a "Containers" headings or similar, but it seems this funtionality stopped working some time ago and Im not sure why.

I wiped and reinstalled the glances docker but that didnt help, and my logs always show empty :(

Any ideas how to get this functionality back?

Unraid 6.10.3

glances latest container image from today

Thanks!

Hi Guys,
can you help me, iam a little bit confused.

I got a running setup of influxDB / Grafana on a RaspberryPi with custom sensors and code. I wanted to migrate that stuff to unraid and was glad there are some ready to go docker containers for influxdb and grafana.

Thats where the confusion starts. In the dockercontainer there is no influx shell like the influx on debian/ubuntu only the an influx command. I cannot find a way to create databases, I only find buckets? Googling the problem didn't help much. The docker container has a own WebUI of influxDb which my influxDB on raspy does not have. It feels like iam using two different programs that have the same Name.

Can you help me understand whats going on?

Thanks Michael